Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is completely wrong- regardless of how many times you say it.

The immune cells induced by the flu vaccine don't attack the influence virus at an earlier stage than the immune cells induced by the covid vaccines. The spike is on the surface of the coronavirus.
I know the spike is on the surface but it;s the presentation of the spike to the cell that causes the immunity to ''kill that cell'' the flu vaccine recognises the whole of the flu virus as soon as it shows up, regardless whether or not it trying to infect a new cell.

I've always thought most students are dumb, you don't need to convince me, I know how they are formulated by the corruption of science, in fact it's that corrupt science that got us in the covid jam to begin with.

So it's you and your sort that has infected our players.

I know the spike is on the surface but it;s the presentation of the spike to the cell that causes the immunity to ''kill that cell'' the flu vaccine recognises the whole of the flu virus as soon as it shows up, regardless whether or not it trying to infect a new cell
Once again- this is untrue.
What do you mean by the flu vaccine recognises the flu virus as soon as it shows up?

The immune cells induced BY the flu vaccine recognises the influenza virus when it encounters it. In the same way immune cells induced by the covid vaccine recognises the spike protein on the coronavirus when it encounters it.
Neither the immune cells induced by flu or covid vaccine are inside another cell- so what you're saying just makes no scientific sense.

Once again- this is untrue.
What do you mean by the flu vaccine recognises the flu virus as soon as it shows up?

The immune cells induced BY the flu vaccine recognises the influenza virus when it encounters it. In the same way immune cells induced by the covid vaccine recognises the spike protein on the coronavirus when it encounters it.
Neither the immune cells induced by flu or covid vaccine are inside another cell- so what you're saying just makes no scientific sense.
I didn't think I needed to break it down into baby steps for you, I've already been saying that the immune system is what attacks the virus not the actual vaccine.

You don't seem to know why the mRNA vaccines are non sterilising, lol go back to uni.

I didn't think I needed to break it down into baby steps for you, I've already been saying that the immune system is what attacks the virus not the actual vaccine.
Indeed, but you're indicating that the flu vaccine works as soon as influenza enters the body, while the covid vaccine has to wait for the covid spikes to infiltrate a new cell- this isn't true as immune cells aren't inside other cells.

The mechanism by which a vaccine induces the immune cells, does not influence the locations where the immune cells are then present. That's your fundamental confusion.

Last edited:
Indeed, but you're indicating that the flu vaccine works as soon as influenza enters the body, while the covid vaccine has to wait for the covid spikes to infiltrate a new cell- this isn't true as immune cells aren't inside other cells.

The mechanism by which a vaccine induces the immune cells, does not influence the locations where the immune cells are then present. That's your fundamental confusion.
The flu virus doesn't replicate in the body post vaccine apart from a small % of cases as per all vaccines.

The mRNA covid vaccines don't stop viral replication they work when the spike presents itself to a new cell, for goodness sake man.

Yes but the immune cells can immediately recognise the spike protein on the surface of the coronavirus. It does not have to wait for the virus to replicate.
Not all the spike proteins are the same in the viral swarm. How do you think it's 'escaping; the vaccine sometimes?

It is the danger of just focusing on one protein and not the entire body. They've made a vaccine that recognises the majority shape of the spike.

Escape = replication.

It is the danger of just focusing on one protein and not the entire body.
That's different to what you were claiming earlier, which is that the location of the immune cell attacking the virus was different for the two vaccines.

yo cozy and to dare, stfu already
Was just educating cozy on some immunology, but your wish is my command 👀

Tbh not much is going on tonight on the Spurs Covid front. We have many positive lateral flow tests, and these are awaiting confirmation from PCR- we'll find out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom