Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I count 4 stats there!

:troll:
Ok. Often stats shows something that ignorant people don't see. Versus Liverpool at home at Wembley 2017(18?) He played, defensive midfielder and totally killed in that position. We won 4-1. It's a player in there, if you haven't seen him is your loss.

Ok. Often stats shows something that ignorant people don't see. Versus Liverpool at home at Wembley 2017(18?) He played, defensive midfielder and totally killed in that position. We won 4-1. It's a player in there, if you haven't seen him is your loss.

There's a player in there, but he's lost and stumbling in the dark. Using one game as evidence from 2-3 years ago doesn't prove much of anything except that he had a good game 2-3 years ago.

I don't think anyone is doubting that he has qualities or that he has performed well for us during a period of time. It's his current form, which isn't good, that is the issue.

There's a player in there, but he's lost and stumbling in the dark. Using one game as evidence from 2-3 years ago doesn't prove much of anything except that he had a good game 2-3 years ago.

I don't think anyone is doubting that he has qualities or that he has performed well for us during a period of time. It's his current form, which isn't good, that is the issue.
The big question is whether the decline is temporary.

Of course you are right. But this was a game where he played out of position and still did well. I think that shows more than that he just can score and nothing else. But 1 game isn't a good sample

The real worry would be if his hamstrings are so fragile that it stops him committing and playing the way he used to. If that’s the case, then he’s probably fucked as a really top level player.

My hunch is that it’s confidence related and he’s mentally not in great shape. He may be able to recover from that with a lot of support or he may not. The history of sport has many examples of both.

Of course you are right. But this was a game where he played out of position and still did well. I think that shows more than that he just can score and nothing else. But 1 game isn't a good sample
Sure, a player with so much talent is bound to be able to fill in at times in a different role and be successful. Dele has always had that ability, but I think the problem now is that for all of his innate talent, he just can't justifiably get game time. Even if he could maybe play there, I wouldn't put him in a DM position right now with the other options we have.

I really hope for things to start working for him again, but I've just about given up.

tenor.gif

That cracked me up.

More chance of winning the lottery than Alli starting against City.
of course..... I was just trying to inject some humour into what has been a shitfest of a year....
OBVIOUSLY he's a busted flush... he peaked with THAT goal at Palace 4 years ago...
Been downhill ever since....

I doubt even MK DonsTM (c) would have him back!

I'd give my eye teeth to have the Dele of a few years back playing for us now - he used to put the fear of God in the opposition. Sadly, I don't think that we are ever going to see that Dele again. That is our loss as much as it is his.

Whadday mean 'Que'?
It's a phrase.... a phrase that existed before you did probably.... go Google it Danny Rose! Tell you what, i'll do it for ya....

Just cos you've never heard of it.... doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

Breaking news: there WAS football before 1992/Premier League!
It's THAT mentality basically!

EDIT: I realise I've just gone full blown 'Boomer' on you there deadleyledley ....no offence meant, but you get the gist, right?
Unless "Gist" has been taken out of the "Webster's Woke Dictionary" along with 'irony' 'sarcasm' and 'innuendo'!!!

Last edited:
That cracked me up.

More chance of winning the lottery than Alli starting against City.
In my defence m'lud, I diid say "feature" ...didn't say he's gonna start....
He COULD be an 89th minute sub when we're 6-0 up..... that would constitute 'feature'.... but Yes, I get your drift, OF COURSE he won't start.... he's a useless liability who is more interested in how many Baseball caps DELE.com has sold this week than ANYTHING to do with football....

He's a product of MK Dons ffs.... he's a fucking FRANCHISE!
Why is anyone surprised that his eye is on the Bank account rather than the goal?

I naively had higher hopes for him....

Seems I was wrong! Shame

Despite his petulance at times I can only recall him being sent off once. Yet this side is also missing from his game but as Mourinho has stated he does not want nice guys, Why does he not have the confidence to wind the opposition up any more? Cannot see at his age he should have lost any physical ability unless injury related. Lack of minutes played means he is not match fit but it is chicken & egg. He will not get minutes without performing and perhaps cannot perform without minutes to get match fit. Cannot see him getting in the team unless we have injury problems which hopefully will not occur.

Back
Top Bottom