Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think use the confidence he has obviously had from the England call-up, and unleash it on Swansea!
He's a young kid, bags of energy & confidence, why shouldn't we take advantage of that?

Imagine what Oduwa will be like when he comes 'home'... he'll be fucking buzzing so much, we won't be able to keep him off the pitch!

I am absolutely shocked that Alli has been called up, not because of his skill or how well he's been playing, but the kid is fucking 19, and he's started in what 5-6 premier league games? How is Alli in the squad and Dier isn't

Yeah but this is the same FA that took a 17 year old with no Premier league experience whatsoever, to a World Cup.

The thing to remember about Alli is that his competition is Fabian Delph, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Kevin Nolan and Dave from the chip shop.

England ain't exactly briming with midfield talent. You can understand why Hodgson is jumping on a kid, although the Dier situation makes little sense.

Dele Alli coming off the bench means Tottenham have now provided more England players than any other club (74).
I recognise that sentence, I wonder whose twitter page you got that from ;)

Brilliant stat for us as a club. The full list as it stands is:

Spurs - 74
Aston Villa - 73
Liverpool - 67
Everton - 66
Man Utd - 64
Woolwich - 63
Then a big drop to the next group of clubs.

When you look at that list, I don't see any reason why we can't stay at the top for some time. Dier will surely make that 75 before long, and Danny Rose should be on there soon too you'd imagine. Beyond those, Alex Pritchard, Nathan Oduwa and Harry Winks are looking like U20/21 regulars.

Even further down than that and we have another 11 players in the U16 - U19 England squads. Across all the England squads chosen for this week's internationals, we have more players than any other club.

Very promising signs.

Spurs - 74
Aston Villa - 73
Liverpool - 67
Everton - 66
Man Utd - 64
Woolwich - 63

When you look at that list, I don't see any reason why we can't stay at the top for some time. Dier will surely make that 75 before long, and Danny Rose should be on there soon too you'd imagine. Beyond those, Alex Pritchard, Nathan Oduwa and Harry Winks are looking like U20/21 regulars.

Even further down than that and we have another 11 players in the U16 - U19 England squads. Across all the England squads chosen for this week's internationals, we have more players than any other club.

Very promising signs.
But buuut what about West Ham?
200.gif

Spurs - 74
Aston Villa - 73
Liverpool - 67
Everton - 66
Man Utd - 64
Woolwich - 63

Very promising signs.

Weird stat when you consider that we haven't had that much sustained success and a lot of our best players, even going back to the 60's, haven't been English.

Back
Top Bottom