Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just business mate, nothing personal.
200w.gif

neon-pink-troll-157x300.jpg
item_L_11549608_16422021.jpg

I know signing a great defender is a good thing, but I'm struggling to get excited by this.

We already conceded the least amount of goals last year, so this will bring a marginal improvement at best.

I know signing a great defender is a good thing, but I'm struggling to get excited by this.

We already conceded the least amount of goals last year, so this will bring a marginal improvement at best.

Short term thinking.

A young ball playing defender with strength and pace who can hold a high line and also cover RB.

Means Dier doesn't have to play In a back three in the short term and is a contingency for Toby / Jan in the long term.

I get what you're saying. Before the summer if someone told me we would be breaking our transfer record a new centre back would have been the last thing I'd have thought of.

That being said, with Jan being 30, Toby's contract up in the air and Dier wanting to compete for CM, as well as not being strong enough to play as CB for a team challenging in the Champions League in my honest opinion, the signings of Sanchez and Foyth were smart ones to make.

One things for sure, most of our signings over the next window or two will be more attack minded players. I fully expect that our scouts have been told to focus on the next Eriksen, Alli, Rashford, Martial, Mane or Kane and that dollar similar to the Davinson fee will be made available should we find him

3 at the back is in vogue but it utterly depends on the two fullbacks giving width. We've got Aurier to fill the RB hole, hopefully Rose is still on board for LB and two good players to challenge them and offer different options. Id like us to start doing it in the next game, no messing. DS has played at international level already, the club obviously know what hes capable of so lets bed him in now with two other superb centrebacks.

Pochettino went for some very naturally aggressive signings this year. I wonder if he identified this as something needed for the next step in his plan.

This is a very good point. Hadn't thought of it in terms of an actual strategy before. Probably a lot of truth in that. He always commented about lack of aggressiveness, particularly in terms of individual mentality.

If we can make sure we nail Toby and Verts to new contracts we are sorted at the back for some time.

Davies
Rose
Walker-Peters
Toby
Verts
Sanchez
Foyth
Trippier
Aurier

Also Dier in emergencies.

So fucking strong.

There was a great moment in the first half where someone tried beating him down the right wing, he slid to block the cross and still ended up with the ball. Was a great bit of defending.

Chinese Ledley King, he is.

So fucking strong.

There was a great moment in the first half where someone tried beating him down the right wing, he slid to block the cross and still ended up with the ball. Was a great bit of defending.

Chinese Ledley King, he is.

I agreed, but I don't know what the 'Chinese' bit means....

Looked terrific first seventy, a little shaky after

Loved us as a back three tho, much more penetrative

I thought Toby looked sublime on the right hand side of defence. I initially thought he'd play in the middle of the 3 but with Sanchezs pace it makes sense to have him covering both Jan and Toby.

Three at the back with Rose and Aurier wing backs will cause all sorts of problems this year. Add the wardrobe that is Wanyama to the park and the high defensive line Poch wants is really taking a serious shape to it.

Back
Top Bottom