DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DeAndre looks good from what I've seen and it might seem stupid to some people but he looks like a Spurs player... I think his pace and ability to get up and down overlapping Lamela will be great when he arrives. I hope he doesn't arrive then end up playing second fiddle to Walker because that'll seem like such a waste! Hopefully this could also see Naughton's Spurs career to an end, wish him luck but he doesnt cut the mustard for us!

Naughton was excellent on Thursday and has been incredibly solid so far this season, but generally I'd agree on that point. I'm excited by his pace but there's no fucking way he should start ahead of Walker when he comes in, unless he earns the place in cup games.

CHKzSCzWkAAou_P.png

Yid-lin!

I'll try to find highlights from last night's game but apart from Shaqiri and Lewandowsi, Yedlin was the only other player that every time he took the ball there was a general excitement that something good was going to happen.

Yea his pace is a given, but on the ball he can take on players and show flair and skill. Regardless of nationality this is a good buy if it happens.

Last night he showed defensive prowess as well, Bayern, with the exception of two or three runs in the first half, only took their attack to the left. That didn't stop Yedlin from getting involved in the defensive box as he provided support for the CBs and showed some tackling skill on Lewandowski as he slipped by the two cbs and was about to fire from the spot. Sure he is young and defenders build their mental game with time, but for his age his positioning is on par with other euro starters.

Good player? Check.
Good marketing? Check.
Tons of potential? Check.
Cheap? Check.

Pochettino coached Southampton for a year and a half and in that time he moulded two 18 year old full backs into £46 million combined in transfer fees. I'm sure he could do something extremely positive with a player of Yedlin's natural ability and athleticism. The same goes for Walker, Davies and Rose.

Hello. I suppose I would potentially be one of the new dozen Yank fans. I made this video of Yedlin against Belgium in the World Cup. He does pretty well going up against a decent LB. Thought some of you might would enjoy watching it:

Yedlin's a calculated risk. He's young and pretty inexperienced. But he's also massively athletically talented, starting to show some real footballing ability, and of course a chance to gain exposure in American market :levywhoa:

In a couple years he has the potential to be a real quality player or he could fade into obscurity. But ultimately at £2m there's almost no risk at all. Same thing can be said for Dier though he cost a bit more. Yedlin is a punt for sure but the ceiling is high both football-wise and commercially. Nothing to lose really.

Back
Top Bottom