Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, but it seems you do. You spend a lot of time arguing the converse in order to call others out for 'melting' when what they are really doing is calling the shit, shit, before it becomes an amazingly obvious bit of shit...like Dele. All they are doing is recognizing it before you do. Can't fault them for that.
I don’t care how win the EL qualifiers
Not sure how this is confusing you

So in which comps do you care how we win? Asking for a friend.
I’d like to see us play well in the EL groups, the PL, the Carabou and the FA Cup.
I don’t care how we win the EL qualifiers, just that we do.

Is this still beyond your brain capacity, because the next ten times you ask, you will get the same reply.

Poor close control, constantly getting dispossessed, zero composure on the ball, slows down attacks, very frustrating player.

Not Mourinho fan but if he convinces Levy to flog him, my respect for him will increase by 10 fold.

The english media hyped him and he fell for it. He has never been and will never be a top player.

Painful rebuild. Painful rebuild. Painful Rebuild....

This is part of it, and sometimes you have to give to get.

I don't think Dele Alli is rubbish, lazy, lost it, has a terrible attitude etc. etc. He's given us plenty of great moments (some psychologically huge) over the last 5 years.

Poch had him as the maverick in his system, yes he was a CM in the MK dons days but his best at Spurs, at the top level he's always been best as a "moments" player, ghosting in to finish or playing a clever flick. He wasn't required to be efficient, because the heavy press and ball retention of the side meant he'd always have plenty of opportunities and he'd be productive through sheer volume.

The Hamstring injuries in 2018 seemed to have a bigger knock-on effect than most realise, since then he seems very hesitant about everything.

The direction of the squad is geared of a 4-3-3 or countering 3-4-3 which requires quick transitions. Not his game.

Maybe he could re-invent himself in a similar way to Thomas Muller after his career seemed to stall under Ancelotti from 16-18.

But for both club and player I think a separation is needed. Dele could go on and rediscover the form that will make us go on occasion, "we should never have let him go!", but that's the risk of the business.

If he does leave I'll be sad, but I'll understand why.

Fwiw ITK (from Ghostofarmo, formerly known as Scout] suggests we're asking for £70m. That would probably get negotiated down, in a deal nearer £50m plus lots of sell-on & performance clauses.

I still think the likeliest outcome is some sort of deal with PSG, which involves their waiving some of their (apparently significant) sell-on clause for Celtic's Odsonne Edouard.

We've been linked with Edouard as one of our top striker targets all window, but the problem has allegedly been PSG's sell-on clause.

If PSG seriously want Dele, and Mourinho genuinely wants a footballing CF like Edouard as our squad option striker, I'm sure Levy will be looking to do some sort of dodgy deal. After all, that's precisely what we did with GLC's sell-on clause, where we effectively gave Betis a bigger cut through the loan payments and screwed PSG.
You lost all credibility at "ITK", mate. Its all fucking bollocks.

Nobody is talking about Dele Alli, so I´ll start.

- He basically interrupted our best way to hurt teams in the final period of last season - counter attacking football.

- Lo Celso is a much more dynamic number 10, he organizes the team from behind (in relation to Alli), which allows Sonny and Kane to play closer to each other up front - Alli likes to play between them, as a second striker on the left.

- Also, unlike Lo Celso, Alli doesn´t press very well. We were soft to disrupt their build up play.

- He is not sharp enough (especially, as I said, for a counter attacking side) and I don´t think he is a very intelligent player overall.

- If I´m right, he won´t be starting another Premier League match anytime soon.
Posted after Everton's match. I think it aged well, especially in the end.

Poch turned Dele into a fantastic player for Spurs.
A cheap punt that he polished into a diamond.
You cash in on talent like that at your peril.
It's up to the current manager to earn his money and get his career back on track

Poch turned Dele into a fantastic player for Spurs.
A cheap punt that he polished into a diamond.
You cash in on talent like that at your peril.
It's up to the current manager to earn his money and get his career back on track

- Putting it mildly; Dele was a v.solid prospect....
(eg) He'd already shone with MK against Utd. and Liverpool were also in for him.
- We just bagged him for a good price.
- Isn't Poch as much responsible for him losing his shine and he was for polishing him?

Jose didn't turn him shit...

For those who are behind the idea of selling, is it because of where he is rumoured to be going? What if we sell him to Man City or Liverpool? After all, PSG are one of the strongest teams in Europe and if they want him, surely there’s still a -layer there. Certainly enough of a player that we don’t want him coming back to haunt us.
He now plays like a 34 year old that's played 700 games, he looks slow, his tricks never come off and he doesn't seem to to be able to nail down what position he bloody plays in. I'm sure he can still have some/lots of success but I won't lament losing him if he does happen to come good down the line, he just doesn't fit in this team currently I'm afraid

I feel bad for Dele to be honest, based on what I saw in the Amazon documentary you can clearly see he has some issues.

I don't want to speculate upon what they are but what I will say is this, when a kid with his talent goes from a league 1 player to essentially a household name overnight it's very difficult for an immature mind to deal with that kind of fame.

I feel like Dele still hasn't really grown up and that's the issue, the tantrums he has, the way he behaves off the pitch with his boohoo modelling and the rumours of him chasing girls and all the rest, it feels like he has really lost his way and unfortunately it's quite common when, like I said, someone goes from being unknown to being a superstar in such a short space of time at a young age.

Do I think he can turn it around? Sadly, I have to say no, not while he's at Spurs, it's all too comfortable for him here and that's the issue, too many distractions off the pitch and probably surrounded by bad people in his circle as well which don't help matters.

I think he either needs a loan away from the PL to get his head right and get him focused on football again, might allow him to grow up a bit and he will come back more mature.

Or we just let him go and he can never live up to his full potential and sadly fade away like many talented players do that have been distracted by the glamour and lifestyle that football gives them.

It's up to Dele really but I suspect at the root of all of this there are deep seated issues behind his immaturity that probably need looking at.

- Putting it mildly; Dele was a v.solid prospect....
(eg) He'd already shone with MK against Utd. and Liverpool were also in for him.
- We just bagged him for a good price.
- Isn't Poch as much responsible for him losing his shine and he was for polishing him?

Jose didn't turn him shit...
I never said Jose turned him to shit.
But there's a player there. A matchwinner as he's shown on many occassions.
I'd rather see Jose coach him back to where he was than cash in.
In short, I'd prefer to Dele scoring and sparkling for Spurs. Not PSG or anyone else.

I never said Jose turned him to shit.
But there's a player there. A matchwinner as he's shown on many occassions.
I'd rather see Jose coach him back to where he was than cash in.
In short, I'd prefer to Dele scoring and sparkling for Spurs. Not PSG or anyone else.

Fair enough; your post came across like a Poch puff piece that's all.

What do you think is behind Dele's funk?

I think it's fair to say he's at a crossroads, but I don't think we'd currently get much by selling him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom