Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty ridiculous that he's been called up so soon.

If the squad is picked on form like Hodgson likes us to believe then he should be there, along with Dier (we've only picked one holding mid who's in his mid 30's after all).

Two pointless games as we've already qualified and I doubt he'll play in either game but will be a good experience for him. I don't see the issue.

I am absolutely shocked that Alli has been called up, not because of his skill or how well he's been playing, but the kid is fucking 19, and he's started in what 5-6 premier league games? How is Alli in the squad and Dier isn't

To be honest it may be as much of an inclusion for his versatility as his skill. I agree with many on here that Dier has had a better campaign and 'deserves' it more - but does Roy want or need a CDM stopper that can play at CB? Or does he want a versatile offensive or box to box player that can fill in across the midfield?

I'd imagine it's more of a case of versatility on this selection. Just my thoughts.

He had another exciting game today but his pressing is really really poor. He's still only 19 years old and has never been part of a pressing team to the extent Poch wants his teams to press so he'll only get better, fitter and stronger as he gets older and more experienced.

He had another exciting game today but his pressing is really really poor. He's still only 19 years old and has never been part of a pressing team to the extent Poch wants his teams to press so he'll only get better, fitter and stronger as he gets older and more experienced.

Yeah he's been great on the ball but still has weak spots off the ball. Works just fine when paired with Dier.

Mixed feelings re call up. Great that his talent and potential have been recognised, but last thing we need is for him to be knackered, or even worse - injured, by playing for England.

Mixed feelings re call up. Great that his talent and potential have been recognised, but last thing we need is for him to be knackered, or even worse - injured, by playing for England.

I think its better that he's in the senior squad. Can't see him playing many minutes, if at all for the senior squad. Had he been picked for the u21's he's have probably started and had less rest.

Back
Top Bottom