Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was poor yesterday but I think he has enough credit in the bank for us to cut him some slack , he is running on fumes at the minute so this rest should do him some good
Wow, your bank must have serious liquidity problems you keep extending credit to the un-creditworthy...better hope there's not a run on it.

So 4 or 5 games where you folks can point to him running around a bit and getting the odd shiny object makes up for a year-plus of shit? Man, your underwriters must be drunk.

Yeah Kulu deserves a pass more than any player in this squad.

Unfortunately he’s not a machine. All those miles he put on showed tonight. He looked both physically and mentally exhausted.

Here we go again with another toxic response which amounts to "Oh look, I've found a little morsel into which to sink my teeth in order to wage my internecine war...I'll conveniently ignore the thrust of this poster's argument because it is very sticky for unsupported counter narrative. And if I'm lucky folks will think this little petty point weakens his other very solid points".

Belabored? Just because a point is made counter to your position does not mean it is "belaboured". But to address your point directly, it's 40M because I said this before he was loaned too...on these very pages. So it's 40M for me and folks like Deuterz Deuterz who took in his time at Juve and saw exactly what we've seen and exactly what Juve folks said.

Then after 10M and 6 months of shiny objects + overall meh performances and an additional 12 months of absolute shit some folks strangely wanted to make this nonsense permanent for 30M more...and then behave like wretched little children to defend it...all while Spurs lose because of it.

But your quibble should have been about 30M wasted to make my point more precise (in your estimation)...that would have been a good faith take. Then I would have corrected you about the 40M or graciously said "fine, 30M if that's how you want to look at it...but at least look at it that way". But you wanted to be a cunt...because for some reason ignorant, petty, and cunty = super fan in some folks' minds.

Feel free to address the rest of my point(s).
£25.6 million or about the same as Bryan Gil. If you feel there were better players available for that price range in the summer, fair enough, but even had we been able to use the whole sum in Jan 22a, we couldn't get a deal for Luis Diaz done as we don't pay the wages . I wasn't sure about bringing Kulusevski back and don't think of him as an above average player. I also want ENIC out for more ambitious ownership. With that said, we couldn't have got the players who went for 40 plus this summer for £25.6 million.

£25.6 million
Yeah, I've talked 40M and then split it into 10 + 30M...it's clear I'm talking about Euro which is what most of this transaction was probably made in considering it was with a Serie A club AND what is used at the reliable source that is Transfermarkt. Don't really know why you felt the need to do this...

or about the same as Bryan Gil.
who cares? Neither should have been purchased and both are not good enough...which was evident at the time.

If you feel there were better players available for that price range in the summer, fair enough, but even had we been able to use the whole sum in Jan 22a, we couldn't get a deal for Luis Diaz done as we don't pay the wages . I
So your solution to this is to get a player that's clearly not good enough AND spend good money for that very privilege? Again, the January move isn't the truly shit move even though it was clear he wasn't a player that was going to be good enough. The truly shit move was ignoring all the evidence before us and ignoring that in order to make him permanent.

There are always better players than the players we get and they are transferred for less money every xfer window. We didn't scout Kulu...hell, our sorry ass club/recruitment honchos didn't/couldn't even scout the fucker when he played half a season for us.

I wasn't sure about bringing Kulusevski back and don't think of him as an above average player. I
A very sound perspective.

I also want ENIC out for more ambitious ownership.
I want them out for more competent leadership.

With that said, we couldn't have got the players who went for 40 plus this summer for £25.6 million.
we could have gotten better for in and around 30M Euro...all it takes is a look at transfermarkt. But in order to do this we need an accurate assessment on exactly Kulu's level...which is something the morons on this board won't let happen...which is the point of it all.

Unfortunately he’s not a machine. All those miles he put on showed tonight. He looked both physically and mentally exhausted.
As of his last game, had he not covered the most distance of any player in the team this season? Guy runs like crazy. He's definitely looked worn-down the past week or two, at least to me.

Let's face it though- a couple of our resident clowns wouldn't be satisfied unless players are chipping in a goal and an assist a week. Completely unrealistic expectations. And not very supportive of the team.

I'm still looking forward to double 10 madders/kulu.

As of his last game, had he not covered the most distance of any player in the team this season? Guy runs like crazy. He's definitely looked worn-down the past week or two, at least to me.

Let's face it though- a couple of our resident clowns wouldn't be satisfied unless players are chipping in a goal and an assist a week. Completely unrealistic expectations. And not very supportive of the team.

I'm still looking forward to double 10 madders/kulu.
Hell no.

Bentancur, Madders and and either Sarr/Bissouma is our best midfield.

Whilst Kulu has the work rate of a God, he is down the pecking order when it comes to midfielders.

As I have said before, many of Kulu's goal have covered up some real proper shit performances.

Hell no.

Whilst Kulu has the work rate of a God, he is down the pecking order when it comes to midfielders.

As I have said before, many of Kulu's goal have covered up some real proper shit performances.

Exactly the opposite.

Missed chances he's created and some bad luck in front of goal means his stats are masking how well he has played this season. Even then he's probably on a similar non pen goal tally as Saka.

2 bad games all season, it's just that his last game was one of them so the melts in this thread feel brave...for now. Don't usually hear much from them recently.

We should probably open a Darwin thread for Todd, even if he's a Liverpool player but that is his favourite genre of forward: Braindead but fast.

Hell no.

He created the highest amount of big chances in a single game from any of our players when he played in a 10 against Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom