Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho keeps on implying he's a bad character or not trying in training - I can't really believe that he's so bad, so much so than any other individual, to warrant the treatment he's getting.

He's come from the lower leagues and a difficult background.....this isn't some kid who's had it all easy

Ultimately I can see this being the undoing of Mourinho. Alli is a popular player with the fans, and many of them are still wary of Mourinho - if results start to dip then exiling Alli will become a bigger and bigger issue that he could have avoided.

Totally agree with your post and I'm not necessarily asking for a MOTM performance and I don't think José is either. I just want to see effort and commitment, a hunger for the ball and to be part of the play all of the time he's on the pitch. Simply doing the basics correctly and not 'switching off' for ten minute spells. I'll gladly settle for that.

Do you think he did as much in his cameo last week?

Mourinho keeps on implying he's a bad character or not trying in training - I can't really believe that he's so bad, so much so than any other individual, to warrant the treatment he's getting.

He's come from the lower leagues and a difficult background.....this isn't some kid who's had it all easy

Ultimately I can see this being the undoing of Mourinho. Alli is a popular player with the fans, and many of them are still wary of Mourinho - if results start to dip then exiling Alli will become a bigger and bigger issue that he could have avoided.

Equally there will be fans that see his off-field antics as a lack of commitment and so long as results stay positive will see Jose as vindicated.

...Hense a vast amount of the content in this thread.

Not saying you're wrong with the latter part, but the idea of a player becoming complacent once they percieve themselves to have 'made it' isn't as alien as your initial "I can't believe he's that bad" comment suggests.

Equally there will be fans that see his off-field antics as a lack of commitment and so long as results stay positive will see Jose as vindicated.

...Hense a vast amount of the content in this thread.

Not saying you're wrong with the latter part, but the idea of a player becoming complacent once they percieve themselves to have 'made it' isn't as alien as your initial "I can't believe he's that bad" comment suggests.

I can believe he's bad - I just don't for a second believe he's the only one in the squad

I mean....its only a few games since our entire team lost focus and started dicking about vs West Ham

Even Mourinho needed a kick up the arse that day

He SHOULD go.

For his own benefit. He doesn't fit in to the team. He isnt quick like a Bergwijn, Lucas. He isnt a harrier or chaser down like Lamela and he isn't world class like a Bale or Son.

So that rules him out of offering something different in attack.

He isn't very good at beating a press or breaking lines like an Ndombele or Lo Celso. So that rules him out of coming in for them as a replacement in the line up.

And he can't or shouldn't really play any deeper..

He needs to find a place where he'll flourish within the right system in a team where he'll get game time every week so he can get his mojo back, score some goals and go from there.

That isn't here.

I can believe he's bad - I just don't for a second believe he's the only one in the squad

I mean....its only a few games since our entire team lost focus and started dicking about vs West Ham

"Bad character or not trying in training" isn't something I suspect of any of the lads without cause. Who do you have in mind that is just as bad as Dele is suggested to be?

Depends what you mean by "dicking about".... Our collective performance allowed that game to slip away.. I"m not sure that's really relevant to the discussion tbh.

Even Mourinho needed a kick up the arse that day

Buck stops with him, fine, but again..... "Bad character or not trying in training"????

Feels like a deviation.

Tbh though it was more than other part of your post that I was intrigued by..... The idea that the proverbial 'situ' risks upsetting the bigger applecart.

To be honest no but I tempered my opinion with it being as you correctly described, a cameo. Know more tonight I reckon.

I thought he did ok... Not necessarily as productive as I would have hoped (for him and us), but I didn't see a player lacking effort etc.

That fact he’s getting a start in european games but not making the match day squad in league games says to me Jose is trying to teach him a lesson (not in a bad way)......Show me what you have got, show me how motivated you are to claim back a spot.....

Big season for Dale, I mean even if he scored a hat trick in Europe tonight at best he may scrape a squad place for Sunday....This won’t be an easy return for him as we have great depth in the squad right now and the ball is totally in Dale’s court....

That fact he’s getting a start in european games but not making the match day squad in league games says to me Jose is trying to teach him a lesson (not in a bad way)......Show me what you have got, show me how motivated you are to claim back a spot.....

Big season for Dale, I mean even if he scored a hat trick in Europe tonight at best he may scrape a squad place for Sunday....This won’t be an easy return for him as we have great depth in the squad right now and the ball is totally in Dale’s court....
Who is Dale :thumbdown: :thumbdown: is he playing tonight too ?
Only joking mate :dierpochhug:

Who is Dale :thumbdown: :thumbdown: is he playing tonight too ?
Only joking mate :dierpochhug:
dale-winton.jpg

OR

mv5bmte5ndkzmgetywrhns00ogrllwflyzktndjhmtcxn2qzmge3xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymjuyndk2odc40._v1_.jpg

He is the artist formally known as “Alli”.....
Oh you mean Muhammad Alli the left back we signed from Whitby Wanderers, always wore a huge pair of gloves no matter what the weather. Very good in the box, yeah I knew his name rang a bell. He played for us in the FA Cup when we (and he) were knocked out in the third round a few seasons ago.

Back
Top Bottom