Director of Football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not too worried since we have Steven and Rebecca still. It will be interesting to see who replaces Trevor.
It's not so much a "worry" more a question of why?

His appointment was hailed as something as a logical one but regardless of the individual, it was widely acknowledged that it was a logical position for the Club to have. Just bizarre how a Snr position like this lasts less 3 months.

In order for him to have gone through the process of being appointed by the EFL it meant he would have started talking to them about a month after being appointed at Spurs (maybe even before).

Birch is leaving to become Executive Director of the EFL.

So a short stint in charge but Hitchen and Rebecca who's surname I constantly forget remain in their positions as Technical and Administrative director respectively.

It will be interesting to see who we replace him with. And good luck to Trevor on sorting out the EFL.

De Mornay?

His appointment was hailed as something as a logical one but regardless of the individual, it was widely acknowledged that it was a logical position for the Club to have. Just bizarre how a Snr position like this lasts less 3 months.

In order for him to have gone through the process of being appointed by the EFL it meant he would have started talking to them about a month after being appointed at Spurs (maybe even before).
Based on the comments from Trevor himself on our site he was more or less headhunted by the EFL and it was an offer he "couldn't refuse".

What makes you so certain? They might've identified him as their man, and only approached him/Spurs a couple of weeks ago.

And once it was decided he was their man, we might've just decided it was better to move on straight away, rather than serving any notice period. Presumably we're much less threatened by him going to the EFL than another club

It is odd and he was only at Swansea for a relatively short period before us. He Must be good i guess?

Based on the comments from Trevor himself on our site he was more or less headhunted by the EFL and it was an offer he "couldn't refuse".
Yeah, gets a new job that he's going to give his all in, can't wait to get started, big challenge, looking forward to it...............but let's just have a series of interviews somewhere else before I really knuckle down.

What if he was involved in making people redundant or if he had to fire anyone since he's been here, imagine how they could feel. I get shit happens and hey, maybe after a couple of weeks it was actually us thought this fella wasn\t up to much or that his face didn't fit, so they were telling him that he will not see out his probationary period???? But honestly, no matter the circumstances a high-profile hire such as this to only last 3 months only highlights a really poor process at the Club. It fails to identify a chancer, someone not committed, not the right fit or not good enough.

The man has a history of short term jobs, but this might be a record for him. Apparently the EFL asked the club if they could approach Trevor and DL gave them his blessing. It's a bigger job and will probably be a lot more money, so fair play. The club won't appoint in a rush the role is so new that the old guard can easily cover for a while.

Marc Overmars is leaving his role as sporting director at Ajax in the summer.

Gooner past aside this is tempting. He is a good sporting director and knows how to build good teams on a budget.

Marc Overmars is leaving his role as sporting director at Ajax in the summer.

Gooner past aside this is tempting.
He is a good sporting director and knows how to build good teams on a budget.

I always find it hard to put that aside. If only we would know that it works, because it would piss off the Gooners.

If there are other alternatives, I'd rather have someone who is Gooner-free.

We really need a guy like campos to assist Levy . He is doing a good job and his next golden boy Angel Gomes will be another success .

Yeah, gets a new job that he's going to give his all in, can't wait to get started, big challenge, looking forward to it...............but let's just have a series of interviews somewhere else before I really knuckle down.

What if he was involved in making people redundant or if he had to fire anyone since he's been here, imagine how they could feel. I get shit happens and hey, maybe after a couple of weeks it was actually us thought this fella wasn\t up to much or that his face didn't fit, so they were telling him that he will not see out his probationary period???? But honestly, no matter the circumstances a high-profile hire such as this to only last 3 months only highlights a really poor process at the Club. It fails to identify a chancer, someone not committed, not the right fit or not good enough.

I can't think what now, but I read something at the time of his hire that made me think he was just 'passing through'.

I can't think what now, but I read something at the time of his hire that made me think he was just 'passing through'.
I think the only thing that could have given that impression is his history/longevity at his previous Clubs, but my understanding is he was there to do very niche and specific job, which lent itself to a short hire.

The indications with us were very different I think, we changed our management team to accommodate him, this doesn't support a short term hire in my eyes.

Yup Luis Campos has left - just a question of where he goes - and joining Jose Mourhino is a real possibility given Mourhino watching games with Campos between JM leaving ManU and joining Spurs

Back
Top Bottom