Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They had two first team and two kids who were part of extended first team.
Cheers - just one game was it (I know I could google this but I'm already trying to do two and a half things at once)?

So two first-teamers and two kids vs (at least) four nailed-on first teamers and a regular sub (the sixth being the injured Romero). I can't see how our game(s) can possibly go ahead given the rather weak-looking City precedent.

Our game will be postponed if we ask for it - no 2 ways about it

Cheers, I thought there were more, I'd completely forgotten our game with Fulham.

As you say, I don't see how there can even be any discussion about it.

The amount of rubbish concerning the vaccine is staggering.

Give a thousand people a bowl of peanuts and the chances are that some will have mild, or if they're unlucky, severe allergic reaction.

Just get fully vaccinated unless advised by a medic. Ignore the Neanderthals on social media.
I am seriously allergic to peanuts. They if eaten will kill me. I do not believe their ubiquity is a conspiracy by the reverse vampires the Rand corporation Joe Biden Elon Musk and KP. I find the utter scientific illiteracy deeply tiresome .

I am seriously allergic to peanuts. They if eaten will kill me. I do not believe their ubiquity is a conspiracy by the reverse vampires the Rand corporation Joe Biden Elon Musk and KP. I find the utter scientific illiteracy deeply tiresome .
I don't think we can completely rule out the Rothschilds though

images

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this back to how this outbreak affects us, can someone fill me in on precedents for getting matches postponed due to C19?

A lot are mentioning City having a game postponed for having four first team players out, was it just one match? Were they genuine first-teamers? Was that the only example? For some reason I have a vague memory of Newcastle often having a match called off...

I'd like a little background before I start shaking an angry fist at the League when they tell us to suck it up and play our matches
They named Jesus and Walker at the time...but didn't name the other 2 meaning they probably wernt 'important' players.

Bah, beat me to it.

Where are you getting that from? Mason Holgate had one changed to a red against us a few weeks ago, it's happened shit loads of times.
Not after the game was over pre-VAR. They changed the rules to punish Jamie Redknapp and then following summer changed them back so they could not be upgraded.

It's a combination of really poor science literacy and social media. The sheer amount of disinformation is staggering and it's even worse when it is in an echo chamber of someone's social media feed.

It's unrealistic that we expect the average person to be really well versed in all forms of science, but some of the claims out there about vaccines or this virus should be able to be easily brushed off by most people if they had even the most basic understanding. This is really a failing of educational systems first and foremost. There is a lot of education going on in schools with almost nothing available when it comes to critical thinking.

I read a peice by Neil Degrasse Tyson a while ago where he said the same thing.
He said we shouldn't tell children this is this and that is that, we should teach them how we know and how they too can confirm it.
We live in a world where a growing number of people actually believe the world is flat, mainly because they're not educated in HOW we know the world is a globe. They think it looks flat, so it must be flat. They don't do any work to prove it, they just make unfounded excuses as to why. Mainly because they weren't educated on the history of how it was found to be a sphere and what has been done since to prove it.
Same logic on virus's and vaccines. They have a very basic knowledge of their existence as a kid and when they grow up and look for answers, they're met with Internet bullshit.

I read a peice by Neil Degrasse Tyson a while ago where he said the same thing.
He said we shouldn't tell children this is this and that is that, we should teach them how we know and how they too can confirm it.
We live in a world where a growing number of people actually believe the world is flat, mainly because they're not educated in HOW we know the world is a globe. They think it looks flat, so it must be flat. They don't do any work to prove it, they just make unfounded excuses as to why. Mainly because they weren't educated on the history of how it was found to be a sphere and what has been done since to prove it.
Same logic on virus's and vaccines. They have a very basic knowledge of their existence as a kid and when they grow up and look for answers, they're met with Internet bullshit.
Watched the Qanon doc last night... My god it's frightening the amount of ignorant 'experts' there are out there!

The 'theory' about Michelle Obama "being a bloke" (Michael Obama I assume?) because she's never been photographed pregnant and they were only kidnapping babies for Barack Obama to eat was one I'd not heard before... Da fuq?

These people are Fucking hilarious and terryfing at the same time!

...anyway, what was this thread about again...?
👽🌍🦠🧟🧙 💉🙈🙉🙊🗿🎪

Back
Top Bottom