Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before. Will say it again.. Mourinho was a cancer.
Dele says in the interview that he doesn't have a problem with Jose or even with the comment itself. But with how Amazon presented it and the narrative that sprung from it.

Jose did acknowledge that Dele isn't lazy and apologized.

The club did right by Ryan Mason. I hope when the time comes, it will stand by Dele. He may not have come through our academy, but he was here at 19, and this is where he became a superstar, this is his footballing home.
TBF Daniel was very reluctant to let him leave, not sure how long he'd have eventually found his way to the counseling he needed.

I said this earlier in this thread. But I think that Dyche and Dele should be a good fit for each other.

Dyche is a strict, principled guy that will give Dele clear expectations and goals. But he's also a approachable, humane sort so they can have a rapport.
Although I also think Dyche is a good fit, the appearance clauses might get in the way of him making a come back with Everton

Although I also think Dyche is a good fit, the appearance clauses might get in the way of him making a come back with Everton
That may be a thing outside of Dyche's control ay. But still just having a solid rapport with the manager and finding a place in training could do a lot of good I think.

A sort of walk before you can run thing. And if he does well enough in training Dyche can always plead his case even more strongly.

What a truly awful, heartbreaking thing to happen to someone at ANY age, let alone that young.

Pretty much explains everything...

Last edited:
That may be a thing outside of Dyche's control ay. But still just having a solid rapport with the manager and finding a place in training could do a lot of good I think.

A sort of walk before you can run thing. And if he does well enough in training Dyche can always plead his case even more strongly.

Nice to get a sense of closure on what happened to him, and Im glad he went out and got help for his issues as it was looking pretty bad last season. And now hopefully as he says he'll be an even better player than before.
does it put everton in a weird place do you tihnk? To try and ship him out now would seem incsensative, to keep and not play him woulld also look bad from the outside. But to play him means a club with not much money will then have to pay us quite a lot of money.
Hope he impresses in pre season and gets back to his best and is just undropable for everton or gets sold to another prem club and does well. and hopefully he can go on and get back in the england squad for the euros.
Be an epic comeback

Last edited:
Fucking hell, always knew there must be more than what meets the eye but that was a heartbreaking watch. You could clearly tell it was still too raw for him to speak about but he got himself through, fair play to Neville for the way he conducted himself too. Really gives a bit of perspective of how stupid and self involved we can be when it comes to football, just people at the end of the day. Brought a tear to my eye hearing him run through the list of childhood stuff, he could have easily just said 'abuse' or anything but to actually detail it the way he did in front of the world takes serious guts. Loved the bit where he talked about wanting to be even better than he was, obviously a very long shot but fuck me if he can get to the level where he's just a regular starter for Everton I'd be so proud. One of my favourite players we've had and a gem. Loved what he said about Dier and Kane too, what credits to the club they are in terms of character.

In fairness Jose apologised a week later face to face with Dele.

It's not his fault the apology wasn't in the documentary.

Fair play on Jose for apologising. Some wouldn't.

It's all part of his bullshit mindgames though

How many players did he throw under the bus publicly.......and then have to play them again a few weeks later

It's all part of his bullshit mindgames though

How many players did he throw under the bus publicly.......and then have to play them again a few weeks later

indeed, makes you wonder what a more normal human approach will do for Tanguy this season, instead of being outed on global tv and no doubt worse behind the scenes

Back
Top Bottom