Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off topic but I love people slagging off Rodon. Hasn't kicked a ball or even had a chance to get a haircut yet.

Innit.... Same as those who mugged themselves off by branding PEH a "cheapo, clogger something something....." on or before match-day 1.

Last edited:
I probably share this between Eriksen and Dele tbh.

To be fair to Poch, he finally dropped Eriksen for his last game. Poch was loyal to a fault for what he saw were his boys. It is to be admired but I follow Spurs. Not Poch.
By the time Poch figured out Dele and Eriksen were not at the level required to start weekly it was already too late.

This is it really, if being kicked out of England can’t motivate you, I don’t know what would.
England should be a 4-3-3 team as well, regardless of our doubts over Southgate. They to have moved beyond the need for Dele.

Is he better creatively than Foden, Maddison and Grealish? Jude Bellingham is on his way soon too.

He's not good enough to make you think he should dislodge, Sterling/Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood.

Mason Mount is kind of the Lamela of the national squad.

Dele is a phenomenal improvisor at his best BUT this doesn't mean he is more talented than others. He isn't... far from it. If he was as talented as people made out, then he'd always be there regardless of difficulties fitting him into a system.

He was always the biggest beneficiary of Poch's system. Between 2015-2019, whose standards dipped the most out of DESK when playing for their country? Was it not Dele?

He's not an extraordinary talent lacking motivation - he's simply not good enough to survive the philosophy shift of the team. Nothing more, nothing less. The rest is just noise.

As much as I loved Poch, and still do, I’ve been through the 5 stages of grief and have begrudgingly accepted that his loyalty to too many of the players who’d helped raise the expectations of everyone connected to the club, was the biggest contributing factor to his downfall.

He left it too long to the point where we needed revolution not evolution.
2016, 2017 and 2018 will always be windows of missed opportunities.

Reguilon, Højbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Bergwijn are the signings we should have made in 2017 and 2018, not 2019 and 2020.

2016, 2017 and 2018 will always be windows of missed opportunities.

Reguilon, Højbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Bergwijn are the signings we should have made in 2017 and 2018, not 2019 and 2020.
I think we bought those players at the right time, its more the timing of non-sales that cost us.

Selling Dier in 2017, and Alderweireld and Eriksen in 2018 and That's another £150m minimum to reinvest. Should've sold Rose in summer 2019, should've sold Dele this past window. Let Wanyama stay half a season too long.

Really poor squad management by ENIC , they became so focused on the stadium project that they took their eye of the ball with the thing that drives this club more than any other.

Anyway what's done is done.

Care to explain? (not in an aggressive tone I just don’t get why you point the arrow at Dele from all the problems at the time. Eriksen was equally pivotal and fell much more drastically)
Yeah its a bit rich. He was one amoung many who cost Poch. The honest truth is that foremost of them was Pochettino himself. People need to come to terms with the fact the bloke god love him was emotionally spent. Like most of us he couldn't get over the ECL final defeat. He was shot.

I think he could be a good creative midfielder IF he changes his mind, but I can't see this happening unfortunately.
He's can't , he's technically inconsistent, has poor ball retention, and has a limited range of passes.

These weaknesses were minimised playing him as close to Kane as possible 2015-19. He could be as wasteful as he wanted knowing that Dembele & Eriksen would always look after the ball and set the rhythm of the team, whilst Wanyama & Dembele (again!) could seal the pitch. Also, he had boundless energy back then which made up for his inefficiency. Physically he's not the same.

Something about tonight's game made me think that this is the type of performance that could have used Dele's contributions. And after his great performance in the EL game quite surprised he wasn't included. I imagine you agree Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ? Shame really.

Something about tonight's game made me think that this is the type of performance that could have used Dele's contributions. And after his great performance in the EL game quite surprised he wasn't included. I imagine you agree Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ? Shame really.
Few better than finding those pockets of space. I think(??) that's what Lamela brought to the game when he came on, but I'm fucked if I'm going to waste a second of my time rewatching that game to find out if this was the case,

Bumped this thread and changed the title to 'Next' window. Under the current circumstances regarding his team appearances the question would still seem to be a valid one.
Your views gentlemen/ladies ??

Bumped this thread and changed the title to 'Next' window. Under the current circumstances regarding his team appearances the question would still seem to be a valid one.
Your views gentlemen/ladies ??
As I said before, wait and see how he reacts to being dropped. If he reacts well keep him, if not shift him out.

As I said before, wait and see how he reacts to being dropped. If he reacts well keep him, if not shift him out.
Thing is mate does Jose plan on giving him enough opportunities to 'react' anymore ?. That last interview when he clearly indicated the problems lay with Dele and there was little more he could do to motivate the lad really brought it home just how serious this situation is.

Back
Top Bottom