DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing that impressed me the most about that performance was how he reacted to it, more so than his actual performance. Didn't look even remotely phased, which is of course very rare for a young player getting his debut with the senior side.

Do you know what I like about Yedlin? It wasn't so much his performance against Belgium but how he reacted to it. Didn't even look remotely phased taking on Hazard and Jan. which of course is very rare for a young player coming on for an injured teammate in the knockout rounds of the World Cup.

Last edited:
Tottenham is barely known in the states, I don't think it can be fairly said that they're disliked, they just haven't had the same exposure as the other "big" clubs.

Whenever it comes up that I'm a big *cough* soccer fan, people ask what team I support and when I say Tottenham Hotspur I just get blank stares in response.

Yedlin played tonight in the US Open Cup and had an assist on Seattle's 5th goal. It was a very nice cross (one of Yedlin's biggest improvements in his 2nd season has been his crossing).

I'd say that less than 99% of Americans know who CCV is and probably 5-8% of USMNT fans do know who he is. That said, I bet about 70-80% of Spurs fans have no idea who he is either.

giphy.gif

At the mooted price it's hard to see a downside to this deal. Snap him up and loan him out to a Burnley or Leicester City (I have absolutely no knowlege of their squad or how they play though); it'll be a baptism by fire.

Maybe our options for backup don't inspire worlds of confidence in Pooch? I've said all along that Walker was playing too many games, and caught some flak for it. It's not necessary to play him in every Europa League and Cup tie; he's needed a decent rotation option, and now I think the club experienced a bit of a scare when he went out with an injury at the end of last season.

edit: Hell, the way talent is priced in England we could go back in for Alan Hutton and he might cost us more than what's being advertised for Yedlin.

From what I've seen of Yedlin, I think he's got a lot of natural potential.

I thought that before the World Cup, and by the end of the WC and the friendlies (seattle) I was concerned that he'd put himself in the spotlight a little and would be snapped up by the likes of Buyeveryone-ver Pool or Man Utd.

If we get him, I'll be chuffed as I think he's definitely going to turn out well.

I'm not a scout though, just my thoughts. I just feel we'd regret not signing him when we have the chance

Back
Top Bottom