Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of the two players you mentioned no way was we getting de Jong and as for grealish not be able to get that over the line was down to levy fucking about and the reason I know this is because I know someone quite close to him and his family.
As for agenda's that is total bollocks mate everyone has his or her opinion on how they see the club run or lack of investment etc, the same as how you see everything isn't a problem which is your perogative but certainly no agenda.

There are 100% agendas with certain fans mate, you know it and I know it.

As for my opinion, when I say that under Levy we have gone from a mid table team to one that has been in the semi finals of the Europa League and then semi finalists of the Champions League that isn't my opinion, that is fact.

Can you honestly say that we aren't in a better position now than we were when Levy & ENIC took over? If people say about the time taken to get there I'll merely point to where the likes of Chelsea, Man U & Woolwich find themselves these days as a benchmark for how it's easier said than done.

I don't think Levy has been a miraculous director, but I see far more worse run clubs than better run clubs than ours and that's more than good enough for me. That hefty money the league got through TV rights, most teams have spent it yet we haven't. Simple business principles tells me that this leaves us in a healthier position than others who chucked money at signings that haven't made them a better team than we are based on standings. Only Liverpool have surpassed us but even them their owners have loaned them close to £250m which will need to get paid back.

Could Levy have done more, occasionally yes he could have but I see our stature as a football club these days compared to my earlier memories of the club and I'm thankful for the organic development I've witnessed and how it's kept our roots real. Nothing has been fabricated because of a wealthy businessman, it's all been achieved because of who we are as a football club and I hope it continues that way, even if it takes longer to achieve genuine, tangiable success

Last edited:

As for my opinion, when I say that under Levy we have gone from a mid table team to one that has been in the semi finals of the Europa League and then semi finalists of the Champions League that isn't my opinion, that is fact.

Can you honestly say that we aren't in a better position now than we were when Levy & ENIC took over? If people say about the time taken to get there I'll merely point to where the likes of Chelsea, Man U & Woolwich find themselves these days as a benchmark for how it's easier said than done.

I don't think Levy has been a miraculous director, but I see far more worse run clubs than better run clubs than ours and that's more than good enough for me. That hefty money the league got through TV rights, most teams have spent it yet we haven't. Simple business principles tells me that this leaves us in a healthier position than others who chucked money at signings that haven't made most a better team than we are based on standings. Only Liverpool have surpassed us but even them their owners have loaned them close to £250m which will need to get paid back.

Could Levy have done more, occasionally yes he could have but I see our stature as a football club these days compared to my earlier memories of the club and I'm thankful for the organic development I've witnessed and how it's kept our roots real. Nothing has been fabricated because of a wealthy businessman, it's all been achieved because of who we are as a football club and I hope it continues that way, even if it takes longer to achieve genuine, tangiable success

Quality. :adesalute:

I don't think Levy has been a miraculous director, but I see far more worse run clubs than better run clubs than ours and that's more than good enough for me. That hefty money the league got through TV rights, most teams have spent it yet we haven't. Simple business principles tells me that this leaves us in a healthier position than others who chucked money at signings that haven't made most a better team than we are based on standings. Only Liverpool have surpassed us but even them their owners have loaned them close to £250m which will need to get paid back.

Fantastic post, nailed it.

Top post ... well played sir

Let's face it, if the fans chose our signings we would be playing Berahino and Damiou up front, Barkley, Moutinho and Greilish in midfield, Schniderlin as DM and Lovren leading our defense. Oh and Sissoko would have been sold for peanuts.

Thank god Levy doesn't take transfer advice from the forums :)

The one time he handed over the transfer responsibility when his wife was unwell we ended up with the magnificent 7 Chadlii, Lamela, Paulinho, Soldado, Chiriches, Eriksen and Capoue....I guess 1 out of 7 ain't bad.

So, assuming this. Let's say Pochettino was backed with 100 million last summer. And let's say that the players Pochettino wanted said "No, we're not changing clubs this summer," and "I'd like to, but the owners won't sanction a deal." And then let's say Pochettino says I want those 3 guys or nobody.

In this scenario, who is at fault? Because Frenkie de Jong said no to us last summer because he wanted to stay at Ajax, according to him. Grealish and Ndombele couldn't get their owners to ok moves. And Pochettino didn't want anyone else.

In that scenario, how is it Levy who is at fault?
But wait....if we made an offer to De Jong that, according to him was a serious one (and one he treated as such), we must have had some communication with Ajax. Enough for them to believe we were serious.

Doesn't match up with the image that some people like to paint, that the second Pochettino signed his new contract levy turned into Daniel Dastardly, said "no new players for you, my pretty" and ran of into the night cackling and twirling his 'tache, does it?
And in the meantime poor little Mauricio , chained in the basement and only given scraps, didn't quit.

Maybe, if it's the right term to use, Pochettino has as big a hand in transfers as levy?

I don't think Levy has been a miraculous director, but I see far more worse run clubs than better run clubs than ours and that's more than good enough for me. That hefty money the league got through TV rights, most teams have spent it yet we haven't. Simple business principles tells me that this leaves us in a healthier position than others who chucked money at signings that haven't made them a better team than we are based on standings. Only Liverpool have surpassed us but even them their owners have loaned them close to £250m which will need to get paid back.

Great to see an alternative pov without resorting to the insults and bedwetting witnessed above. :thumbdown:
I can see where you're coming from. But whatever the definition of profit it doesn't justify skipping 2 whole transfer windows and leaving us with a threadbare squad to challenge at the business end of the season.
And I don't think a club of our size and resources should have to rely on the sale of stars like Toby and Chris' to raise the cash for new players.
But your probably right mate. That's the way the Summer will shape up

100% Poch would have preferred to recruit players rather than let the squad stagnate.

I think we have been playing the same game for a while though. And now with the influx of money clubs don’t have to get screwed over as much.
So transfer prices have rocketed at the worst possible time for us.

Interested to see who we sign in the summer. We have seen Liverpool improve with significant investment in 2 key positions. I think we will need to do the same.
As well as a general rebuild of the squad. 1 season with no activity will have a knock on effect.

Just played a Champions League Semi Final in the best stadium in the world.

But what has he ever done for us?
Welcome back, Spursdem.

Credit to Levy for the venue. But I think Poch and team deserve the credit for getting to the semi.

Kind of backs up my earlier post. It's a shame more supporters don't show as much support for the hand-tied Poch and his dwindling band of fighters as they do for Levy and the owners.

Of course the club is in a better position financially and football based wise on the whole although the club still retains an inability to proceed past semi finals due to some aversion to them, but yes the club with the infrastructure in place is in a solid position especially if the club was to sell they would be able to maximize their outlay which I would imagine is the long term plan.
Lots of fan's are excited about the summer and the potential summer influx of signings which I can't see if I'm honest, I would think he has a small budget to work within with the rest made up of player sales to top it up.
Not sure that this will take the club onto any real success in the near future but I see by your comments that you are quite prepared to wait 2/3 decades for Levy's vision of his utopia to come to fruition good luck with that mate but at least we reached a CL semi final which is one to tell the grandchildren when there older.

I hope that Daniel & Poch's relationship is better than some posters are making it out to be - reading through the last few pages, anyone would think that they are at loggerheads, when in reality they probably have the closest relationship between manager and chairman.
I don't think either of them are perfect, and mistakes have been made along the way, but they are perfect for us, IMO.
I don't believe spending money just for the sake of it is going to solve our problems, nearly every transfer is a risk, so I can understand why we haven't splashed the cash.
If we can hold onto 3rd/4th place, and even if we don't get to the final, it will still be a successful season, considering all the setbacks we have had to deal with.

Last edited:
I hope that Daniel & Poch's relationship is better than some posters are making it out to be - reading through the last few pages, anyone would think that they are at loggerheads, when in reality they probably have the closest relationship between manager and chairman.
I don't think either of them are perfect, and mistakes have been made along the way, but they are perfect for us, IMO.
I don't believe spending money just for the sake of it is going to solve our problems, nearly every transfer is a risk, so I can understand why we haven't splashed the cash.
If we can hold onto 3rd/4th place, and even if we don't get to the final, it will still be a successful season, considering all the setbacks we have had to deal with.
There will always be set backs at Tottenham we just learn to deal with it

100% Poch would have preferred to recruit players rather than let the squad stagnate.

I think we have been playing the same game for a while though. And now with the influx of money clubs don’t have to get screwed over as much.
So transfer prices have rocketed at the worst possible time for us.

Interested to see who we sign in the summer. We have seen Liverpool improve with significant investment in 2 key positions. I think we will need to do the same.
As well as a general rebuild of the squad. 1 season with no activity will have a knock on effect.
But we won't pay those type of fees to invest so it becomes a non existent point

You can add to that the incredible bad luck we've had. Finishing 4th but missing out of CL, goals that didn't count Manu,goals that shouldn't have counted Chavs etc etc

Back
Top Bottom