Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele was awful again, but I don't think he knows what he's doing out there and certainly isn't able to execute anything intentionally.
he has no excuses, whether he knows what hes meant to be doing is irrelevant. he cant do the basics with the ball, position and gameplan have nothing to do with how many times hes losing the ball, how soft he looks in the middle of whats meant to be a battle, his immaturity and poncyness of wanting to risk possession to pull off a little nutmeg to appease kids. technically hes one of the worst players going at this level. for someone whos fairly big in stature he has fuck all power in him. skipp shows more power and hes half his size.

he doesnt even look like he wants to be there now, if he did you would see some aggression, he thinks he has the ability of berbatov when in reality hes more on ability terms with winks.

he has no excuses, whether he knows what hes meant to be doing is irrelevant. he cant do the basics with the ball, position and gameplan have nothing to do with how many times hes losing the ball, how soft he looks in the middle of whats meant to be a battle, his immaturity and poncyness of wanting to risk possession to pull off a little nutmeg to appease kids. technically hes one of the worst players going at this level. for someone whos fairly big in stature he has fuck all power in him. skipp shows more power and hes half his size.

he doesnt even look like he wants to be there now, if he did you would see some aggression, he thinks he has the ability of berbatov when in reality hes more on ability terms with winks.

TBF it doesn't look like he doesn't want to be a Spurs specifically.

Just seems like he doesn't care about football at all.

Whatever that position he was playing yesterday was, it was clear after 15 minutes he couldn't play it.
I don't think he can play in a 433 he needs to be in a 4231 with a double-pivot behind him and preferably a creator next to him. That way he can do the one thing he was good at, get in the box and score. Basically he needs Dembele\Wanyama behind him and an Eriksen alongside him doing all the stuff he can't do.

Right now it's like we had a guy who was a good at 1 thing and shit at everything else. Now we've taken away the 1 thing he was good at so he's just totally shit.

These positions that they played meant there was literally NO midfield........
I’ve never understood why people think football is like that film, was it Total Recall? When if they went out of a zone their heads blew up…..

Here’s a thought: They ARE the midfield….
If you see a big gaping hole, maybe go and fill it.

Wow, amazing rocket science stuff I know, but imagine that! Running to the ball!

I’ve never understood why people think football is like that film, was it Total Recall? When if they went out of a zone their heads blew up…..

Here’s a thought: They ARE the midfield….
If you see a big gaping hole, maybe go and fill it.

The Running Man. :thumbup:

Wow, amazing rocket science stuff I know, but imagine that! Running to the ball!

Countless times yesterday our player was nearer to the ball in terms of making an interception and yet some goon cunt got there first......

Seen a sickening amount of that over the last 2 seasons or more.

It's like the gesture is more important to them than the intent.

Last edited:
Yeah and he was also the one working hardest back to make up for losing the ball in the aftermath.

He could have scored a couple another day and fuck knows not much was created.
Yeah he made the mistake so wanted to save his reputation.
If Dele list that ball, you think Kane would have run back like that? Me me me me me…..

Yeah he could have scored a couple, but missed a sitter and blasted one ten meters over the bar. Anything else going for him yesterday?

What's baffling is you think that the first half performance had anything to do with the players, let alone one specific one.

Why was Dele playing so high up the pitch (high wide left)? Why was PEH playing so high up the pitch (almost as a roaming number 10)? Why was Ndombele playing so wide on the left he had chalk on his boots?

These positions that they played meant there was literally NO midfield........

FAOWq-3WEAI3eyv

FAOWq-_X0AAwcfA

FAOrTx1XoAcT4pI

FAOrTyTVkAEddYn

This was the most negligent managerial display I've seen since Sherwood (I lie Jose in Europe with us was as negligent as this) loads of times different managers get stuff wrong but to basically play without a midfield, get ripped to shreds as a consequence and don't do anything about it until halftime is beyond a joke.

Beggars believe that people don't see this and still choose to pick individual scapegoats.
actually this is a good post in regards to yesterday but generally speaking Dele should never be a starter in a box to box role.

Fucking hell (not having a pop at you personally mate) but this kind of stuff is utter bollocks!! Where Son's numbers, where's Kane's numbers, where's Lucas numbers? who I might add were our forwards, I can't even be bothered to go and make the comparison but I think we can all agree that they would look almost identical!!!

This is the reason why those numbers and the numbers of those I mentioned, INCLUDING Ndombele, PEH who were in midfield too would no different.....

Fucking hell (not having a pop at you personally mate) but this kind of stuff is utter bollocks!! Where Son's numbers, where's Kane's numbers, where's Lucas numbers? who I might add were our forwards, I can't even be bothered to go and make the comparison but I think we can all agree that they would look almost identical!!!

This is the reason why those numbers and the numbers of those I mentioned, INCLUDING Ndombele, PEH who were in midfield too would no different.....

The other players stats are not as bad.. that's for sure.

Also the difference with players like Son, Kane, Lucas etc is they have not been playing like shit for 3 seasons now.. and have shown a hell of a lot more than Dele.

Back
Top Bottom