Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Dele chant is now so completely out-of-date now. It needs tweaking:

We've got Alli
Dele Alli
I just don't think you understand
Despite his dodgy hairstyles
He's better than Maitland-Niles
We've got Dele Alli.

We've got Alli
Dele Alli
He's trying very hard
He's better than Odegaard
We've got Dele Alli.

We've got Alli
Dele Alli
He's getting stronger & stronger
He's better than Sambi Lokonga
We've got Dele Alli.
Angry American Idol GIF

He's still not very good. IMO Work rate was never the issue with Dele, he's always been an elite presser and loved getting stuck in.

The problem is he is soooooooo slow on the ball. Takes forever to decide what to do with it and he gets dispossessed loads. Should have been converted to an Auxiliary CF, but I think talk of a renaissance is still far fetched. He still annoys me in all the ways he did over the past 2 years.

He's still not very good. IMO Work rate was never the issue with Dele, he's always been an elite presser and loved getting stuck in.

The problem is he is soooooooo slow on the ball. Takes forever to decide what to do with it and he gets dispossessed loads. Should have been converted to an Auxiliary CF, but I think talk of a renaissance is still far fetched. He still annoys me in all the ways he did over the past 2 years.
That's pretty harsh to say to a player that's scored 18 PL goals and 9 assists in 16/17.

Sure he's slow on the ball but you can't be "not very good" and put up those kind of numbers.

Fair enough but then again, he was playing under Jose where our entire squad with the exception of Son/Kane/Hugo weren't very good.
His regression started under Poch and Jose gave him EVERY opportunity at the start of his reign. As much as I detest Mourinho, and I'd love to blame everything on him out of pure convenience, Dele actually played his way out of the team under him.

If you don’t like feet, I recommend not opening his Insta stories today. One of the Spurs medical team is using a scalpel to remove the hard skin off his big toe 🤮

If you don’t like feet, I recommend not opening his Insta stories today. One of the Spurs medical team is using a scalpel to remove the hard skin off his big toe 🤮

:mourfacepalm:

......Is this not peak Millenial/Twitter/Instagram????

His regression started under Poch and Jose gave him EVERY opportunity at the start of his reign. As much as I detest Mourinho, and I'd love to blame everything on him out of pure convenience, Dele actually played his way out of the team under him.
Disagree Mourinho disliked dele previous to be coming Spurs manager remember him slagging dele for celebrating scoring against manure in the Fa cup semifinal - as if you wouldn’t celebrate giving your team the lead in a semi final!
Dele actually started well under Mourinho-but then got hooked at half time on the opening day of last season at home to Everton which seemed strange because there were blatantly worse players on the pitch which was born out by the fact we were considerably worse in the 2nd half and he rarely featured under Mourinho again

I don't like feet and I don't like scalpels.
I had a recurring verruca when I was a kid which meant (it seemed like) weekly visits to a chiropodist shaving the top off it for years.

Back
Top Bottom