Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have often been baffled why some posters call players slow when they are clearly either not slow or run at a good speed for their size.
I expect a smaller Lucas to be faster than Son but that doesn't make Son slow.
You may have given at least a partial explanation. Thanks.
No way is Kulusevski slow.
I don't get all this fast/slow shite.
Some of the best players ever, from Puskas, Greaves, Muller, Lineker, Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Pirlo; to name just a few; did not rely on speed (although some were no slouches).
Their greatest asset was vision, seeing the situation, and anticipating what was about to happen before everyone around them. Kane has this in spades

Good news that Kulusevski and Bentancur have both hit the ground running, both fit enough to play 90 minute matches - complete contrast to Ndombele who was rarely fit enough and similarly Lo Celso.

Back to normality.

Good news that Kulusevski and Bentancur have both hit the ground running, both fit enough to play 90 minute matches - complete contrast to Ndombele who was rarely fit enough and similarly Lo Celso.

Back to normality.
about as spursy as it gets. our two biggest transfer fees, both struggled to play 90 poxy minutes! what a joke

There are plenty.

Not sure what that has to do with me saying it was good that Kulusevski was able to contribute today.

Think some people are going over the top with him in the same way they did Gil at the beginning.

Kulusevski had a good game against City, and as you said, he contributed. But he was by no means flawless anat times you could see he was still coming to terms with not being given time on the ball here.

Let's see how he fairs against a rough and physical Bunley team this week, should he start.

Last edited:
Think some people are going over the top with him in the same way they did Gil at the beginning.

Kulusevski had a good game against City, and as you said, he contributed. But he was by no meals flawless anat times you could see he was still coming to terms with not being given time on the ball here.

Let's see how he fares against a rough and physical Burnley team this week, should he start.
Good points but I have just got a a good vibe about this kid.

Kulusevski had a good game against City, and as you said, he contributed. But he was by no meals flawless anat times you could see he was still coming to terms with not being given time on the ball here.

Let's see how he fairs against a rough and physical Bunley team this week, should he start.
Wet and windy Wednesday night at Turf Moor.

Back to normality.
People moan about the January window, but the fitness aspect is very noticeable.
Levy style last minute summer transfers always seem to arrive injured or out of shape.

Back to normality.
To be fair, Ndombele scored on his debut!!!
Let's give them the full benefit of our doubt first!

There's some right corkers in here...

Some right stinkers too!!

Last edited:
To be fair, Ndombele scored on his debut!!!
Let's give them the full benefit of our doubt first!

There's some right corkers in here...

Some right stinkers too!!

And Kulusevski equalling Lo Celso's PL goal tally over his two and a half year stint in Kulu's first start against possibly the best team in the world isn't impressive ?!

Tough audience !

But agreed its better to wait until end of this season or even into next season to be sure. But the omens look good

It's too soon in rush to judgement.The truth is Man City are a unique challenge. But oddly easy to prepare for you know that 95% of the game will be about playing without the ball and breaking up play in certain areas.

Wolves and Southampton are the teams we need to put away with alacrity and that we struggle with.

It's too soon in rush to judgement.The truth is Man City are a unique challenge. But oddly easy to prepare for you know that 95% of the game will be about playing without the ball and breaking up play in certain areas.

Wolves and Southampton are the teams we need to put away with alacrity and that we struggle with.
Totally agree.

Deki did well against Man City and everyone should be happy with his contribution. But it’s still very early days to understand how he will fit I to Conte’s plans in most games and how much he can contribute. We’ll have a better idea at the end of the season.

(The sorts of UPS were seeing in this thread will also lead to a big DOWN if he isn't decisive against Burnley and misplaces a few passes. We’ll start to see posts talking in strong terms about his deficiencies etc etc when really it will still be too soon to comment).

Southampton actually play better football than City much of the time, in my view, it’s just that City have way more talented players at their disposal. I’d argue Southampton were one if the best teams we have faced this season. Hopefully that means others will drop points to them as well.

But we do need to find a way to beat trams like this.

Back
Top Bottom