Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if he'd perform better in another team like Lingard did when he went to West Ham, or if he truly is too far gone.

It's clear that he's never getting better while here ever again, though. We've been waiting years now.
Well i don't think he can be any worse than he has been here. At least he'll play a bit more regularly which might spark some life into him.

Lingard has done nothing since he went back to Utd either. Players just run out of steam at certain clubs and it looks certain that Dele's race here is run.

Well i don't think he can be any worse than he has been here. At least he'll play a bit more regularly which might spark some life into him.

Lingard has done nothing since he went back to Utd either. Players just run out of steam at certain clubs and it looks certain that Dele's race here is run.
There's his race being run and then there's being sent to the glue factory like he deserves. Cheerio

Style of play​

Early in his career, Dele was widely considered one of the best young midfielders of his generation,[91][92][93] and won PFA Young Player of the Year two years running.[94] He was praised for his all-round skillset and his goalscoring prowess, particularly when playing as a second striker.[95] Dele's then-manager, Mauricio Pochettino, said in 2017: "In the box, he looks like a striker, and outside the box, he plays like a midfielder." Rafael van der Vaart said of Alli that he is "fast, fluid and has a great skill set",[96] while Frank Lampard praised Alli's intelligence in his ability "to get into the box without being marked".[97] However, Dele's form faded from 2018 onwards, resulting in him losing his place in the England team in 2019.[98]

37 Caps by 23

2x PFA Young player of the year

Fell of a fucking cliff!!!
The bold is full of bad takes. He never had an "all-round skillset" and his 'best' moments were of instinct not design. And even in games where he scored there were always numerous instances of absolutely stupid or naive play so to credit him as a player of "intelligence" is wide of the mark.

He "fell off a fucking cliff" because folks didn't recognize it at the time. Had they then this diminution would be more fitting. He's had 2 surprisingly good and encouraging years followed by 4 of shit. Like water, he's just found his level. Unfortunately, so many of our fans are still struggling with the reality.

I don’t think Dele’s main problem is laziness but this is entirely misleading statistically as FBRef classifies him as an AM/Winger when he’s been playing CM. So naturally his tackling and defensive stats look significantly better.
but it's one of them. Last night when he lost the ball he was static. Like Lennon used to be. His mind is wired incorrectly, he gets the hump losing the ball, like a spoilt child. I think of players like Moura, Lamella and Skip. Suddenly they are off, trying to recover the ball. Totally different attitude. Don't think you can change that

I wonder if he'd perform better in another team like Lingard did when he went to West Ham, or if he truly is too far gone.

It's clear that he's never getting better while here ever again, though. We've been waiting years now.
Moyes did say he was blessed that he had Lindgard while there was a lockdown, he couldn't be out partying.

I can't imagine who'll pay a fee for this guy and pay his wages. Try to engineer a player+ £ swap with Everton for one of Pickford/ Richarlison/ DCL. Don't envy Paratici's job trying to shift some of these players.

I can't imagine who'll pay a fee for this guy and pay his wages. Try to engineer a player+ £ swap with Everton for one of Pickford/ Richarlison/ DCL. Don't envy Paratici's job trying to shift some of these players.
Yeah will be tough, suppose a couple would be loans to try get them out the door

Yeah will be tough, suppose a couple would be loans to try get them out the door
Hoping for player + cash swaps. Paratici had a good few of them at Juve, and we had Gil/Lamela in the summer. Sanchez, Dele, Doherty, Rodon would all benefit from a change of scenery.

The bold is full of bad takes. He never had an "all-round skillset" and his 'best' moments were of instinct not design. And even in games where he scored there were always numerous instances of absolutely stupid or naive play so to credit him as a player of "intelligence" is wide of the mark.

He "fell off a fucking cliff" because folks didn't recognize it at the time. Had they then this diminution would be more fitting. He's had 2 surprisingly good and encouraging years followed by 4 of shit. Like water, he's just found his level. Unfortunately, so many of our fans are still struggling with the reality.

Maybe, but it was just his wiki blurb. Showing Poch, Lampard, VDV were all effusive, recall Ronaldinho picking him out at the last World Cup as one he saw as a potential star of it.

He fell apart from the early promise, we all agree, now.

I don't think Dele has any hunger for football at all and that's the issue.

When he burst onto the scene he clearly enjoyed playing football, he was a competitor he threw himself about and got sent off a couple of times. I miss that Dele, but that Dele isn't coming back.

The new Dele wafts a leg and jogs about the pitch, he is happy to pick up a wage, It's just a job and not even a job he particularly gives a shit about.

I can't see anybody wanting him, nor can I see a change of scene re-invigorating him. If he can't get inspired to even try with somebody like Conte in charge he is done.

Needs to be released.

I imagine, PR shoots, sponsor promotions, etc. have been very profitable and are a lot easier than training. Problem is he doesn't see the connection with playing well and getting those gigs. IMHO he is living on borrowed time. Once those deals run out he wont get others of the same level and he'll be done.

I think dele could do a job somewhere slow.

Maybe an Atalanta or Udinese type team could risk 10 to 12m on him in Jan.

They could pay us £500 a month if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom