Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

but imagine we agree to loan X player with option to buy at 20M, and after a season they say to you "I want to buy X, but I'll give you 10M"
how that can be considered "fair"?
maybe I wouldn’t have loaned him to you if I knew you wanted to buy him for 10M

Mate, that's not the situ we're in so it's irrelevant.

"Fair"...... In your scenario the selling club can simply say no. Fair has nothing to do with it.

Mate, that's not the situ we're in so it's irrelevant.

"Fair"...... In your scenario the selling club can simply say no. Fair has nothing to do with it.
yes but forever. they won't negotiate anymore with a club that acts this way.

then if levy is able to buy him for 15-20M I'll give him all the praise, for sure

then if levy is able to buy him for 15-20M I'll give him all the praise, for sure

I have no idea what your over-riding point is.

It's very simple... A clause was negotiated 18 months ago. The terms of the clause weren't met so we renegotiate.

Last edited:
but imagine we agree to loan X player with option to buy at 20M, and after a season they say to you "I want to buy X, but I'll give you 10M"
When we loan this hyptothetical player X to this club, we should know that they could choose to not buy him at all, since its an option, take up the option for 20m or renegotiate because he wasnt as good as they hoped he would be. So it would be fair, because we know what we signed up for.

Sorry, I have to say you are uneducated on how negotiating works.

Though, us trying to negotiate the buy option down could backfire if juve call our bluff and decide his value is greater than 35m and sell him to another team. I’m not sure when this buy option expires but I assume it’s sooner than the end of the summer window.

Sorry, I have to say you are uneducated on how negotiating works.

Though, us trying to negotiate the buy option down could backfire if juve call our bluff and decide his value is greater than 35m and sell him to another team. I’m not sure when this buy option expires but I assume it’s sooner than the end of the summer window.
but also if they sell him to another team for 20M, just to not sell him to us

Total bullshit.
The team was disfunctional pile of crap already before the WC. This "elite coach" was engeneering his exit for months, we had no player able to progress the ball.

This is not reasonable situation upon which to assess a player like Kulusevski.

And if it were, there would be just ONE player (Kane) that would be left within the first team. Maybe two, as Bentancur missed long time as a result of injury. But if post-WC form is used, literally no one else should have chance of staying in the squad.

Your call, if that is reasonable and realistic or just waaaaaaaayyyy over the fucking top approach.
Is 100% the right answer.

I think if he continues to struggle like he did last season we’d struggle to offload for that but a mid sized team would still take a risk at around 25.

Low risk.
Are you saying we get him for 25

The argument there raums is that it would be his second bombing…why do you feel we’d get our money back

Again if you’re moving down from spurs you’re going to a club that won’t pay the wage so an expectation might be a hit to the asking price to facilitate making a deal

I know I’m preaching to you what you already know

I think my salient point is …. He bombs again and the takers won’t be the ones with sufficient money to get close to break even

I’ll try a figure. If he doesn’t succeed with us he’s a 15m player on disproportionately high wages

It is becoming clearer and clearer the importance for top sides to not make too many mistakes because being top of the food chain gives nil room to manoeuvre when it goes sour

Last edited:
Well of course you would because you know the other option they have is to give him back

And you’re probably inflating your asking price because if he has an absolute blinder you’re locked in at 20 ….. so you prob angle for 20 knowing really 15 is best you expect

That’s the negotiation and both sides know each is covering each owns interest so a proper negotiation is actually the expected outcome

but also if they sell him to another team for 20M, just to not sell him to us
Spite probably wouldn’t influence a matter of 20 millions of quid. If you get the offer of 20m from someone else you bounce it back to spurs and say we now start at 20 going up.

Spurs then rue the missed op on the option and enter a bidding war or think no that’s not fair value

Any how the buzzers about to go so don’t forget your pencil case

This thread will be embarrassing for one group of people or the other.

Kulu can just very very clearly play football. He's also about fucking perfect for an attacking coach like Postecoglou.

Receipts will be kept.
There will be ups and downs. Right now the people who think he is good look silly. If we end up getting him, then hopefully he makes the other side look silly.

There will be ups and downs. Right now the people who think he is good look silly. If we end up getting him, then hopefully he makes the other side look silly.

I don't see that either end of the spectrum look silly.... There's simply a question mark pending due to some poor form and a judgement call to be made by the new gaffa.

I don't see that either end of the spectrum look silly.... There's simply a question mark pending due to some poor form and a judgement call to be made by the new gaffa.
Other guy thought if Kulu starts playing well that means the people who dont rate him now would be embarassed. This was just a response to say since he rates him now and Kulu has been rubbish , he should be embarassed. Wasnt really that deep.

Lets hope it works out though. Its a very 50/50 sort of transfer. Could go either way.

Other guy thought if Kulu starts playing well that means the people who dont rate him now would be embarassed. This was just a response to say since he rates him now and Kulu has been rubbish , he should be embarassed. Wasnt really that deep.

Yeh... I saw.... The extreme ends of the general debate does seam to have prevailed over recent pages though.

Back
Top Bottom