Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had a poor game, he's 20 years old, he is one of the best young midfielders in world football, let's not get too over the top.
But it's not as if he was trying to create chances and dictate play. He'd get the ball, wait to be closed down and try to nutmeg them but lose possession. It happened about 10 times and it tells me he's playing for himself rather than the team, as if he's marketing himself as the nutmeg king so he feels like he needs to get a few in each game.

I would be very tempted to drop him for Hull and bring him back for Burnley, if he thinks he's playing for his place he will contribute far more to the team. The only issue is there's no one really worthy of replacing him at the moment.

But it's not as if he was trying to create chances and dictate play. He'd get the ball, wait to be closed down and try to nutmeg them but lose possession. It happened about 10 times and it tells me he's playing for himself rather than the team, as if he's marketing himself as the nutmeg king so he feels like he needs to get a few in each game.

I would be very tempted to drop him for Hull and bring him back for Burnley, if he thinks he's playing for his place he will contribute far more to the team. The only issue is there's no one really worthy of replacing him at the moment.
Yep, I agree he should be dropped. Poch has done that a few times with him, expect the same. But we will have to endure a number of games where he offers little as he matures as a player.

Fans are as much to blame on his nutmegs as him, wanking over everyone with slow motion replays and providing running totals like they are are the most essential aspect of a footballers ability.

He was so poor yesterday. Lost count of the times he had a simple pass on and tried to nutmeg someone and lost possession. I am fine with it in the box trying to beat a defender to get s shot in, but trying to nutmeg people at the half way line is fucking stupid.

If Lamela or Janssen was fit you could drop him but against teams that are going to defend you need players that can take chances and he is still more likely to score than any of the other alternatives.

So if it's 1-1 at OT today 2 mins to go and Alli breaks into their box, gets challenged and goes down easily but the ref says pen (unlikely as it's OT) you wouldn't take it!

Righto
Nobody has a choice - one way or another! He can do what the fuck he likes and unless he calls me to be his muse or swami he will continue to do so.
Nonsense question.

What would you rather see Spurs players do - play so well they don't have to resort to conning refs,
or try to con refs until they get a reputation for it and actually get carded even for genuine fouls?

(Loaded question of the year award submission by M Cooper)

I don't understand why people have a problem with wanting to elevate yourself above the bottom of the barrel.

"But we have got a great side and we are happy to sit underneath the radar and just keep picking up points.

"It is no good being good in halves of games or in one game and not in the next one. When we find our rhythm, I am sure we will be a great team again."

This this and this.
Good to hear....we have to drop this hysterical attitude that something is wrong at the club and we've lost our way and we dont have the squad and maybe need a new manager etc etc etc.

We have a very solid unit of players, great team spirit, and an excellent young manager, not to mention the off field progress.

Im sure some will pick up on the one line and retort "but we arent picking up any points" etc, but thats the nature of the beast, look at the table....there's only two teams not dropping points at this stage.

Cant wait for the next game

Mr Righteous Mick Cooper Mick Cooper Dele Alli's worst supporter!
Why don't you support a club that will suit your brand of puritanical bollocks?
why don't you go and fuck yourself with an IED?

funny that mr Samaritan is now championing the cause of serial cheating, just because it happens to be a Spurs player.

Actually I don't think you are - It's just that you are just so childish and immature, that any excuse to try to ridicule me, or take me to task over posts is an urge you can't suppress.
Put me on ignore and stop the personal vendetta shit.

As I have said before - I take no opportunity to condemn or attempt ridicule for any of your posts, in an effort to stop us getting drawn into stupid spats and post exchanges. The board is riddled with that brand of fuckwittery enough as it is. The fact is, you are actually shit at it as well, and its tedious for everyone to have to plough through.

Oh and your facile remark about being Alli's worst supporter, wrong again, as usual. I love him as a footballer and dislike all footballers who are serial cheats. It pains me beyond measure to see that someone as talented as him, with so much potential, has added this shite into his game.

Without Dele trying audacious things, you dont get goals like the one against Palace, or Everton away.....we are all slating him for cutting back at Old Trafford.

What happens if he tries to put it in the top corner first time though and misses? Everyone and their dog will say he has to mature and look for Kane in the middle.......

Again, let him be a kid. Imagine trying to shackle Paul Gascoigne???

He's should have been taken off v Utd, I agree, but not for trying something special. Thats EXACTLY what we needed in that game, someone to dare, and have a go...like Sissoko did.

I would'nt drop him for Hull personally, full strength and we go again I hope.

Nobody has a choice - one way or another! He can do what the fuck he likes and unless he calls me to be his muse or swami he will continue to do so.
Nonsense question.

What would you rather see Spurs players do - play so well they don't have to resort to conning refs,
or try to con refs until they get a reputation for it and actually get carded even for genuine fouls?

(Loaded question of the year award submission by M Cooper)

I don't understand why people have a problem with wanting to elevate yourself above the bottom of the barrel.

Hardly bottom of the barrel Mick!

I just want us to win and I did mention in the match thread about Sissoko NOT going to ground when challenged in the box on 75 mins with quite heavy contact
Could have got us a pen

We'll never know because he played it the way you want, got knocked off the ball, then made a similar challenge on Carrick to get the ball back who did go straight to ground and Madley duly gave them a free kick

So we fucking lost at OT again

I'm just fed up with it!

But we've both had our say so let's agree to disagree as I don't get involved in cunt offs now!

Hopefully we'll get back on track against Hull

Last edited:
Hardly bottom of the barrel Mick!

I just want us to win and I did mention in the match thread about Sissoko NOT going to ground when challenged in the box on 75 mins with quite heavy contact
Could have got us a pen

We'll never know because he played it the way you want, got knocked off the ball, made a similar challenge on Carrick who did go straight to ground and Madley ducky gave them a free kick

So we fucking lost at OT again

I'm just fed up with it!

But we've both had our say so let's agree to disagree as I don't get involved in cunt offs now!

Hopefully we'll get back on track against Hull
I thought it was a level headed discussion - I'm not insulting you, or getting upset by your opinion, neither am I condemning you for it.
I'm just sticking up for mine.

I missed the game on saturday as I was coming back from hospital, visiting my mum who has contracted the CPE/CSE hospital superbug. I took a quick look at the match thread and saw it was full of the same brand of tits who love nothing more than the thrill of slagging off everything about the club and gave up. Haven't watched highlights or read through the thread. I find it so dispiriting seeing nothing but posts from Tourettes Totti who thinks that everything needs to be commented on, in an effort to show what a wholesome football expert he is.

What I meant was the concept of cheating at sport was the "bottom of the barrel" not that the club or even Alli are.

I thought it was a level headed discussion - I'm not insulting you, or getting upset by your opinion, neither am I condemning you for it.
I'm just sticking up for mine.

I missed the game on saturday as I was coming back from hospital, visiting my mum who has contracted the CPE/CSE hospital superbug. I took a quick look at the match thread and saw it was full of the same brand of tits who love nothing more than the thrill of slagging off everything about the club and gave up. Haven't watched highlights or read through the thread. I find it so dispiriting seeing nothing but posts from Tourettes Totti who thinks that everything needs to be commented on, in an effort to show what a wholesome football expert he is.

What I meant was the concept of cheating at sport was the "bottom of the barrel" not that the club or even Alli are.

Fair enough but I wonder what 'Tourette's Totti' will come back with!

Be very scared!!
:angryscouser:

I was just curious if others have the same observation regarding Dele as I have this season. I don't know if it is by instruction (I assume it would be) but Dele is almost exclusively playing as a supporting striker now. When he broke in he was more of a box to box type, or that is what I remember at least.

I think with him further forward he isn't getting involved as much as he did last year. He also has an eye for a pass but now as it is he is usually to far forward to find an early ball to put someone through.

I was just curious if others have the same observation regarding Dele as I have this season. I don't know if it is by instruction (I assume it would be) but Dele is almost exclusively playing as a supporting striker now. When he broke in he was more of a box to box type, or that is what I remember at least.

I think with him further forward he isn't getting involved as much as he did last year. He also has an eye for a pass but now as it is he is usually to far forward to find an early ball to put someone through.

That's a very good point - he did get involved more in the creation of opportunities last season in a deeper role, sometimes next to Dier.

I think Poch rates his ability to take defenders on and arrive into the box higher than his ability to influence the midfield battle, which is fair enough. You can't expect him to be everywhere every game, and he is very good at timing his runs. Long-term I think seeing him as a second striker type player makes sense, but he will have to improve on his finishing if so.

He can legitimately play as a box-to-box midfielder, or a second-striker- but I would love it if he took on the box-to-box role as his primary position. He has so much ability to play defense as well as offense that he could play as a more traditional CM in an extremely attack minded team in the future to great effect. I feel like he would be incredible as a LM in a 3 man midfield. Hes got a bit of a hardman type in him- he wants to rough up if not clown opp players on the pitch. I love it. It's a bit insane that we were able to discover and sign him before any of the other big clubs...

The kid and yes he is a kid tries things no one else in our squad will to beat a man, if you want to train that out of him you'll lose half of his quality. He's in a poor run of form but questioning his audacity is like telling Gazza to be more like Jenas

Back
Top Bottom