Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Dele has buckets more natural talent than Bale had at 19/20. Bale got good through hard work, even his athleticism was down to training on the right things and his technique improved a lot in his time with us through hard work perfecting it. If Dele can replicate that effort then he can become the better player I have no doubt.
Their game is significantly different though: Dele being more about technique than explosive speed.

However that's no bad thing - I agree Dele may well have the higher ceiling and less dependence on pace should give him a longer career with fewer injuries.

The club has to match his ambitions. His ceiling is so high, that he could easily surpass the likes of Bale. And that's not something I say lightly.

The danger is that we don't bring in the trophies that our players deserve for their ability. This would be the most likely reason for any exodus.

I don't think it will happen (because I think trophies will come) but it's always there as a concern. I don't see the likes of Lloris, Dele, Kane, Toby, Rose (& a host of others) going through a career in the PL without winning anything.

Yep, Bale was nowhere near Dele at this stage, not sure there is any better 20 year old in world football right now. Thing is though Bale went to the gym and also his game intelligence improved dramatically.

If Dele can work hard in the gym and become a monster like Bale or Ronaldo and combine that with continued improvements in his decision making which should get better as he gets older then yes he could become the best player at the club and potentially truly world class.

Dele will be a great player but how great is up to him, we also have to match his ambition as you say.

If Dele can work hard in the gym and become a monster like Bale or Ronaldo and combine that with continued improvements in his decision making which should get better as he gets older then yes he could become the best player at the club and potentially truly world class.
Unfortunately, I think Dele just isn't built like Bale or Ronaldo. At this stage in Bale and Ronaldo's career they were both much lankier than Dele, who has an inch or two on Ronaldo and Bale, respectively. When Bale and Ronaldo hit the gym they packed muscle onto an athlete's frame and became physical freaks of nature. They're both built like race horses now. Starting from scratch, Dele is just a physically larger person and heavier person, and there's not much room for him to pack on muscle in the same way without slowing him down.

Unfortunately, I think Dele just isn't built like Bale or Ronaldo. At this stage in Bale and Ronaldo's career they were both much lankier than Dele, who has an inch or two on Ronaldo and Bale, respectively. When Bale and Ronaldo hit the gym they packed muscle onto an athlete's frame and became physical freaks of nature. They're both built like race horses now. Starting from scratch, Dele is just a physically larger person and heavier person, and there's not much room for him to pack on muscle in the same way without slowing him down.

I think he will get bigger and stronger, but I agree that I don't see him going the same route as the other two mentioned and becoming a beast. I see him staying more slight like Henry was because as you say his height and frame are different from Ronaldo and Bale. He just doesn't need to become a beast to become the best player he can be, he only needs to strengthen and continue to develop his technique.

It always amazes me how people , pundits mostly, talk about wheelchair. His stats are bloody atrocious , he rarely impresses yet he's considered world class

Baffling
If only there was an explanation for it.

kSEPjdO.jpg

What the fuck are MotD doing spreading rumours anyway? Unless i missed something, they don't normally do that kind of thing. Oh yeah, its us isn't it - different rules for us.

God i hope we spank those fucks on Wednesday.

More backpage shite. I don't know when MotD started putting that stuff at the end of the show but they should stop. I don't want to hear about whatever shite the writers at tabloid sports sections have thought up to fill space, it's all lies for fucking morons and I actively try to avoid it.

Madrid apparently want him
Real Madrid lining up blockbuster move for Spurs' Dele Alli

Can't really see it. He's currently playing every week with his close mates, he looks like he loves every minute of it.

He's got probably another 12 years at the top levels to earn more money than he could have dreamed of even a couple of years ago. How many yachts or cars does he need?

Career risk moving to Real. Earn a fortune, but whats the point if you may not get a game? I don't watch Spanish football, so don't know who he'd replace.

These stories should be water of a ducks back for all of us by now. Every single week someone is being targeted, every single week no one leaves. I see Manure are again "targeting" Kane, just as they have been for the past 30 months!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom