Dele

thinktank

Listen to thinky
We need someone that can jump in immediately and contribute. The process of selling Dele and bringing in someone else is going to take weeks/months. Dele's been slumping but with Son out, it could be an opportunity for him to see a resurgence.
Dele's finsihed here and needs to be sold - immediately.

I pray to the football gods it's already in process.

All of you Dele stans are besotted with the image of Dele... substance be damned.

I refuse to accept his mediocrity, anymore.

You all delude yourselves if you want.

At this moment the team plays much better without him. Not much else to say.

Selecting Gedson ahead of him was brutal but so be it, Mou has to get tough. The team is evolving without him and it’s starting to look like Dele was actually holding us back. Kane is doing more damage in that number 10 role than Dele has for the last 2 years.

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese
At this moment the team plays much better without him. Not much else to say.

Selecting Gedson ahead of him was brutal but so be it, Mou has to get tough. The team is evolving without him and it’s starting to look like Dele was actually holding us back. Kane is doing more damage in that number 10 role than Dele has for the last 2 years.

I don't think it was.....

If you were making a like for like sub for Sissoko; who would you naturally put on?

Dele or Gedson?

I don't think it was.....

If you were making a like for like sub for Sissoko; who would you naturally put on?

Dele or Gedson?
Gedson wasn't picked instead of Dele, the '19th man' isn't usually a high profile player. It's pretty much always a young player who won't feature. Sessegnon did it a lot last year, as well as Skipp and Parrott. Dele was never going to be called up that late, I'm sure if Sissoko came down with illness during the week rather than before KO Dele would have made the bench.

Airfixx

Gedson wasn't picked instead of Dele, the '19th man' isn't usually a high profile player. It's pretty much always a young player who won't feature. Sessegnon did it a lot last year, as well as Skipp and Parrott. Dele was never going to be called up that late, I'm sure if Sissoko came down with illness during the week rather than before KO Dele would have made the bench.

You're over thinking it.... Much like Gedson, Dele would still have been training.

Don't even know what you mean by '19th man'.... You build a bench to give you options.

Sissoko is X kind of player..... Gedson was the obvious alternative.

Airfixx

You're over thinking it.... Much like Gedson, Dele would still have been training.

Don't even know what you mean by '19th man'.... You build a bench to give you options.

Sissoko is X kind of player..... Gedson was the obvious alternative.
When you have a squad, there is always an extra player listed in case of an emergency late injury. Especially for away trips, we'll take an extra player for that scenario. I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure it is the same for a home game you'd have a player who comes to the game as if he's playing but normally ends up sitting behind the bench.

not sure where Dele fits into our team play under Jose
think he needs to play as second striker (but who knows)
he's not played well for 2 years (had odd games, but not enough)
wonder if its just that he does not work hard enough in training since he got the taste of a woman

mike_l

A&C's a cunt, Hercules wanks off cats...
not sure where Dele fits into our team play under Jose
think he needs to play as second striker (but who knows)
he's not played well for 2 years (had odd games, but not enough)
wonder if its just that he does not work hard enough in training since he got the taste of a woman
I doubt his good form in years passed was down to an intact virginity...

Has anyone considered if Dele simply is Covid-positive ? Many clubs have been reluctant to publish names when someone tests positive - privacy considerations etc.
Nah, doesn't make sense to me - he was already dropped from the matchday squad then started on Thursday after the speculation had already started. Then dropped again at the weekend (implying he hadn't tested postive then negative for covid).

Additionally, I'd wager he would rather have it be known the reason for an absence was coronavirus rather than having all this media heat unnecessarily.

I think he's legitimately being made surplus to requirements.

Tomo

Supporter
But sad really he has great talent but has sort of lost his way, I don’t think he fits the Mourinho profile and a new challenge could suit him. If he goes I wish him luck, like Foyth I would expect a sell on clause from Levy.

AcrossThePond

Tottenham till I die
Unfortunate because he was one of my favorite players, but the ball just stops moving when he gets it, particularly on the break. He just kills attacking chances, and that's probably not the best trait for an attacking mid.

Top Bottom