Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In terms of 'all around' play, I think he's going to give Kane a big push for the most versatile and best 'all around' player on our team.

Shooting, pinpoint passing/crossing, dribbling, good pace/quickness, high IQ, tricks, can hold up/link play. And to top it off, he's just got that intensity/desire/ferociousness. He does everything well and then some.

I'm not saying he's going to be as important than Son/Kane because of their ability to score 2-3 goals in any given game against any team, but Kulu might end up just being the most versatile and have better 'all around' game in any area of the pitch out of our attackers.

It's so great that Kane and Sonny can have a rare off day and we have cool hand Deki calmly guide the ball into the net like it were nothing.

Defenders will lose sleep over Kulu. In fact imagine drawing lots and thinking you got the easy job in not marking Kane and Son only to get our boy. Brilliant.

Everything doesn't revolve around Kane you know. Everyone trusts Kulu, and you are wrong to say that Kane doesn't pass to Lucas or Son.
Not saying it does, but it’s a mark of how a world class player trusts him…. He absolutely doesn’t give it to Lucas as readily as he does Kulu

Watching those clips, you can see how our players increasingly realise they have to be alive & aware when Deki has the ball. Because he has the skill and the footballing vision to create a bit of space and find them when nothing seems on.

This trust and awareness will only develop and grown. We know Emerson isn't the world's most gifted footballer, but he's strong and fit. He's repeatedly busting a gut to make a run when Deki has the ball, because he'll either play him in or by making the run create space for others.
Agree.

Everything about him from his gait, frame, and style, reminds me of De Bruyne, the way they dribble AND a thing which is more Conte driven as it involves Conte's planned attacking phases, the angles of the balls in which he's putting the ball into the box. Someone needs to do a side-by-side video showing how similar they are, it's uncanny.

I'll add, I think Emerson is more than OK. Anyone reading this will now go all in and assume I'm saying he's top draw, he's not but as a FB/WB he doesn't get dominated, we've NEVER seen this in any game he's played! His athleticism has enabled him to pin back perhaps better oppo than him too, this is GOOD to have! Just another scapegoat to hurl abuse at and yet again will be another example of a player making utter fools of their comments, every fucking year. He will improve too as I think Conte's attacking automations will help in this regard and similarly to your comments about others around Kuku understanding what he's capable of (so might go the extra yard to run behind because they know he has the skill to pull something off making not a waisted effort) the same applies to Emerson. Look at the OG yesterday, had PEH known that Emerson would have got to that and crossed it, he would have been celebrating a goal because he stopped his run.

I don't think Juventus were dumb for selling him. They couldn't fit him in, he seemed spent and out of confidence. It was a fair price, reflected in how many thought it was too much at the time.
Instead praise should be directed at Conte, the staff and players, and obviously Kulusevski himself.

The vision and effort from all the aforementioned is what brings Kulusevski to be what he is today.

I'm sure Juve are happy too, which is good for us, the relations between clubs on a board-level is important to be able to move around players, both in and out going.

Everything about him from his gait, frame, and style, reminds me of De Bruyne
I only had that thought myself last night watching MOTD. Got a little butterfly feeling in my stomach thinking he could be as good as KDB for us. He does things that most other players don't / can't.

Last edited:
I only had that thought myself last night wtching MOTD. Got a little butterfly feeling in my stomach thinking he could be as good as KDB for us. He does things that most other players don't / can't.
One of my fav things was in the 2nd half, he played the most delicious dinked pass over the legs of Southampton defenders in the box. Just this little thing demonstrates his cool in the attacking phases, let alone the vision and ability to execute it.

Agree.

Everything about him from his gait, frame, and style, reminds me of De Bruyne, the way they dribble AND a thing which is more Conte driven as it involves Conte's planned attacking phases, the angles of the balls in which he's putting the ball into the box. Someone needs to do a side-by-side video showing how similar they are, it's uncanny.

I'll add, I think Emerson is more than OK. Anyone reading this will now go all in and assume I'm saying he's top draw, he's not but as a FB/WB he doesn't get dominated, we've NEVER seen this in any game he's played! His athleticism has enabled him to pin back perhaps better oppo than him too, this is GOOD to have! Just another scapegoat to hurl abuse at and yet again will be another example of a player making utter fools of their comments, every fucking year. He will improve too as I think Conte's attacking automations will help in this regard and similarly to your comments about others around Kuku understanding what he's capable of (so might go the extra yard to run behind because they know he has the skill to pull something off making not a waisted effort) the same applies to Emerson. Look at the OG yesterday, had PEH known that Emerson would have got to that and crossed it, he would have been celebrating a goal because he stopped his run.
Great post, especially the Deki/De Bruyne comparison. I was thinking exactly that every time he picked the ball up.

Before the usuals start piling on though, I'm not saying he's De Bruyne level, just that, as you say, the gait, frame and style are extremely reminiscent of De Bruyne.

I am glad I am not just saying it, his style is so similar to De Bruyne it’s odd. If he can become just 70-80% the player he is then we have something special

Back
Top Bottom