Director of Football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no chance of a DOF now after this window.
Not necessarily a bad thing, going by the last year;
Ndombele
Lo Celso (made permanent this summer)
Clark (investment for future)
Sess (investment for future)
Bergwijn
Reggie
Doherty
Bale
Hojbjerg
Vinicious
Hart

Ndombele
Bergwijn
Reggie
Doherty
Bale
Hojbjerg
Vinicious
Hart
it's a tough one, like I said I'm satisfied with this transfer window but I do think there was an element of chance and not so much of a plan. We eventually got a striker but we had to do a lot of back and forth before we got one. I would just rather a DOF sorting all this stuff out with Mourinho.

There is no chance of a DOF now after this window.
We have one.

Hitchen was promoted from head scout to Technical Performance Director with the recent restructuring. He fulfills the traditional role of a DOF. With Birch ahead of him as the Director of Football Operations (overseeing the day to day football business).

Our football department is structured as Hitchen and Caplehorn as the heads of recruitment and administration respectively. With Birch as the man they report to/answer to who has the greater responsibility for our "football department". Levy then chairs a board consisting of those three.

We have one.

Hitchen was promoted from head scout to Technical Performance Director with the recent restructuring. He fulfills the traditional role of a DOF. With Birch ahead of him as the Director of Football Operations (overseeing the day to day football business).

Our football department is structured as Hitchen and Caplehorn as the heads of recruitment and administration respectively. With Birch as the man they report to/answer to who has the greater responsibility for our "football department". Levy then chairs a board consisting of those three.

Happy with that if that is the cases

Happy with that if that is the cases
Club painted a pretty clear picture IMO in the announcement.

Caplehorn: In charge of administration, contracts, contact with FA, UEFA etc.
Hitchen: In charge of player recruitment and scouting.
Birch: In charge of developing our football department.

Ndombele
Bergwijn
Reggie
Doherty
Bale
Hojbjerg
Vinicious
Hart

Never knew we were after Sid Vicious?

it's a tough one, like I said I'm satisfied with this transfer window but I do think there was an element of chance and not so much of a plan. We eventually got a striker but we had to do a lot of back and forth before we got one. I would just rather a DOF sorting all this stuff out with Mourinho.
Honestly, with COVID and everything going on right now I think that was the plan. To me our plan was...

1. Get in replacements at our MOST critical needs (RB and CDM), we did that early on with Doherty and Hojbejeg

2. Let the market "come to us" in a sense. With COVID, we knew there would be opportunities and so we were patient and let deals fall into our lap.

It may not make sense in most windows but with the unique circumstances I think it makes a lot of sense.

Birch is leaving to become Executive Director of the EFL.

So a short stint in charge but Hitchen and Rebecca who's surname I constantly forget remain in their positions as Technical and Administrative director respectively.

It will be interesting to see who we replace him with. And good luck to Trevor on sorting out the EFL.

So far Jose's transfers/loans.

Bergwijn 7/10
Gedson 3/10 wont be bought
Reggie 10/10
Doherty 3/10 might get better
Bale 3/10 might get better
Hojbjerg 10/10
Vinicious 7/10
Hart 1/10 wont get much better

Its been a mixed bag really. But I'd rather Jose has more control instead of introducing another entity in the mix.

Birch is leaving to become Executive Director of the EFL.

So a short stint in charge but Hitchen and Rebecca who's surname I constantly forget remain in their positions as Technical and Administrative director respectively.

It will be interesting to see who we replace him with. And good luck to Trevor on sorting out the EFL.
What a clusterfuck this role seems to be at Spurs!

Matthew Collecott, Finance and Operations Director, will oversee football operations through to the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom