Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd hope it would be a move for his sake but this is pretty standard Mourinho management, just picking fights, humilating players. Alli has been average to poor over the last 2 seasons but he offers more than Lucas, Lamela and others in terms of chances created and goals scored. If this isnt for a move its diferent level pettiness and cutting off our nose to spite our face .

I think it's more than just his poor form. I think Mourinho doesn't think his personality is the kind that belongs in his dressing room, he is too immature. Someone in bad form has no excuse to be a lazy trainer, especially when the captain of England is out there with him setting the standard. Messi can be lazy, not Dele.

With Bale replacing him there really isn't a need for him. Unlike Dele, Bale can play across the front and is vastly more mature, plus he is simply a more talented player. There is no real need to keep him, we had a strong matchday squad on Sunday with him left out and that was with Bale injured.

I think it's more than just his poor form. I think Mourinho doesn't think his personality is the kind that belongs in his dressing room, he is too immature. Someone in bad form has no excuse to be a lazy trainer, especially when the captain of England is out there with him setting the standard. Messi can be lazy, not Dele.

With Bale replacing him there really isn't a need for him. Unlike Dele, Bale can play across the front and is vastly more mature, plus he is simply a more talented player. There is no real need to keep him, we had a strong matchday squad on Sunday with him left out and that was with Bale injured.
Bale isnt fit, we need players now. Unless there is an imminent move its just a terrible decision.

I think if anything Dele looks low on or even devoid of confidence recently.
The situation needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t start against Chelsea tonight.

Maybe. Bit of a coincidence though as this situation has been brewing for a while. If he has covid, is injured or leaving in the next day or 2 then fair enough. If not i maintain its childish and petty. We need all players at the moment.
Surely though if Jose has said he won't risk playing any first teamers tonight and then selects Dele this is worse than a slap in the face as he is basically saying Dele isn't a first teamer any more? Like i said before he is either being Loaned \ Sold or has Covid IMO anyway

Dele has had five seasons at the club. The first two he was excellent, the third was a drop off while the last two have been poor. Whether it’s his attitude, opposing players have sussed him out or he’s not being utilised the way he initially was is open to debate. I think it’s come to the point where he needs a change of club though. It’s sad because he’s a fan favourite and when he’s on it he’s one of our best players. If selling him means we can get in Skriniar and a decent back-up striker though that would represent good business for me

Surely though if Jose has said he won't risk playing any first teamers tonight and then selects Dele this is worse than a slap in the face as he is basically saying Dele isn't a first teamer any more? Like i said before he is either being Loaned \ Sold or has Covid IMO anyway
Some first team players will have to play. I'd imagine lining up against Chelsea and trying to play youself back into form is less of a slap in the face than not being in the squad for the 3rd time in 4 games.

It’s also the case that he does have some value as well. There will be takers who‘d gamble on him regaining his form. We could sell him and actually get a decent return.

Define immaturity? Not defending Dele here but Son, Aurier and from what I’ve seen of Reguilon all look like very boisterous characters who enjoy a prank or 3.

On the flipside, Danny Rose has come across as the most serious player over the past cycle and he’s been excluded.

Back
Top Bottom