DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we actually need him to improve the team though

Naughton really isn't on the same level as Walker IMO. I think we were too reliant on Walker, and at times his own game hasn't pushed on as much as you would expect after he broke into the team and needs a real threat to his position to ensure that he can, or we have options if he can't. Whether Yedlin is the answer I don't know, bit I think that Naughton certainly isn't.

Just two, Khumalo and Assou-Ekotto, who theoretically we could just choose not to register if we don't manage to sell or loan. Musacchio would then put us at 17, which would then mean barring any other departures we could only register eight homegrown players (including Schneiderlin). As for Yedlin (which is looking rather likely at this point), again unless someone else is moved on from the foreign count, that spells rather clearly we'd have no choice but to move him again on loan.

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever did make a good speculation however, that it's possible that with now having the three keepers we have, we could not register Friedel for the Prem roster (and then possibly Lloris for the Europa roster). If no one moves on (which I think someone would anyway if Schneiderlin comes), this would open up some more room to work with.
Hi CS, re the keepers. with Archer now gone on loan and some doubts expressed about McGee's keeping in a recent game, it might not be such a good idea now to drop Friedel from the 3 Prem spots, depends who else is available. Lloris will surely want to be registered for the Europa even in the early rounds, as he's a big fan of the competition, but EL has different rules to Prem I believe re squad eligibility, neither set of rules I understand, so I'll look for guidance nearer D-day from more knowlegeable posters.

I think that's a bit of a stupid thing to say - it's clear to see that Yedlin has talent, he's young so is bound to be a bit raw.

So in no way possible are Spurs exploiting the US market by signing an 'up and coming' player we don't particularly need and whom plenty of posters in this very thread, who do watch him, don't rate?

Naughton really isn't on the same level as Walker IMO. I think we were too reliant on Walker, and at times his own game hasn't pushed on as much as you would expect after he broke into the team and needs a real threat to his position to ensure that he can, or we have options if he can't. Whether Yedlin is the answer I don't know, bit I think that Naughton certainly isn't.

Completely agree, but i would really like to see a youth player given ago instead of spending money too quickly. Especially when we have poch who seems to work well with the younger players.

Completely agree, but i would really like to see a youth player given ago instead of spending money too quickly. Especially when we have poch who seems to work well with the younger players.

I agree that youth should be given a chance and maybe Fredericks will get a chance this year in the cups to show what he is about. But if he isn't up to it and Walker gets injured again, what then? Rely on Naughton?

I agree that youth should be given a chance and maybe Fredericks will get a chance this year in the cups to show what he is about. But if he isn't up to it and Walker gets injured again, what then? Rely on Naughton?

Fair point, but i'd rather see him given a chance. Maybe as you say, play walker as first choice in the league (plus any other big games) then have yedlin play in europe whilst fredericks can have a crack at league and FA cup ties

There has been a lot of discussing how some of our attacking players dont have the freedom they need for using their capabilities.
Yedlin as a backup for Walker would..

oh the hell with this bullshit

Hes American, you know, Americans have FREEDOM
obama-freedom_o_574551.jpg

So in no way possible are Spurs exploiting the US market by signing an 'up and coming' player we don't particularly need and whom plenty of posters in this very thread, who do watch him, don't rate?

Isn't it the same 'stunt' we tried pulling on the Japanese market with Kazuyuki Toda a few years back?
...and, dare I say, Bongani Khumalo and the hitherto untapped South African market???

...we've been at it for years!

Judging by how lowly he is rated by some of our USA supporters here he sounds like the American version of Bongani Khumalo, bought for commercial purposes rather than for footballing purposes.

I don't think they're lowly rating him, he's really young but is definitely highly rated among most over here to be a huge part of the USMNTs future. From what I've read, I think right now a lot of us (yanks) might be hesitant because they want Yedlin to be able to get proper training/playing time wherever he goes.

Don't think he'll get that here anytime soon. However, if it means selling Naughton and buying Yedlin to be Walkers backup...I'd be for that. I'd assume we'd get him time in Europa play.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t...ng-in-on-35-million-transfer-for?ICID=HP_BN_1

One of the big US MLS writers is reporting 3.5 million in US dollars. This is a no brainer. We might get double that for Naughton.
Fuckin daylight robbery :dawsonlol:

We do need a better right back. Naughton is not a suitable back up. He is Championship quality at best and has proven that on far too many occasions.

No one in this thread is a football scout. Everyone has their opinions, but I have more faith in Spurs' scouting team than any Yank on TFC.

I see the American contingent on this board has increased, as have the Naughton haters, I'm on a hiding to nothing here!

"Spurs is a tricky place to play," Keller told Goal USA at Major League Soccer's Castrol Media Cup. "They're a team that has a lot of turnover in players.

"Spurs are a team that has the money, and they are always looking for a bargain, but it's a tough place to go. I just want to see young American players get to situations where they're going to play regularly, week in and week out. If that's at Tottenham, great. But if it's not, then it's not the right move.

Wise words mr keller, you played it well. :freundgoal:

Seriously whats the point of even having an academy if we're just going to buy backups instead of letting someone like fredericks into the squad
To make money.

I believe WindyCOYS WindyCOYS has talked about this on the pod, but the academy is, iirc, rather unambiguously in the business of making money from player sales, not restocking the first team.

Every academy provides a balance between these two, but Spurs seem comfortably toward the former side of the spectrum.

And why not? We have the money to buy talent, after all. We don't have to rely on the kids; so we don't.

Hi VT, I don't understand this asshole reference? Please clarify, wouldn't want to put someone on ignore over a misunderstanding.

Probably American. Anyone who isn't inline with their one dimensional way of thinking is an "asshole"

I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not. It was a joke - calling him asshole for making me think of Walker being a longer term injury. He's not an asshole, I don't know him yada yada yada
Can't believe I had to explain that.

Back
Top Bottom