Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this is confirmed then it certainly isn't Jose trying to show the lad the error of his ways and getting him to pull his socks up. A deal of some sort is simmering in the pot and PSG have been the club constantly touted as showing real interest. This should definitely break over the next few days otherwise Mourinho knows he's going to face a barrage of unwanted questions about the subject from the sports media.
Not playing him tonight and announcing a move tomorrow shuts everybody up and closes the matter.

Is anyone even going to buy Alli? Who even wants him? Aside from the PSG loan, there haven't been any rumours.

Are we really going to rely on United or Woolwich to come get him?

Dele has had five seasons at the club. The first two he was excellent, the third was a drop off while the last two have been poor. Whether it’s his attitude, opposing players have sussed him out or he’s not being utilised the way he initially was is open to debate. I think it’s come to the point where he needs a change of club though. It’s sad because he’s a fan favourite and when he’s on it he’s one of our best players. If selling him means we can get in Skriniar and a decent back-up striker though that would represent good business for me
He’s been on decline for a couple of years earning fantastic wages and has been marginalized due to hungrier talent. We know how this will go. No Poch to coddle him

The basic effort and desire to do your best on a football pitch should be there. That's on him. He just cant be bothered and i cant see many takers when he has this over inflated ego. Change of scene makes no difference. I can take someone being crap. But not someone who can't be bothered.

This is bollocks. Who's gonna play in the 10 role now? Or even the 9 for that matter?! Parrot would have been perfect for tonight. Poor decision to send him on loan if we don't get any cunt in by next week.

Define immaturity? Not defending Dele here but Son, Aurier and from what I’ve seen of Reguilon all look like very boisterous characters who enjoy a prank or 3.

On the flipside, Danny Rose has come across as the most serious player over the past cycle and he’s been excluded.

I think the difference is, Son and Aurier train well, Dele doesn't. Jose even made that clear.

Dele is the type of player who plays to the level of the team he's in. I think he could go to PSG and do quite well...because they've got great players and easy opposition. At the same time I don't think he would be out of place at Newcastle. His quality depends entirely on the quality around him.

Define immaturity? Not defending Dele here but Son, Aurier and from what I’ve seen of Reguilon all look like very boisterous characters who enjoy a prank or 3.

On the flipside, Danny Rose has come across as the most serious player over the past cycle and he’s been excluded.

I think what Dele and Rose could have in common is a delusion of grandeur.

Son has that militant Korean upbringing and is obviously a work horse in training and games, Reggie seems a bundle of energy and for all the questions over Aurier's mentality he seems like a good character who stepped up last season.

Meanwhile Rose still thinks its 2015 and Dele hasn't been good for nigh on 3 years and still struts around like he should be first name on the team sheet. The way he reacts in games to misplaced passes from teammates (despite the fact that he loses the ball more than most).

His comments on the documentary about his form. Always deflecting it as just people commenting on social media and accepting ups and downs rather than being honest and saying I know I haven't performed for a long time, I'm gonna work hard to get back to those levels.

The truth is that he is a system player and he is no longer catered to in our system.

We don't play with a second striker/ a true 10 anymore and Lo Celso and Ndombele are ahead of him in that role. Bale will be too.

Good time to cash in imo.

Send the lad on loan to a good European side without many English speakers, leaving him in a position where working on his game is all he has - with a desire to come back ready to play for us.
Somewhere the facilities, stadium, infrastructure is of a lower quality than ours. Let him see the other side of the fence for himself, but in a manipulative way where he will want to come back and play for Spurs like he did previously.

He seems burnt out at Spurs now. He's not the type of character of say Scholes or Lampard, which are the names he had been compared with looking at his stats in the past.

Who knows what system we will play next season, or under what manager.
Could understand selling him for a fortune, though believe a loan move could be exactly what he needs right now for a new sense of perspective as he enters what ought to be the best years of his career.
As far as I can tell he's a bit of a twat personality wise with a lot of growing up left to do. We wont see the best of him again if he just carries on doing what he's doing for several more years. At his current rate, we will get a similarly small amount for him as we did for Eriksen - 2 players who had previously been valued at significantly higher figures.

Amazing ability that created some amazing memories for me. Have always felt like he is a player that would move on after a few years. He probably has ambitions of playing for Chelsea at some point, which will require a move abroad before he could get there. A move now is probably well advised for all parties concerned - I just hope it's a loan and we get a more mature, cultured Dele back for next season.

What I don't understand is that for Jose's first 8 games or so he was probably our best performer, contributed a few goals and had a bit of swagger back. I thought Jose would give him kick up the backside that he needed. Not sure what has happened.
The only thing that I would like to see is how he reacts to getting the more public treatment now (like Ndombele did for the back end of last season). It took Ndombele a good few months to seemingly sort himself out.
I still believe there is a really good player in Dele who has lost his way for whatever reason and still believe Jose can get the best out of him again but it may take longer as it did with Tanguy.

I hope whatever happens that Alli doea not look back in 10 years time and think my best football years were 14/15 years ago.

He would not be the first but maybe the first we have had in many years who looked like they had the football world at their feet and then threw it away.

If the guy has to leave I just hope we get good money for him but that he relights his fire.

The bloke looked to all intents and purposes nearly on a par with Lampard 3 years ago and destined for even better things.

Can’t say I’m to heartbroken if Ali goes. Was a fabulous player in his early days with us when he burst onto the scene, but he simply hasn’t been good enough for 2 seasons now. We have carried this guy and he’s just a passenger. Maybe he will reignite his career abroad ? Who knows. But his performances are well below standard and clearly he doesn’t train well either. Let’s get as much as we can and then rebuild ffs levy. Get in a striker and a centre back you tight bald cunt!!!

Back
Top Bottom