Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£19 million for Dele ? I would hedge a bet if he played for another team with the numbers of goals and assists he has and being Home grown , we would all be talking about what a bargain £19 million is for him and Levy will be in his prime etc and he is just unhappy at his current club and we could get the best out of him! No way Levy let’s him go for less than £40 million in my view. I think if it’s true he isn’t in Jose’s plans then a loan in January would be ideal and see what he is like in another system and change of
Scenery , maybe we are all wrong and there is a player in there that wants to play in the Euros , I doubt it but who knows, in 2020 anything is possible!

I'm wary of making any assumptions as to what will happen with players under Mourinho. Still think there's some chance Dele works his ass off over this Int. break and over the coming weeks, and Mourinho finds use for him between now and Christmas. Whatever his next move is he needs to be in better physical shape and seriously adjust his on-field mentality. Hope it works out for him because he's given us some great moments.

PSG would have been a good place for him to go. He can get his goals and assists in a dominant team. But if you put him in an average team it exposes just how average he is, so no point loaning him to such a team.

Whadday mean 'Que'?
It's a phrase.... a phrase that existed before you did probably.... go Google it Danny Rose! Tell you what, i'll do it for ya....

Just cos you've never heard of it.... doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

Breaking news: there WAS football before 1992/Premier League!
It's THAT mentality basically!

EDIT: I realise I've just gone full blown 'Boomer' on you there deadleyledley ....no offence meant, but you get the gist, right?
Unless "Gist" has been taken out of the "Webster's Woke Dictionary" along with 'irony' 'sarcasm' and 'innuendo'!!!
ron burgundy GIF

if we sell him, what's the odds that he'll turn into a monster of a player again lol
The more likely outcome of his transfer is more latitude for the tribal fabulists to more objectively see what he is as a player and revise their previously held beliefs about him so they can be aboard the "yeah, I always knew he was a limited player" train. There will still be some holdouts that whack-a-mole up everytime he scores a goal with "see, I knew we shouldn't have let Dele leave" but they will be nowhere to be found when the ball is bouncing off him in MF or he's struggling to control and deliver short quick passes in a higher technical team (if he moves to PSG).

And even if he somehow 'comes good' in another team there would be no point in concerning ourselves with it because he's not good for our team right now and hasn't been for some time. We just didn't have options so we had to suffer with him. Now we have options, a chairmen who has apparently found his wallet, and a manager that likes the contents of other people's wallets and would like to explore more functional options that can be procured with said contents.

Not all that high. If he can’t do it at Spurs then why elsewhere? It is not necessarily that easy to start performing again at another club- just ask Eriksen.

And it would have to be a top club.

Alli is obviously a talented player but he needs that around him as well.

But you have to wonder who would pay the money?

I could see so called lesser clubs coming on for him but that would be hard so it's a very difficult situation for Alli now.

At 24 he could be on the way down whereas most of us thought he would be readying himself for Madrid.

I just don't think football is his number 1 priority anymore and it shows.
Looks like it. He's at a pivotal point in his career. If I was him I'd be dedicating every spare minute to upping my game and breaking back into the team. Not twatting about with video game publicity. (nothing wrong with the odd game in his spare time, but this is clearly a major commitment/distraction).

He still has the raw talent in there somewhere.

What fuckery is this anyway? Please don't throw your career down the shitter Dele.

He’s done for.

Well known fact that Mountain Dew and Doritos are the staple drinks/food for an MLG 360 No scope player.

Seriously hope he’s not too addicted to video games though. Although it’s better than drugs, booze and betting I guess.

Back
Top Bottom