Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you failed to impress at a Championship club, what does that tell you?
Scarlett failed to impress at Ipswich.
Maybe this is his last wake up call?
If it's true he threw a wobbly because he got subbed he has got no chance at THFC but we will know within hours what Ange thinks about him.
He has a £25k pw contract until 2027.

If it's true he threw a wobbly because he got subbed he has got no chance at THFC but we will know within hours what Ange thinks about him.

Scarlett is 19 though.

Good point about later, as if he were to play he can’t then be loaned out again this season. Yet, given our injuries, being on the bench is no real indicator.

Shame if it is attitude, just suspect he maybe questioned Farke in a way that got him binned, as being upset at being subbed is one thing, but challenging a manager in front of the group is hugely different.

Hopefully its a watershed moment for him, whatever the cause.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment, although he is still only 19 and I can't say I've watched him recently.

Kane wasn't a particularly good player when he was Scarlett's age but everyone around him spoke so highly of his work rate, effort levels and commitment to being the best player he could possibly be. Whilst hard work won't bring everyone to that level, the stories you hear around certain players suggests that whilst they have talent, they don't have the attitude. It's a massive shame because you'd like to think that if were you or I in their position, we'd work our absolute tits off to make the most of the opportunity.

To speculate that is one thing, to extrapolate an entire scenario from thin air is a bit much...

"Delusion of grandeur reaction, I strongly suspect, shown in front of the group."
Yes it’s hard to know what to believe. Like Ange would say: "I think Djed is contracted to this football club, and he's as much in control of his destiny as anyone else."

Saw it in his eyes mate...
To speculate that is one thing, to extrapolate an entire scenario from thin air is a bit much...

"Delusion of grandeur reaction, I strongly suspect, shown in front of the group."

Well I gave my speculation first quote, then he got a significant injury next game (Bentancur), gave a little biological background to help those capable, to understand my thinking (Lymph, period of no games, flights, full 90).

Second quote, I watched the game, he was doing OK (not great, lacked drive, but good touches and decent interplay) so thought to myself “I’d be upset in his place”, then noticed he was dropped fully next game. So, hardly conjuring an entire scenario from the Air, given his history and somewhat surly demeanour.

Hope I’m wrong, but Ange commented on Dane yet nothing on DJed, which further fuels my suspicion he crossed a line.

Well I gave my speculation first quote, then he got a significant injury next game (Bentancur), gave a little biological background to help those capable, to understand my thinking (Lymph, period of no games, flights, full 90).

Second quote, I watched the game, he was doing OK (not great, lacked drive, but good touches and decent interplay) so thought to myself “I’d be upset in his place”, then noticed he was dropped fully next game. So, hardly conjuring an entire scenario from the Air, given his history and somewhat surly demeanour.

Hope I’m wrong, but Ange commented on Dane yet nothing on DJed, which further fuels my suspicion he crossed a line.
An impact injury from a dirty tackle...

Second point, the imagined scenario is literally in quotation marks, speculating that based on his track record maybe they didn't like his attitude is fair, dreaming up scenes where he's kicked off at the coach in front of the rest of the players is, at this stage, pure fanfic.

Even if that turned out to be true, it would be purely coincidental and nothing to do with your powers of deduction.

Would we get 10 million for him?
I still think he hasn’t been given a chance unlike say sessegnon or reguliion.

He gets a chance every single day in training. If you can't even impress the manager in a training session you are never going to play. These days managers don't indulge "talented" players who can't be arsed to train hard and behave properly.

This guy has been sent away by Warnock, sent away by Conte, sent away by Ange and now sent back to us by Farke. The lad has talent so there must be an issue with his professionalism or his football brain (or both). Because he clearly isn't endearing himself to any of his managers.

There has been some rumours we like the look of Archie Gray. Doubt it, but I wonder if that’s got something to do with it. We want to sign Gray and send him back there on loan but they haven’t got enough spaces to do that if they keep Spence.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment, although he is still only 19 and I can't say I've watched him recently.

Kane wasn't a particularly good player when he was Scarlett's age but everyone around him spoke so highly of his work rate, effort levels and commitment to being the best player he could possibly be. Whilst hard work won't bring everyone to that level, the stories you hear around certain players suggests that whilst they have talent, they don't have the attitude. It's a massive shame because you'd like to think that if were you or I in their position, we'd work our absolute tits off to make the most of the opportunity.
Yes, though you see it - in a magnified form - at grassroots with kids' football all the time. People can change yes, though personality traits are at the same time pretty stubborn (on average). Lots of talented kids that don't work hard, distract others, fuck around. Obviously not that as such by the time you get to 19 and a pro, but work ethic still varies massively.

Yes, though you see it - in a magnified form - at grassroots with kids' football all the time. People can change yes, though personality traits are at the same time pretty stubborn (on average). Lots of talented kids that don't work hard, distract others, fuck around. Obviously not that as such by the time you get to 19 and a pro, but work ethic still varies massively.
This guy sums it up pretty well.

IMG-0185.jpg

“Hard work beats talent”

Seems like he gets it. Should see if we can get him in, whoever he is!

There has been some rumours we like the look of Archie Gray. Doubt it, but I wonder if that’s got something to do with it. We want to sign Gray and send him back there on loan but they haven’t got enough spaces to do that if they keep Spence.
Archie Gray looks a very good player. 17 yrs old currently at right back but played midfield for England under 19s. Swap him for Rodon.

Back
Top Bottom