Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Educated Guess.

You can waste your time doing the research if you like but you risk doing it all to find out I was right anyway.

Edit: I'll help you, he has 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 apps vs City. That is very tough to beat for anyone that has played City more than once.

View: https://x.com/Squawka/status/1731384357904871445

Probably. I just wondered if you'd actually sourced it or just made a claim due to a feeling.

You say this like what he does against City is what he's doing against other big sides. What is his record against Chelsea, United, Woolwich and Liverpool like? I don't remember any moments. I also thought he was one of our worst players on the pitch in the 1-0 FA cup loss to them.

Probably. I just wondered if you'd actually sourced it or just made a claim due to a feeling.

You say this like what he does against City is what he's doing against other big sides. What is his record against Chelsea, United, Woolwich and Liverpool like? I don't remember any moments. I also thought he was one of our worst players on the pitch in the 1-0 FA cup loss to them.

Was excellent against Liverpool, probably the best player on the pitch, before and after the red card.

cbf to dig up the other stats but he usually performs in the games against the big clubs like Liverpool and city.

Was excellent against Liverpool, probably the best player on the pitch, before and after the red card.

cbf to dig up the other stats but he usually performs in the games against the big clubs like Liverpool and city.

Game was too far back for me to remember but I did a brief trawl of post-match ratings:

RM: Dejan Kulusevski - 6/10 - Showed his strength to shrug away from Robertson and get crosses away.

Dejan Kulusevski

Embarked on some driving runs in the first half to get Spurs up the pitch but struggled with his quality in the final third. 6

Was the Standard and football.London, just the first two that came up. Matches what I do remember which was a pretty bog standard game. Maybe you just have to accept this is a player you rate and him doing the basics = great game for you.

Game was too far back for me to remember but I did a brief trawl of post-match ratings:

RM: Dejan Kulusevski - 6/10 - Showed his strength to shrug away from Robertson and get crosses away.

Dejan Kulusevski

Embarked on some driving runs in the first half to get Spurs up the pitch but struggled with his quality in the final third. 6

Was the Standard and football.London, just the first two that came up. Matches what I do remember which was a pretty bog standard game. Maybe you just have to accept this is a player you rate and him doing the basics = great game for you.

Nah.

He's the Pep kryptonite for a reason and will be very handy against the goons.

Off form so you will be in this thread. As soon as he finds form you'll be back in the Woolwich thread.

Nah.

He's the Pep kryptonite for a reason and will be very handy against the goons.

Off form so you will be in this thread. As soon as he finds form you'll be back in the Woolwich thread.

Erm okay. Again, I presented neutral post-match ratings which went against your 'best player on the pitch!!!' claim. You can't just say things that aren't true and expect them not to get challenged for fuck sake.

Off form? Mate he was useless all of last season and has 9 g/a all of this season. That's not form, its just a player not being as good as you think he is. If he was playing for any other club you'd be calling him useless, you think players with 3-4 times his productivity are overrated ffs.

Erm okay. Again, I presented neutral post-match ratings which went against your 'best player on the pitch!!!' claim. You can't just say things that aren't true and expect them not to get challenged for fuck sake.

Off form? Mate he was useless all of last season and has 9 g/a all of this season. That's not form, its just a player not being as good as you think he is. If he was playing for any other club you'd be calling him useless, you think players with 3-4 times his productivity are overrated ffs.

Players with more goals and assists can be overrated.

I think Kulusevski is slightly underrated because of the things he does outside of goals and assists.

tbh that is usually how it works.

Players with more goals and assists can be overrated.

I think Kulusevski is slightly underrated because of the things he does outside of goals and assists.

tbh that is usually how it works.

Wingers with very few goals and assists who lose the ball more than anybody else on the team whilst not attempting that many dribbles are generally not considered great footballers. Kulu offers work rate and a decent number of key passes while being a big strong lad for a wide player but I don't view that as enough for a team presumably with ambitions to compete for league titles.

Wingers with very few goals and assists who lose the ball more than anybody else on the team whilst not attempting that many dribbles are generally not considered great footballers. Kulu offers work rate and a decent number of key passes while being a big strong lad for a wide player but I don't view that as enough for a team presumably with ambitions to compete for league titles.

Had the most chances created and most yards covered in the prem for most of the season.

Has admittedly fallen off recently. If we sell him and replace him, I’m fine with it. I think there is an equal chance that the run of games we have suits him and he ends the season strong

He’s the player that loses the ball more per game than any other in our side.
Kulu loses possession about 14 times a game.

That's a lot...but less than Porro. Or Maddison (by a whisker).

What matters most anyway is that the 3 players who should lead our creative effort and be clean & clinical...well they're the ones giving it back to the opposition...about 60 times per game.

Considering our opponents don't need lots of possession to be a threat, giving them that much free ammo is simply asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom