Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your comment has nothing to do with the preceding posts, 'pal'.

We just bury the memory of players most of us were deeply fond of after a few years away from the club? .....Fuck that.

Some of his goals were sublime and he has given true Spurs fans some great memories

I think Dele has started 1 Premier League game since joining Everton when Woolwich hammered them 5-1 on the last day of the season - the same day we hammered Norwich 5-0 away to secure top 4 above them.

When he does eventually get himself fit enough to play he's going to be so rusty. Can't see why they would offer him a new contract really, especially given the financial implications with us.

Feel like his next best move would be to join a club that's likely to smash the Championship next season. not a side in a relegation scrap. That's assuming no top 8 Premier League side will throw him a bone.

I think Dele has started 1 Premier League game since joining Everton when Woolwich hammered them 5-1 on the last day of the season - the same day we hammered Norwich 5-0 away to secure top 4 above them.

When he does eventually get himself fit enough to play he's going to be so rusty. Can't see why they would offer him a new contract really, especially given the financial implications with us.

Feel like his next best move would be to join a club that's likely to smash the Championship next season. not a side in a relegation scrap. That's assuming no top 8 Premier League side will throw him a bone.
Jesus, are we at 'top 8' already? Wheewww... Crazy.

Just reading the article on the athletic and 2 things....

1. I think although he has had injuries, Everton have no incentive to play him, however much they need him, because they cant afford to pay us or dont want to pay us any more money for him. So he will leave in the summer and another club will pick him up.

and 2. Matt King aka Super Hans from Peep Show is in the comments section under the article, which is nice!

Some of his goals were sublime and he has given true Spurs fans some great memories

I'll never understand the enmity some feel towards footballers. Jealousy, I suppose. Dele was a shooting star - he was on it for the briefest of windows, but when he was he was magic, electric, sex in boots. He was everything we had been missing since Bale, that player who could pick the ball up anywhere and do something that made you question physics.

I'll never understand the enmity some feel towards footballers. Jealousy, I suppose. Dele was a shooting star - he was on it for the briefest of windows, but when he was he was magic, electric, sex in boots. He was everything we had been missing since Bale, that player who could pick the ball up anywhere and do something that made you question physics.
Hey admin, like the Danish AE or the interrobang...is it possible to mix the 'haha' and 'disagree' rating? There are some posts that clearly deserve it.

edit: think it's called a digraph...just popped into my brain while I was taking piss earlier.

Last edited:
See his goal against France. His goal against Crystal Palace. He scored big goals in big games too. He was a fantastic player. Just like RVV Berbatov andModric, it's not all about running past your opponent from the half way line at pace. Some 'modern' supporters think football is Fifa.

Last edited:

Any ramifications of the deal with us expire come the end of this season; which I think is the point here...... He becomes a free agent and if any offer is made it'll be on far lesser terms than Dele's deal with us.

Feel like his next best move would be to join a club that's likely to smash the Championship next season. not a side in a relegation scrap.

That could well be Everton (in all seriousness though; I doubt it).

That's assuming no top 8 Premier League side will throw him a bone.

I'd assume that too.

Last edited:
2 more games i think and they owe us 10M....

Hope he gets back to some form, shame to see him capitulate.... cant help wonder if hadnt of fallen apart , he genuinely could have thrived playing ange ball.
He's on 13/20 so 7 more games. Everton only have 12 games left and he's not fit yet so probably unlikely he'll reach that this season even if they do decide they want to start using him.

Dele was great fun in his prime you silly old sausage.
I've been recently reminded of my feelings on this player from AUGUST 2016...that's right, 1 year after his first game with us...

• no threat in behind nor the ability to beat a man
  • you would feel that mou would realize that Pogba is not a DM. And I say this knowing full well the irony of our own manager not realizing/making the same mistake with Dele
  • but I have reservations about Dele receiving the ball in midfield under pressure as well as his subsequent usage of it

That's ALL from August 2016 somewhere else but bus-conductor bus-conductor will confirm (memphiswill)...I was already fed up with him...that's also about the time I said "fuck it" and stopped being diplomatic in my criticism of players because you always got mindless, internecine pushback...if you are wondering, this was me still being diplomatic.

Never been fond of this player though I do concede some of his shiny objects were "fun". But I was ALWAYS thinking about the opportunity cost of his inclusion...you get me, Deuterz? You know, the other 89 minutes of the 3 out of 4 games when he didn't contribute to the team instead of losing myself in that one fleeting moment and losing all context? Seems someone might have brought this up recently in relation to another player...and in defense of their position. That person is prolly a hypocritical cunt!!!!!!!

See his goal against France. His goal against Crystal Palace. He scored big goals in big games too. He was a fantastic player. Just like RVV Berbatov andModric, it's not all about running past your opponent from the half way line at pace. Some 'modern' supporters think football is Fifa.
Just an observation, but his goal against France would have been saved by Lloris if it hadn't come off Koscielny's knee and curled into the corner. He did score a memorable couple of goals against the chavs, though.

I rated him, but I personally don't think he was near any of the players being mentioned in some of the posts above. Bale, Modric, Berbs were world-class without question. Dele has the same question mark as Richie floating over his head.

You make an interesting point about FIFA, I've played a LOT of it over the decades and maybe it does skew my view.

Just an observation, but his goal against France would have been saved by Lloris if it hadn't come off Koscielny's knee and curled into the corner. He did score a memorable couple of goals against the chavs, though.

I rated him, but I personally don't think he was near any of the players being mentioned in some of the posts above. Bale, Modric, Berbs were world-class without question. Dele has the same question mark as Richie floating over his head.

You make an interesting point about FIFA, I've played a LOT of it over the decades and maybe it does skew my view.
If you are citing Modic an Berbatov in the context I did you wouldn't mention Bale, so it's clear you did not understand the point I was making. As for the world class debate its not a particularly compelling one for me. Bowen of West Ham is a fantastic player his relationship or rank to other players in a world eleven not withstanding.

The point was football isn't all about running at pace as the late Stan Bowls would attest. Dele Alli at his best was a fantastic player combative possessed of wonderful timing capable of deft trickry and audacious finishing. He was head and shoulders above many of his contemporaries. And as they are the one percent playing elite men's football they themselves are outstanding. He was also limited and poorly coached ...all these things can be true. We can also have the my list of world class players chat too if you like. 👍

If you are citing Modic an Berbatov in the context I did you wouldn't mention Bale, so it's clear you did not understand the point I was making. As for the world class debate its not a particularly compelling one for me. Bowen of West Ham is a fantastic player his relationship or rank to other players in a world eleven not withstanding.

The point was football isn't all about running at pace as the late Stan Bowls would attest. Dele Alli at his best was a fantastic player combative possessed of wonderful timing capable of deft trickry and audacious finishing. He was head and shoulders above many of his contemporaries. And as they are the one percent playing elite men's football they themselves are outstanding. He was also limited and poorly coached ...all these things can be true. We can also have the my list of would class players chat too if you like. 👍
Fair points, I wasn't criticising your opinion, just sharing my perspective. I understood your point, I was referring to 'posts' plural, i.e. others had mentioned Bale.

Yeah, go on. I genuinely am curious about people views on this. I'm tempted to set up a poll, but I'd want to know the list of players beforehand so we don't waste the first wave of voters. Can't please everyone, obvs, but would be interesting to see how it went.

From just my time supporting Spurs:

Kane, Bale, Modric, Walker, Defoe, Berbatov, RVdV, Verts, Toby, King, Son, Dembele, Lloris, Vicario, Romero,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom