Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah think so.

so, 22 goal involvements in 48 games, at 23, ... under a very defensively minded coach..

But he's apparently shit and slow.

Lol @ the 'defensively minded' coach bit as if the majority of that g/a didn't come during a short period in which we were scoring goals for fun and Son won the GB.

God awful all of last season.

He's slow & very slightly above average - hence market value of approx. 25m. That's where he's viewed by the football world.

So What Deal With It GIF by LookHUMAN

Lol @ the 'defensively minded' coach bit as if the majority of that g/a didn't come during a short period in which we were scoring goals for fun and Son won the GB.

God awful all of last season.

He's slow & very slightly above average - hence market value of approx. 25m. That's where he's viewed by the football world.

So What Deal With It GIF by LookHUMAN

1. Haven't we already paid 10-15 in loan fee and now negotiating for the final purchase price to be 25, si that would be 35 total? about 5m less than the 40m agreed to start.

2. We are negotiating that price because he's already our player and wants to stay. I get you'd like to think you are right but if he was advising his agent to find a buyer in the prem, I'd bet the price would be closer to 50m

Other than your price guess, you have almost zero idea how the football world views the player. Can you even define what the "Football World" is?

If you mean is price on the market, you have no point at all because it's not an open market for the player.

1. Haven't we already paid 10-15 in loan fee and now negotiating for the final purchase price to be 25, si that would be 35 total? about 5m less than the 40m agreed to start.

2. We are negotiating that price because he's already our player and wants to stay. I get you'd like to think you are right but if he was advising his agent to find a buyer in the prem, I'd bet the price would be closer to 50m

Other than your price guess, you have almost zero idea how the football world views the player. Can you even define what the "Football World" is?

If you mean is price on the market, you have no point at all because it's not an open market for the player.

You'd bet based on what lmao? Nobody is paying 50m for him. We're negotiating the price down to 25 (and forget the spiel that because we've paid a loan fee that counts in the price .. it was a loan fee). Juventus don't really want him either.

Yeah I do, by the fact his actual club don't want him, we're desperately haggling his price down to Dom Solanke levels, and no serious links to other clubs wanting to swoop in have been reported.

He's a player who has had as many, or more, bad seasons in his career as productive ones. Not some elite talent. He got benched by 3 successive coaches last season, including a non-defensive one in Mason. He's just not as good as you think he is.

You'd bet based on what lmao? Nobody is paying 50m for him. We're negotiating the price down to 25 (and forget the spiel that because we've paid a loan fee that counts in the price .. it was a loan fee). Juventus don't really want him either.

Yeah I do, by the fact his actual club don't want him, we're desperately haggling his price down to Dom Solanke levels, and no serious links to other clubs wanting to swoop in have been reported.

He's a player who has had as many, or more, bad seasons in his career as productive ones. Not some elite talent. He got benched by 3 successive coaches last season, including a non-defensive one in Mason. He's just not as good as you think he is.
That’s how loan to buy deals work.

The value agreed between us was 40m before he played a game in the Prem.

Now he has 22 goal involvement in 48 Prem games . Go find another 23 year that’s done that in the Prem and try to pay less than 50m,

Good luck.

I get that you’d like to feel you are right about this but you are objectively wrong mate.

That’s how loan to buy deals work.

Not when its an option and we're blatantly considering whether its even worth keeping him for anything over 20 odd.

Let's be honest, if the club was genuinely convinced we had a superstar and just needed to get a 30-35m deal done, we'd have it wrapped up already. We're not. Both his parent club and the club he's on loan at blatantly aren't entirely convinced by him .. but you and others are so sure.

For 20/25m fine, worth doing. Anything over that is overpaying. For once I'm of a similar mind to the club.

Not when its an option and we're blatantly considering whether its even worth keeping him for anything over 20 odd.

Let's be honest, if the club was genuinely convinced we had a superstar and just needed to get a 30-35m deal done, we'd have it wrapped up already. We're not. Both his parent club and the club he's on loan at blatantly aren't entirely convinced by him .. but you and others are so sure.

For 20/25m fine, worth doing. Anything over that is overpaying. For once I'm of a similar mind to the club.
The total deal will be 35m ish of which we’ve paid 10ish already.

Club are negotiating it down because they are in a strong position, it’s not an open market because he’s wants to stay and we didn’t get CL which was part of the original negotiations.

The club already used him for marketing the tour. They 100% plan on him being here

The total deal will be 35m ish of which we’ve paid 10ish already.

Club are negotiating it down because they are in a strong position, it’s not an open market because he’s wants to stay and we didn’t get CL which was part of the original negotiations.

The club already used him for marketing the tour. They 100% plan on him being here

Even 35m is a laughable price for a 'top tier' talent in this market. If Juventus rated him as highly as you do, they'd tell us to do one in negotiations and hope to stick him on the open market. There would be no negotiation.

They don't, and we don't. Because again, more bad seasons than good ones in his career. And very little consistent progress since Parma by all accounts.

I'm in favour of keeping him for a cut price fee, but I'm not sure how he fits into the high tempo style Ange expects of his players. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.
It's very convenient for selling clubs to have the world's wealthiest club to offer all players that they want sold but can't get the price they want for. I'm not sure they will bite. But in the case of Kulusevski it might be interesting for Newcastle. His friend from the national team, Isak will probably speak in favour. Still i think we will get him before the window closes.

Even 35m is a laughable price for a 'top tier' talent in this market. If Juventus rated him as highly as you do, they'd tell us to do one in negotiations and hope to stick him on the open market. There would be no negotiation.

They don't, and we don't. Because again, more bad seasons than good ones in his career. And very little consistent progress since Parma by all accounts.
They can’t tell us to do one because we have an option to buy.

The ball is fully in our court in this, especially as the player wants to stay,

You don’t rate the player, that’s cool. But you are still wrong in terms of understanding the situation…

Anyway, let’s meet here. If we don’t sign him, I hope we sign a better player and he doesn’t go to another Prem team

Don't accuse me of threatening you. Where was the threat?

🤡

If I had said that there would be consequences if you quoted me again, then THAT would've been a threat.

I did not.

Don't quote me again.
You've done it many a time, and to a vast majority of the people on the board with your childish petulant manner and your tone is always belligerent !

I'll quote who I want , i'll quote who i want!!!
Tongue Goat GIF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom