DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

they are all under 21 so I don't think they count towards the quota.

This is true, but fortunately there is no "quota" for homegrown players, just the foreign players. As long as we keep the foreign cunt equal to and under 17, especially since we currently have so many as is, we can have as many homegrowns as we want. In fact, considering we do have so many of both, it's good that those three mentioned by pdx are younger so wouldn't have to be registered in the 25 man squad, thereby pushing others out. With those nine HG's as is, were all of them to stay, we'd have to lose another spot among the foreign players.

This is true, but fortunately there is no "quota" for homegrown players, just the foreign players. As long as we keep the foreign cunt equal to and under 17, especially since we currently have so many as is, we can have as many homegrowns as we want. In fact, considering we do have so many of both, it's good that those three mentioned by pdx are younger so wouldn't have to be registered in the 25 man squad, thereby pushing others out. With those nine HG's as is, were all of them to stay, we'd have to lose another spot among the foreign players.

1. Lloris
2. Vorm
3. Friedal
4. Vertonghan
5. Chirchiles
6. Kaboul
7. Sandro
8. Capoue
9. Dembele
10. Paulinhio
11. Lamela
12. Eriksen
13. Holtby
14. Chadli
15. Adeybeyor
16. Soldado

Am I missing anyone? Problem is if you are going to add in Schniederland, Depay, Mussachio you would need to get rid of at least 3 right?

Isn't Schneiderlin a HG if we get him?

This would be a quality squad for next season. Only position that would worry me is not guarenteed 20 goal a season forward. You have at least 2 players in each position and even with injury's you should have enough to play 2 strong sides a week.

Tottenham Hotspur 2014/2015

Keepers - Lloris, Vorm, Friedal
Full Backs - Walker*, Fredricks (U), Davies (U), Rose*, Fryers*
Centre Backs - Vertonghen, Musacchio, Chrichiles, Kaboul Dier (U)
Deep Midfield - Schniederlin*, Capoue, Bentaleb (U), Dembele Paulinhio, Mason*
Attacking Midfield - Lamela, Eriksen, Depay, Townsend* , Lennon*, Holtby
Strikers - Adeybeyor, Kane (U), Soldado

U - Under 21 - 5
* - Homegrown - 7
International - 15

Archer, Yedlin, Velkjovic, Carroll out on Loan.

1. Lloris
2. Vorm
3. Friedal
4. Vertonghan
5. Chirchiles
6. Kaboul
7. Sandro
8. Capoue
9. Dembele
10. Paulinhio
11. Lamela
12. Eriksen
13. Holtby
14. Chadli
15. Adeybeyor
16. Soldado

Am I missing anyone? Problem is if you are going to add in Schniederland, Depay, Mussachio you would need to get rid of at least 3 right?

Just two, Khumalo and Assou-Ekotto, who theoretically we could just choose not to register if we don't manage to sell or loan. Musacchio would then put us at 17, which would then mean barring any other departures we could only register eight homegrown players (including Schneiderlin). As for Yedlin (which is looking rather likely at this point), again unless someone else is moved on from the foreign count, that spells rather clearly we'd have no choice but to move him again on loan.

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever did make a good speculation however, that it's possible that with now having the three keepers we have, we could not register Friedel for the Prem roster (and then possibly Lloris for the Europa roster). If no one moves on (which I think someone would anyway if Schneiderlin comes), this would open up some more room to work with.

Hello. I suppose I would potentially be one of the new dozen Yank fans. I made this video of Yedlin against Belgium in the World Cup. He does pretty well going up against a decent LB. Thought some of you might would enjoy watching it:

Hello. I suppose I would potentially be one of the new dozen Yank fans. I made this video of Yedlin against Belgium in the World Cup. He does pretty well going up against a decent LB. Thought some of you might would enjoy watching it:

reminds me so much of Lennon from the 2006 world cup. he looks a real talent and a steal at $3.5mil

That's a good shout. I'm hoping Spurs see him as a winger instead of a natural RB like he plays for Seattle.

No. Full Back is a different position these days, he is perfect for it. Wingers are typically inverted these days in the top team and cut inside, while its up to the full back to get wide, stretch the defense and put in crosses.

As a fellow Yank, delighted to have you on board. If you have the nuts to stick it out, I guarantee you'll look back as being Spurs as one of the finest decisions you've ever made. Anyway, we'll talk about that shit later.

That's a good shout. I'm hoping Spurs see him as a winger instead of a natural RB like he plays for Seattle.

Our new coach at Spurs specializes in the exact kind of fullback Yedlin is, a "wingback." Guarantee you that you'll enjoy seeing Yedlin's skillset as a very athletic winger/fullback put to good use in such a manner. He will be in attacking positions no less at all than while played as a winger with Seattle.

Last edited:
I don't know why people worry about the home-grown quota, it's something the club obviously bears in mind when doing their transfer dealings.

Judging by how lowly he is rated by some of our USA supporters here he sounds like the American version of Bongani Khumalo, bought for commercial purposes rather than for footballing purposes.

Judging by how lowly he is rated by some of our USA supporters here he sounds like the American version of Bongani Khumalo, bought for commercial purposes rather than for footballing purposes.

I think that's a bit of a stupid thing to say - it's clear to see that Yedlin has talent, he's young so is bound to be a bit raw.

Back
Top Bottom