Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not whilst Kane is around.

I completely disagree. Kane is very good, without a doubt, but I don't think he continues to improve much. He's a fantastic finisher but his overall game isn't as complete as you would want from one of our greatest ever players. Having said that, Dele has a long way to go. And in my lifetime our greatest players have been Modric and Bale, who sadly outgrew the club. Two top talents that are impossible to replace.

I completely disagree. Kane is very good, without a doubt, but I don't think he continues to improve much. He's a fantastic finisher but his overall game isn't as complete as you would want from one of our greatest ever players. Having said that, Dele has a long way to go. And in my lifetime our greatest players have been Modric and Bale, who sadly outgrew the club. Two top talents that are impossible to replace.

I'm sorry but if Kane, a Tottenham fan and one of our own, goes on to score 30+ goals a season for the next 10 years, he is going down as one of if not the greatest spurs player of all time. Easily.

I'm sorry but if Kane, a Tottenham fan and one of our own, goes on to score 30+ goals a season for the next 10 years, he is going down as one of if not the greatest spurs player of all time. Easily.

Take your head out of your ass. Who the player supports doesn't have any factor on his quality for the team. And that's also a big if. If he starts going on to play more consistently and starts beginning seasons well then he will be a much better player. But he needs to keep improving, not standing at the same point he is at. Dele has a much higher roof and had a much more prolific breakout season than Kane did for us.

Take your head out of your ass. Who the player supports doesn't have any factor on his quality for the team. And that's also a big if. If he starts going on to play more consistently and starts beginning seasons well then he will be a much better player. But he needs to keep improving, not standing at the same point he is at. Dele has a much higher roof and had a much more prolific breakout season than Kane did for us.

I disagree completely. Alli has shown far more inconsistencies than Kane has. I think Kane is a much better all round talent and will go down as a Tottenham great. Will Alli? Fuck knows. I doubt he'll even be at the club within the next 5 years.

I disagree completely. Alli has shown far more inconsistencies than Kane has. I think Kane is a much better all round talent and will go down as a Tottenham great. Will Alli? Fuck knows. I doubt he'll even be at the club within the next 5 years.

Based on what? Dele is clearly loving his time here and if the club can continue to grow there is no reason for him to leave. The boy is 20 and has shown that he has ability coming out the wazoo. Kane on the other hand has had the team built around him and we are constantly looking for ways to get the best out of him.

Based on what? Dele is clearly loving his time here and if the club can continue to grow there is no reason for him to leave. The boy is 20 and has shown that he has ability coming out the wazoo. Kane on the other hand has had the team built around him and we are constantly looking for ways to get the best out of him.

Kane is one of the main reasons we are where we are. You're right, Alli is only 20 and inconsistency is expected but a few fancy nutmegs and a goal against Palace isn't going to convince me he's going to be the greatest Spurs player ever. He's regressed this season for a start.

Glenn Hoddle has claimed that Dele Alli could go on to be the greatest player in Tottenham’s history.
Tottenham news: Alli could be Spurs' greatest ever - Hoddle
Only a day or so before Hoddle:

"Dele Alli is a wonderful, wonderful player, He reminds me of Glenn Hoddle quite a lot. In fact, the more I see of him, the more I think that, because he is developing.

"When he arrived, he was kind of just a 'normal' midfielder. Now he does things differently. He has an air of arrogance about him that I like. Glenn had it as well, so did Paul Gascoigne. I like that.

- Ossie Ardiles

The fact Hoddle supported Spurs endeared him to the crowd immediately... likewise Kane.
If Kane had been signed for £X,000,000 from another club, I think his brief barren spells would've been met with indifference... having said that, we've seemed to be quite patient with Janssen, and, as far as I know, he doesn't support Spurs! Then again, Tommy Carroll, Ryan Mason and Townsend support Spurs... they are/were hardly crowd favourites though!

So maybe it doesn't really matter who they support... the only difference is they get a song of their own!

If they give their all for the TEAM, and show genuine quality, then in effect they ARE supporting our club, by virtue of playing well for us, regardless of who they really support!
:defoe:
(am pretty sure Defoe was a Gooner growing up!)

The fact Hoddle supported Spurs endeared him to the crowd immediately... likewise Kane.
If Kane had been signed for £X,000,000 from another club, I think his brief barren spells would've been met with indifference... having said that, we've seemed to be quite patient with Janssen, and, as far as I know, he doesn't support Spurs! Then again, Tommy Carroll, Ryan Mason and Townsend support Spurs... they are/were hardly crowd favourites though!

So maybe it doesn't really matter who they support... the only difference is they get a song of their own!

If they give their all for the TEAM, and show genuine quality, then in effect they ARE supporting our club, by virtue of playing well for us, regardless of who they really support!
:defoe:
(am pretty sure Defoe was a Gooner growing up!)

Ryan Mason is a Chelsea fan.

Ryan Mason is a Chelsea fan.
I thought that he was a Chelsea 'fan' in the same way that Kane was an Woolwich 'fan.' Mason has said on numerous times in interviews over the years that he supports Spurs and he used to regularly go to games at the Lane.

Take his recent tweet after the Hull game for example, hardly sounds like the words of a Chelsea fan:

script>

The kid and yes he is a kid tries things no one else in our squad will to beat a man, if you want to train that out of him you'll lose half of his quality. He's in a poor run of form but questioning his audacity is like telling Gazza to be more like Jenas
Agreed. What's bothering me more with Dele at the moment is his attitude. No doubt he gets some stick from opposition players like all top players do, and I think maybe he feels he's not getting enough protection from referees. Whatever the reason, he's going down too easy, not to mention the dive the other week. There was an example against Burnley I think, he went down on the halfway line, no foul given, we broke forward with Eriksen and Dele is still on the deck looking for the ref instead of being available to join in the attack. I just think he needs to concentrate on staying on his feet and making the best contribution possible for the team.

I thought that he was a Chelsea 'fan' in the same way that Kane was an Woolwich 'fan.' Mason has said on numerous times in interviews over the years that he supports Spurs and he used to regularly go to games at the Lane.

Take his recent tweet after the Hull game for example, hardly sounds like the words of a Chelsea fan:

script>

No idea. A friend of his Dad used to post regularly on Glory Glory and mentioned it. I suppose coming through the ranks of one London club who provide your income, give you opportunities etc you're bound to have some sort of fondness.

He could be a lifelong Woolwich fan from Japan and he'd still be one of the greatest Spurs players of all time if he was putting up those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom