Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do think we give him a last chance this season to prove he can get his mojo back. He’s not going to play every match and only needs a few good performances to be worth no less in the summer as he is now. Still contracted till 2024, so we shouldn’t lose too much value in taking a punt.

Him coming back in a City or United shirt terrifies me.
It's a hard one for sure. It's a matter of his value versus the likelihood of him returning to form, and if he's going to make it into Jose's team. If we just look at how people are responding to the Lingard rumors, my guess is that Dele will be looked at the same way unless something changes soon.

If Jose has given up on him being a starter, it's best to sell now because him sitting on the bench is only going to make him decrease in value. If Jose hasn't given up on him, I agree to keep him around and hope that this kicks something loose in him.

You got to question where Dele fits in when all players are fit.

Strongest XI in my opinion

Lloris
Doherty
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Bale
Ndombele
Son
Kane

You then have

Hart
Gazzaniga
Dier
Tanganga
Davies
Winks
Sissoko
Gedson
Sessengon
Dele
Lucas
Bergwijn
Lamela
Potentially a new striker.

We haven't had depth like this since Martin Jol days, but I think Dele is going to have to settle for a place on the bench unless he starts showing my desire and consistency.

We can all only but dream of showing your desire and consistency Gatsby :freund:

I just want the win... you want control, just go and watch man city or any other boring squad... this is going to be a bumpy ride lad so put your seatbelt and cut ur shit... and Praise Mourinho as our saviour and liberator!!!
Gee, I wonder who this multi is. Just signed up yet jumping in with both feet. I bet I don't like you under your real profile either. Go choke on a dick. But in the meantime...

*poof* never to be heard from again.

He has to go, because it would be good for Dele himself and good for us. It’s a win win situation.

He needs to go somewhere where he could concentrate on his football and regain his form. He’s not going to do that here, he’ll be backing up Lo Celso and Ndombele.

Going abroad where he doesn’t have his posse around him would do him good.

Gee, I wonder who this multi is. Just signed up yet jumping in with both feet. I bet I don't like you under your real profile either. Go choke on a dick. But in the meantime...

*poof* never to be heard from again.

Maybe you're just a real hit with the lurkers, Todd? :freund:

There aren’t 60 games of EL qualifiers.
I said I don’t care how we win in the EL qualifiers.
That’s 2 games.
Yes, but the shit was the same in the PL games Sammy...and that's called a trend. It's kind of like when Dele was shit but scoring and you spent your days wank yourself silly at how WC he was. But then all the important goals dried up and you were left with just Dele and his useless flicks. Some of us realized the WC Dele was just a figment and the goals distracted from the 90 minute reality. But you didn't for 2-3 years and others didn't until about now. It's not just the result that matters my friend and they don't justify the shit football it took to get there. And it ain't just in the EL...and that's 4 games.

Yes, but the shit was the same in the PL games Sammy...and that's called a trend. It's kind of like when Dele was shit but scoring and you spent your days wank yourself silly at how WC he was. But then all the important goals dried up and you were left with just Dele and his useless flicks. Some of us realized the WC Dele was just a figment and the goals distracted from the 90 minute reality. But you didn't for 2-3 years and others didn't until about now. It's not just the result that matters my friend and they don't justify the shit football it took to get there. And it ain't just in the EL...and that's 4 games.
I dont care

Definitely stay and sort himself out.

I'd be interested at what the 50% ( :pochshock2: ) that say sell before his value plummets think his value actually is right now? Given his recent form, there won't be a fight from well heeled clubs to get to the front of the queue, add to that the recent economic dip, we're not likely to receive a huge fee.

The risk/reward of selling him to Chelsea (the only club spending big right now) for £35M is decidedly out of order. Imagine watching him go there, sort out his fitness, beat us in a cup final and then waltz off to Madrid in 3 years time for £100M+. Fuck that.

I rember Pochettino rumbling in his basso profundo "Dele is coming like you say winter is coming Dele is coming" It sounded like a proper threat. He came back and had a storming game against Chelsea or Madrid a big side. What happened to the lad. Can it really just be the birds and highlife? Has the loss of the father figure Poch was profoundly affected him? Don't know but make no mistake he was a footballer. Sad.

I dont care
Oh, but it seems you do. You spend a lot of time arguing the converse in order to call others out for 'melting' when what they are really doing is calling the shit, shit, before it becomes an amazingly obvious bit of shit...like Dele. All they are doing is recognizing it before you do. Can't fault them for that.

Put the weight behind the manager and not the player. If he has had the fight with mourinho at half-time then it is confirmation that he is Lingard 2.0..the club is bigger than any one player

Put the weight behind the manager and not the player. If he has had the fight with mourinho at half-time then it is confirmation that he is Lingard 2.0..the club is bigger than any one player

Park the fan fiction, fella. There was no fight.....

Definitely stay and sort himself out.

I'd be interested at what the 50% ( :pochshock2: ) that say sell before his value plummets think his value actually is right now? Given his recent form, there won't be a fight from well heeled clubs to get to the front of the queue, add to that the recent economic dip, we're not likely to receive a huge fee.

The risk/reward of selling him to Chelsea (the only club spending big right now) for £35M is decidedly out of order. Imagine watching him go there, sort out his fitness, beat us in a cup final and then waltz off to Madrid in 3 years time for £100M+. Fuck that.
Fwiw ITK (from Ghostofarmo, formerly known as Scout] suggests we're asking for £70m. That would probably get negotiated down, in a deal nearer £50m plus lots of sell-on & performance clauses.

I still think the likeliest outcome is some sort of deal with PSG, which involves their waiving some of their (apparently significant) sell-on clause for Celtic's Odsonne Edouard.

We've been linked with Edouard as one of our top striker targets all window, but the problem has allegedly been PSG's sell-on clause.

If PSG seriously want Dele, and Mourinho genuinely wants a footballing CF like Edouard as our squad option striker, I'm sure Levy will be looking to do some sort of dodgy deal. After all, that's precisely what we did with GLC's sell-on clause, where we effectively gave Betis a bigger cut through the loan payments and screwed PSG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom