Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Came up at Fulham, right?

Home for life, now, unless he bombs.
Yeah, then went up to Middlesbrough, loaned to Nottingham Forest, and now maybe coming to Tottenham....

He's basically been working his way back down the country!

I imagine he'll end up at Southampton or Brighton is it doesn't work out with us!

He isn't first choice, is he? I mean, he's just come up from the championship so surely he doesn't walk into the top slot.
Figure he'll battle it out with Doherty, and Emerson if he stays. Perisic might play a bit on the right as well, who knows?

Spence will start the season as backup to Doherty I would imagine. Late game appearances and some cup games until he's settled. Maybe a league match against a bottom table side or newly relegated side we will probably play in August.

I would not be surprised if he ends the season with 25-30 appearances though. Doc ending with around 35.

It seems like we’re trying to strengthen every position to the point where we can afford having two trash players plus a Championship kid at RWB. Cuti just babysit whoever the fook is over there.

Spence will start the season as backup to Doherty I would imagine. Late game appearances and some cup games until he's settled. Maybe a league match against a bottom table side or newly relegated side we will probably play in August.

I would not be surprised if he ends the season with 25-30 appearances though. Doc ending with around 35.
Doherty as a starter is very meh.

A great one for the future, but surely we need to buying a champions league quality player in these wing back positions. I know Doherty finished the season well. Djed for me would be behind him or even in front if he performs well but we need a big big player coming in there surely?

It seems like we’re trying to strengthen every position to the point where we can afford having two trash players plus a Championship kid at RWB. Cuti just babysit whoever the fook is over there.
fact is, you can't get quality in every position unless you're very lucky or very very rich.. City have years made do with Zinchenko at LB.

Only Liverpool have a full starting 11 without a gaping hole somewhere, but even they'd probably want a creative mid.

A great one for the future, but surely we need to buying a champions league quality player in these wing back positions. I know Doherty finished the season well. Djed for me would be behind him or even in front if he performs well but we need a big big player coming in there surely?
I think these get until January

(Or the winter window interval)

Doherty had like 6-8 great games in two years and now a nasty injury. It’s not looking good
I think "great games" is overegging it. Doherty had a couple of decent games towards the end of the season, as Conte's tactical demands finally clicked.

His technique is poor for a PL player, and he doesn't have much pace. As Mourinho proved by playing Doherty at RB, he's also poor defensively.

At Wolves, he was a system RWB, making inside runs into the box whilst Traore (or whomever was playing RW) took the defending FB out wide.

So, just as Conte tweaked his system when Emerson (a good defender, but lacking confidence as an attacker) played, so I think he tweaked his system to play to Doherty's strength running into the box aggressively to get onto crosses from our left flank. Kulu helped in this regard, because he's happy hugging the touchline for his starting position, leaving space inside.

But Spence is a player who could potentially take on opposing FBs on the outside, which is what Conte encouraged Sess to do on the left flank.

Of course the two-footed Perisic can go inside or out from LWB. And it will be interesting when we have our final squad for next season to see whether Conte also considers using Perisic at RWB.

Doherty as a starter is very meh.
not at all, was part of the reason we kicked into life at the business end. his injury nearly cost us top 4. no shot on target in 2 games when we had to play emerson instead.

looking forward to having him back, hes not a wing back whos going to whip deadly balls in, hes wing back whos going to make clever runs and cause havoc with his physical presence, perfect for players like kane and kulu.

I think these get until January

(Or the winter window interval)
I know Conte proved it last winter but you don't always get what's needed in Jan window. Let's get the players we know we need now. Djed for the future. Doc needs to be consistent. Still questions there for me

ice-cube-wait-what.gif

Back
Top Bottom