Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't remember mate, just some general clickbait shit that's spewed out the mouths of that rancid station, facilitating "presenters" with no knowledge of what they speak.

...was it a shit-take on the interview or just an ill-timed "LOL Dele is shit now" spam?

Wish the best for him. I really hope that
his body is able to do what he wants it to over the next few years, football needs players with imagination.

Still think that's been a vital component of what's gone on..... he complained about his body at 24 y/o.

Still think that's been a vital component of what's gone on..... he complained about his body at 24 y/o.
Yeah, his body has been failing him for years now.. but its only speculation to know how much to attribute that to his on-field struggles overall. Can understand him saying "hope best football is ahead of me" and things to that affect, for the purpose of future contracts etc. Just hope he's able to get back to a good level, seems a really sweet guy who's had to overcome some tough times.

Yeah, his body has been failing him for years now.. but its only speculation to know how much to attribute that to his on-field struggles overall. Can understand him saying "hope best football is ahead of me" and things to that affect, for the purpose of future contracts etc. Just hope he's able to get back to a good level, seems a really sweet guy who's had to overcome some tough times.

Of course... My thinking is that if football provides a 'crutch' for you and that appears at risk; it will be profoundly unsettling.

Excellent interview. Had me going a couple of times.

Dele gave us some of the best moments as Spurs fans over the recent years (those goals against Woolwich and Chelsea etc) and I wish him all the best going forwards.

That's a powerful interview by Dele and I hope that he comes out of this a stronger person.

His time at Spurs is obviously over but I do wish him all the best.

For what it is worth I do think that Dyche will be a good fit for him as far as managers go. Dyche seems to be a good human and should be able to connect with him person to person.

This interview deals with massive issues and I'm no expert so all I can do is wish Dele all the best on the road to recovery.

I think it does go to show though that the abuse and hatred some 'fans' dish out to players is way over the top.

None of us know what is going on in their personal lives. None of us know what they've been through or are going through.

Some of the judgement needs to be reigned in.

I've said on this thread that I thought he should walk away from football and do something to make him happy. I'm glad he's in a happier space. If he wants to keep doing football then everyone in the game should be supportive but before that he needs to make sure that this doesn't overwhelm his life again, if he can.

Best wishes to him.

I've said on this thread that I thought he should walk away from football and do something to make him happy. I'm glad he's in a happier space. If he wants to keep doing football then everyone in the game should be supportive but before that he needs to make sure that this doesn't overwhelm his life again, if he can.

Best wishes to him.
I think that Dele would do good as a youth team coach once he decides to hang his boots up and if he decides to go that route. He has the sort of personality and general vibes that would help him connect to youngsters.

You know, the young uncle/cool older brother sort of vibe.

It just all explains so much. We all could have guessed at some of the issues but his life has gone way beyond even our worst thoughts. From a footballing perspective it's a damn shame but it's his life we need to concentrate on. I think the game will help him further.

Back
Top Bottom