Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The other players stats are not as bad.. that's for sure.

Also the difference with players like Son, Kane, Lucas etc is they have not been playing like shit for 3 seasons now.. and have shown a hell of a lot more than Dele.
Yes they are mate....
The first correction to the above is that Dele lost possession 2 times not the 8 as stated!!! So I'm questioning right off the bat the validity of the numbers.

But here are 30 mins of my life I will not get back to prove it to you the numbers are as bad (BECAUSE OF THE TACTICS OF THE MANGER). So that a comparison can be made I've kept the left column as 1st half, the 2nd half is shown on the right).

Lucas (let's also bear in mind this is an AM we are referencing here not a Midfielder)
0 shots (2 in the second half 1 on target)
0 successful dribbles (3 successful in 2nd half)
0 key passes (1 in the second half
0 accurate crosses (0 in 90mins)
0 accurate long balls (0 in 90mins)
0 tackle (0 in 90 mins)
2 possession lost (1 2nd half - x3 in 90 mins)
100% take-on success (3/3 in 90 mins)
0% ground duels won (0/2)

Kane
0 shots (5 in second half 1 on target, 3 off target, 1 blocked)
0 successful dribbles (0 successful in 90 mins)
0 key passes (0 in 90mins)
0 accurate long balls (2 in 90mins)
0 tackle (0 in 90 mins)
1 possession lost (1 2nd half - x2 in 90 mins)
0% ground duels won (0/1) (Lost 1 in 2nd half which resulted in Saka scoring)

Son
1 shots (1 in the second half both on target in 90 mins)
0 successful dribbles (1 successful in 2nd half)
1 key passes (2 in the second half, 3 across 90 mins)
0 accurate crosses (2 in 90mins)
0 tackle (1 in 90 mins)
2 possession lost (2 2nd half - x4 in 90 mins)
50% take-on success (2/4 in 90 mins)
50% ground duels won (1/2 in 90 mins)

Ndombele (played 45mins)
0 shots
4 successful dribbles
0 key passes
0 accurate crosses
0 accurate long balls
2 tackle
3 possession lost
100% take-on success (4/4 in 45 mins)
100% ground duels won (2/2)

PEH
0 shots (0 in second half)
0 successful dribbles (0 successful in 2nd half)
0 key passes (0 in second half)
1 tackle (3 in 90 mins)
1 possession lost (0 2nd half - x1 in 90 mins)
100% take-on success (0/0 in 90 mins)
76% ground duels won (4/5)

To make it easier to compare here's a cut and past of the Dele numbers posted so they are on the same page (I've adjusted the lost possession number from 8 to 2). I've also double-checked the figures and also found that the tackle stats were also wrong!!
Dele
0 shots
0 successful dribbles
0 key passes
0 accurate crosses
0 accurate long balls
2 tackle
2x possession lost
0% take-on success (0/2)

So, as I said not really anything between them!!! But what's most annoying is the data chosen isn't really the data that's pertinent to a midfield 8, but if someone wants to make someone look shit best chose a data set that suits an attacking player. It's just in this case our attackers returned almost fucking identical numbers!!!

I'll get on with making my cuppa now.

Fucking hell (not having a pop at you personally mate) but this kind of stuff is utter bollocks!! Where Son's numbers, where's Kane's numbers, where's Lucas numbers? who I might add were our forwards, I can't even be bothered to go and make the comparison but I think we can all agree that they would look almost identical!!!

This is the reason why those numbers and the numbers of those I mentioned, INCLUDING Ndombele, PEH who were in midfield too would no different.....

Bit like the good old days under Ossie. 5 up and 5 back...leaving Colin calderwood in midfield.

He's like the ghost car you get on racing games showing you how good you used to be. But you can't physically interact with the real world. That's his impact.
Either play him up behind a striker or don’t bother. It was one of those games when you didn’t even realise he was playing.
Nuno has given him a run in the team . Not up to it.
Need to loan him out, get him playing again in the hope of getting a decent fee. Same probably applies to Ndombele

Yes they are mate....
The first correction to the above is that Dele lost possession 2 times not the 8 as stated!!! So I'm questioning right off the bat the validity of the numbers.

But here are 30 mins of my life I will not get back to prove it to you the numbers are as bad (BECAUSE OF THE TACTICS OF THE MANGER). So that a comparison can be made I've kept the left column as 1st half, the 2nd half is shown on the right).

Lucas (let's also bear in mind this is an AM we are referencing here not a Midfielder)
0 shots (2 in the second half 1 on target)
0 successful dribbles (3 successful in 2nd half)
0 key passes (1 in the second half
0 tackle (0 in 90 mins)
2 possession lost (1 2nd half - x3 in 90 mins)
0% ground duels won (0/2)

Kane
0 shots (5 in second half 1 on target, 3 off target, 1 blocked)
0 successful dribbles (0 successful in 90 mins)
0 key passes (0 in 90mins)
0 accurate long balls (2 in 90mins)
0 tackle (0 in 90 mins)
1 possession lost (1 2nd half - x2 in 90 mins)
0% ground duels won (0/1) (Lost 1 in 2nd half which resulted in Saka scoring)

Son
1 shots (1 in the second half both on target in 90 mins)
0 successful dribbles (1 successful in 2nd half)
1 key passes (2 in the second half, 3 across 90 mins)
0 accurate crosses (2 in 90mins)
0 tackle (1 in 90 mins)
2 possession lost (2 2nd half - x4 in 90 mins)
50% take-on success (2/4 in 90 mins)
50% ground duels won (1/2 in 90 mins)

Ndombele (played 45mins)
0 shots
4 successful dribbles
0 key passes
0 accurate crosses
0 accurate long balls
2 tackle
3 possession lost
100% take-on success (4/4 in 45 mins)

PEH
0 shots (0 in second half)
0 successful dribbles (0 successful in 2nd half)
0 key passes (0 in second half)
1 tackle (3 in 90 mins)
1 possession lost (0 2nd half - x1 in 90 mins)
100% take-on success (0/0 in 90 mins)
76% ground duels won (4/5)

To make it easier to compare here's a cut and past of the Dele numbers posted so they are on the same page (I've adjusted the lost possession number from 8 to 2). I've also double-checked the figures and also found that the tackle stats were also wrong!!
Dele
0 shots
0 successful dribbles
0 key passes
0 accurate crosses
0 accurate long balls
2 tackle
2x possession lost
0% take-on success (0/2)

So, as I said not really anything between them!!! But what's most annoying is the data chosen isn't really the data that's pertinent to a midfield 8, but if someone wants to make someone look shit best chose a data set that suits an attacking player. It's just in this case our attackers returned almost fucking identical numbers!!!

I'll get on with making my cuppa now.
So what. . Compare all those players over the past few seasons then. The more data the better.. and a one off game is not something that any decision should be made on. But 3 seasons worth of data sure is.

Either play him up behind a striker or don’t bother. It was one of those games when you didn’t even realise he was playing.
Nuno has given him a run in the team . Not up to it.
Need to loan him out, get him playing again in the hope of getting a decent fee. Same probably applies to Ndombele
We're going to have even less depth we if loan out Dele and Ndombele

So what. . Compare all those players over the past few seasons then. The more data the better.. and a one off game is not something that any decision should be made on. But 3 seasons worth of data sure is.
So let me see, I’ve just proved you categorically wrong, your response is to then say “so what”??!! Then, you ignore the actual point of the post which was stats in just that game now you want to make it historic!!! A simple sorry I fucked that up would have sufficed.

Anyway, do you think hypothetically, if Poch came back, would he sort Dele out or would Dele be like Lennon was when Poch arrived, in that he'd be one to get rid of and toxic in terms of going forward as a club?

Anyway, do you think hypothetically, if Poch came back, would he sort Dele out or would Dele be like Lennon was when Poch arrived, in that he'd be one to get rid of and toxic in terms of going forward as a club?

There is nothing to sort out Dele sucks.

Unless Poch is bringing back prime Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Toby, Jan, Wanyama, Rose and Walker back for Dele to leech off and the team yo make up for his deficiencies than no way will he get back.

Even if we brought those players in much better to have someone who understands the game and can pass the ball rather than Dele who can do neither.

So let me see, I’ve just proved you categorically wrong, your response is to then say “so what”??!! Then, you ignore the actual point of the post which was stats in just that game now you want to make it historic!!! A simple sorry I fucked that up would have sufficed.
So sorry you are right about 1 effing game.

Who the hell cares about that.. what about all the games the past 3 seasons or so. This is not about who is right and who is wrong. It's about Dele.. and I said "so what" as even if he performed like superman the last game.. that doesn't make up for the past 3 seasons. Why focus on just the 1 game when you can look back and see this downwards trend with him...

Nuno is at fault for replacing Skipp with Dele, and expecting him to do a similar job. What exactly was the "game plan"? Nuno is also the one telling Kane to drop this deep.
I don’t think Nuno has a clue what system he’s trying to implement and this rubs off on the players including Alli

Play him up front beside Kane and let them switch or not at at all

I’ve never understood why people think football is like that film, was it Total Recall? When if they went out of a zone their heads blew up…..

Here’s a thought: They ARE the midfield….
If you see a big gaping hole, maybe go and fill it.

Wow, amazing rocket science stuff I know, but imagine that! Running to the ball!
But what if your manager has told you to ‘hug’ the touchline to ‘stretch’ your opponents?

So when that doesn’t work like the first 45 mins it’s up to the manager to change things

Nuno didn’t

But what if your manager has told you to ‘hug’ the touchline to ‘stretch’ your opponents?

So when that doesn’t work like the first 45 mins it’s up to the manager to change things

Nuno didn’t
You think Zlatan would watch an opponent waltz past him because his manager said so?

I remember the Graham Taylor England doc……”Carlton! Carlton! Wot the fok is eee doing opp there??!!”

And that’s Carlton Palmer using initiative…
:harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom