Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Let's" not and say we did! Same words spilled over and over about another player that was only 23 and now he's getting bombed outta Turkey.

Alli only has himself to blame. He lost focus, lost that fight he used to have when he played on the edge and his career nosedived. Kulusevski came back from injury into a pretty poor team and was clearly lacking confidence, something that's vital for just about every player in football. I'm far from his biggest fan but to write him off in a season where Son often looked like a Championship level player would be mental.

More awks for you if he plays well

Meh, will it be? I said at 25m he's worth a go. I don't not like Kulusevski, I'm just not seeing this mega talent you and others see. He's good technically but immobile and struggles when pressed. In space he makes good choices and he's got a good delivery on him.

Good luck to the lad. He was great at Parma, shit at Juve, great for a few months under Conte, then shit again for a season. He's had a very up & down career. IMO that's because he's a system player very reliant on external factors in order to impress.

Hence why we'll end up grabbing him for around 25m btw. Players at the level you lot go on about him being with this level of exposure at the top level categorically do not go for this amount. That's Dominic Solanke money.

Alli only has himself to blame. He lost focus, lost that fight he used to have when he played on the edge and his career nosedived. Kulusevski came back from injury into a pretty poor team and was clearly lacking confidence, something that's vital for just about every player in football. I'm far from his biggest fan but to write him off in a season where Son often looked like a Championship level player would be mental.
"But, but, but, but...that situation was different when apologists said the same thing"...and "Reasons"...and, lastly, "whatabout other players". Got it!

What qualities in/of Kulu's game makes you think he will have a 'bounce-back' season were we to complete his xfer?

IMO that's because he's a system player very reliant on external factors in order to impress.
Sad Doctor Who GIF
Oh, Deuterz! It's like I'm saying it myself!!!!

No need to make it personal...

And in your attack on my ability "to separate" you are imbuing yourself with said ability as if you can divine that this player's performance this season was solely down to "bad coaching". This player's performance is EXACTLY that which he displayed in his almost 2 seasons at Juve - and I watched him there...did you?. The only outlier in his last 3 seasons is his purple patch in the 3 months after his xfer/loan to us...and even then there was nothing mindblowing about that performance.

Whatabout "a lot of players"? Well, I don't care about "a lot of players" because we aren't considering wasting money on them...we are already wasting money on them. I care about this player and he's not good enough.

Again, no need to make it personal...

And would you like to share with us his qualities that make him "an exceptional talent"? In my mind Messi is an exceptional talent and performs no matter what he's up against.

And not changing your mind is not a virtue...I'd like to have my mind changed everyday...gets me closer to truth and, as has been said, a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Yeah, I'm going where the evidence leads me...'tis a fruitful place. Were Kulu to have shown any ability to get the best of other PL players this season, or stamp his presence on a game, or show some growth as a player then perhaps my opinion would have changed. But since he didn't and I like to allow the evidence to guide my opinion instead of forming it and disregarding intervening data my opinion hasn't been changed and is consistent with the data.

If you respond, please, enough with the ad hominem and just play the ball.
There wasn't much ad hominem really but you've the right to make a mountain out of a molehill if you like.

For me Kulu has sublime vision and excellent technique. He has great size and strength. He is a great passer of the ball, and excels in tight spaces, and when in a packed box. He has all the qualities to make a fantastic 10 imo, and is absolutely fine as a playmaking wide forward.

For me he lost spirit as much as form this past season, constantly being dropped for inferior performing players who run around like headless chickens (Son/Richy/others). He needs a coach who gives him a fair shot, and need not be subordinated to the bullshit Masons Mates hierarchy.

Conte fucking sucked and killed players spirits. Kulu was one who suffered most.

I'd write more but I need to go pick up my lil dime piece and take her home for dinner. Adios.

There wasn't much ad hominem really but you've the right to make a mountain out of a molehill if you like.
Either it was there or it wasn't...and if it was there in some measure then that's enough to satisfy the condition. No one's making a meal of anything...you've just opted to attack me instead of my position. Most folks suggest that it is done when a person's reasoning is weak. I wouldn't know.

For me Kulu has sublime vision and excellent technique.
Utilizing "sublime" and "excellent" is over-egging the pudding here. But even taking your point these are things that he cannot do under pressure which is why this season has been such a nightmare for him...he is only effective in space provided for him.

He has great size and strength.
???? He gets shoved off the ball with ease and has resorted to diving SINCE he's come here.

He is a great passer of the ball, and excels in tight spaces, and when in a packed box.
Were we watching the same player? The bolded are things that he absolutely does not do.

He has all the qualities to make a fantastic 10 imo,
I guess you'd have to define what you think those qualities are before I could comment. But I'd mention that 10s work in high rent areas and he wouldn't get much time to control and deliver...and he's had some issues releasing the ball in a timely fashion...especially when under pressure.

For me he lost spirit as much as form this past season, constantly being dropped for inferior performing players who run around like headless chickens (Son/Richy/others). He needs a coach who gives him a fair shot, and need not be subordinated to the bullshit Masons Mates hierarchy.
The kid was playing for a move to the PL instead of Juve's bench where he was seriously unwanted. If his mentals can be dashed under those conditions then do we really want another weak-minded player on our squad...another goldilocks player that performs when the conditions are right?

Dont get it. They blame Kulusevskis bad season all on Conte

But when he was world class Messi reincarnate for a dozen games the season prior it was in spite of Conte

Also for some reason not played for an out of position richie

I had no clue he was so proficient in so many different positions

In his chosen position, played throughout his career he’s reasonable

But maybe someone should tell him he’s quite obviously a brilliant 10 or 8

Back
Top Bottom