Dele

I guess the hippies like Dele for some reason.

eanN17

Supporter
I really like him and I hope he returns. I thought he did very well vs Ludogorets and needs to back it up with a perfomance vs LASK. Keep it going, Dele!

So you want Dele at CB then?

#StrawmanIsEasy
Hmm haven't thought about it but interesting idea. I think Dele (or anyone for that matter) would have done better than 1/6 in aerial duels against Abraham/Chelsea. Dele probably wouldn't have gifted Chelsea those 2 big chances as well. So yeah, I'd probably have Dele over Rodon at CB.

Donald Trump Wink GIF

todd1882

Airfixx can't quit me!

And he doesn't even get mins in PL anymore.
My god Guids you are struggling... If only all that mattered on a football pitch was spending all your time as a nominal MFer attempting to make runs off the shoulder of the last man and latching on 1st time to whatever ball over the top came then both you and he would be in business. As fate would have it there is more expected from players nowadays than that and randomly leaving a bit in on Bulgarian farmers. I say shame really.

But even in analyzing this graph Dele is just above the 1:1 (maybe 115-120%) mark so that implies that his goals are mostly coming from other's work and easier positions. Sonny is above the 1:1.5 (or 150% as the graph puts it) which means many of his goals are his work. I would say that fits a lot of what we see.

Still think Dele can make an impact for us in the league this year, especially at 10 with Ndombele behind him in midfield. Needs to take his chances when given them.

todd1882

Airfixx can't quit me!
Still think Dele can make an impact for us in the league this year, especially at 10 with Ndombele behind him in midfield. Needs to take his chances when given them.
From what do you derive this confidence? His last game at the 10 had him mostly in line with the attackers i.e. not in the hole to receive the ball on the half-turn or provide a passing option to other players thus leaving the onus on those even further back to create.

From what do you derive this confidence? His last game at the 10 had him mostly in line with the attackers i.e. not in the hole to receive the ball on the half-turn or provide a passing option to other players thus leaving the onus on those even further back to create.
He looks to be in somewhat improved shape, and hopefully is working hard on s&c. That's been his biggest issue imo, as well as a lax attitude. Think he has a bit of chemistry with Ndombele, and at his best he's a good player that gets goals and sets them up. Outside of Kane and Son we don't have a great spread of goals in the team. I'm hoping he feels this is his last shot at the club and he makes the best of it.

My god Guids you are struggling... If only all that mattered on a football pitch was spending all your time as a nominal MFer attempting to make runs off the shoulder of the last man and latching on 1st time to whatever ball over the top came then both you and he would be in business. As fate would have it there is more expected from players nowadays than that and randomly leaving a bit in on Bulgarian farmers. I say shame really.

But even in analyzing this graph Dele is just above the 1:1 (maybe 115-120%) mark so that implies that his goals are mostly coming from other's work and easier positions. Sonny is above the 1:1.5 (or 150% as the graph puts it) which means many of his goals are his work. I would say that fits a lot of what we see.
NO ONE IS BETTER THAN SON, that's quite the benchmark!! And from a player in his absolute prime at 28yrs old (worth noting that his numbers were nothing like Dele's were between 19-24yrs old!!!).

Please make up your mind Toddles, you can either choose to use a stat or not, you're doing a good impression doing both to suit whatever narrative you which to spin.

You know very well and I've specifically detailed previously that I don't judge or merit him on his superb finishing ability numbers. I rate his pressing, his runs, his link-up and whilst far from his ideal position, his versatility when deployed in deeper roles.

todd1882

Airfixx can't quit me!
NO ONE IS BETTER THAN SON, that's quite the benchmark!! And from a player in his absolute prime at 28yrs old (worth noting that his numbers were nothing like Dele's were between 19-24yrs old!!!).
...but utilizing your very own graph it shows that Dele's goals are mostly made NOT by him yet you are attempting to attribute some measure of value beyond that to his goals being at a younger age. These are goals comparisons in the same team where Dele was an ever-present and Sonny was not...age got nothing to do with it.

Please make up your mind Toddles, you can either choose to use a stat or not, you're doing a good impression doing both to suit whatever narrative you which to spin.
No idea what you are attempting to even say here. I DID use the graph and properly interpreted it for you and others who might waltz on by. It is a deeper interpretation that just looking at the goal numbers. Are you suggesting my interpretation is wrong in some way? Then how am I using it and also not using it then? And what are my particular narratives I'm trying to spin? Perhaps you need to flesh this attempt to put me on the defensive out a little more.

Do you have any interpretation of the graph beyond "and he can't get a start in the PL" because even the graph provides info about that...you know, all he does is score goals. Been said about a lot of players but that critique is deeper than the surface level.

You know very well and I've specifically detailed previously that I don't judge or merit him on his superb finishing ability numbers.
As I've told you before I initially didn't and then through all of your hemming and hawing about off screen stuff I decided to take you at your word... But now I know it's truly the goals. Which is fine as a lot of folks rate players only on goal contributions. You got any negative critiques to balance out all the off-screen awesomeness I don't see?

Top Bottom