Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What winds me up is none of our other options are good. Doherty bang average and whilst had a good spell for a bit last season, just isn’t good enough. Emerson Royal atrocious and can’t play as RWB. I’m sorry, but how the fuck is Spence worse than these 2? Give him an opportunity Antonio you stubborn cunt!!!

Conte on Djed Spence​

The fans have to be fans. The fans is the fans, I understand they can think everything but I see every day what happens during the training session. I try to do the best for the team. If they trust me, then they trust me, but the choices are mine. If I didn't decide to pick one player it's maybe because he's not ready.

We are talking about a young player with a good prospect, but I repeat I try to pick the best team. Also Doherty last season played every game. Now I’m not seeing him in the right way to start the game. I'm not stupid, I don't want to lose. I try to put the best team, to pick the best team. If they trust me it's ok, if they don't trust me then I'm the coach and I need to take the best decision for Tottenham.

Sorry, 'donio. In that specific topic this trust is wearing reeeaaaaal thin.

I can honestly come out and even say that - NO - I do not trust you on the choice of which RWB to pick (which does not mean I would not trust him generally). Cause you know, on top of trusting and believing I also have eyes. And I watch games. And I do care how MY team does. All I have witnessed this season are 9 appearences of flaming pile of soft shit by one of the painfully weakest players in this position for past 10 years.

And given the fact how we have actually performed, and how he has performed, it actually at times feels like you do want Spurs to lose. Maybe because your ego is bigger than your desire to win. Maybe you have a point to prove. I don't know. But keep starting Royal has cost us. And he has been utter shit in the two games we've lost.

And I am 100% sure I am not only one who thinks this. Quite frankly I think there are more fans that do not trust Conte with always starting Royal then there are ones that are happy with it.

Sure, it could turn out to be not the best option to throw in Spence there. But it is insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting different result.

What winds me up is none of our other options are good. Doherty bang average and whilst had a good spell for a bit last season, just isn’t good enough. Emerson Royal atrocious and can’t play as RWB. I’m sorry, but how the fuck is Spence worse than these 2? Give him an opportunity Antonio you stubborn cunt!!!

What if Spence isn’t doing what Conte wants in training as well as the other two?

You can’t play a player above others if they aren’t doing it on the training pitch, they’d be a mutiny. For all we know that could well be the case. In fact it has to be.

Alli Gold basically said even Fraser Forster would be a prefered choice at RWB for Conte than Spence. He obviously made a joke, but I don’t think we’ll see Spence playing this season lads.

Conte is a great coach. But stubborn cunt😂
I hope I’m wrong.

Or maybe he just see's that Spence isn't ready yet and that if he played him and he had a mare, some of the fans might turn on him (and they will) and it might ruin him. Anyone who thinks that Spence will be a better option than Doherty or Perisic at this time clearly is a moonhead.

But hey Granville and Ernie on TFC know better than Conte right?

So Doherty had a great spell end of last season, got injured but now he's not good enough..... great logic

What if Spence isn’t doing what Conte wants in training as well as the other two?

You can’t play a player above others if they aren’t doing it on the training pitch, they’d be a mutiny. For all we know that could well be the case. In fact it has to be.

Exactly.

So many know-it-alls think they know better than Conte who oversees training every fucking day.

It is getting boring as fuck.

Exactly.

So many know-it-alls think they know better than Conte who oversees training every fucking day.

It is getting boring as fuck.

Bore off!!! He is not immune to criticism and he is not utilising the squad properly. You can put your disagree ratings all you like, but doesn’t change the fact whilst Conte is great, he is certainly not getting certain decisions right this season. People will express frustrations when he’s not giving players like Bissouma a chance. Fucking deal with it

Emerson Royal isn’t doing it on the pitch though in the games, so that training excuse is a cop out for me. Give the lad a chance and see what he can do. We have nothing to lose, as Emerson is utter wank

Damning Statement.

This is the proof for me that our transfer business has not been thought out very well.

When Conte arrived and started playing wingbacks, I said the most important position to fix is RWB.

We didn't address it in the January window.
We didn't address it in the summer window.

We are now left with 3 players who aren't good enough to play a position that is central to the way the manager wants to play. 2 of those three manager doesn't trust and the one he does isn't good enough. I'm sorry but this is a failure on the part of the manager and Paratici.

The Spence signing now stinks of desperation to appease fans by saying look we bought a RWB. The irony is that the player has the potential to be our best option in that position and the manager doesn't trust him. If the manager thinks this given the performances of Emerson and Doherty before him then I'm afraid to say we are in deep shit.

Conte might actually learn more about spence if he throws him in. I can guarantee the fans will actually be supportive of him getting a go, even if he did make a mistake.

Playing Emerson over and over again reminds me of the definition of madness which is expecting a different result when you've clearly seen multiple times that the guy isn't good enough for this level of football.
Spence was a classic Spurs english lower league signing, wasn't he. We had success in the past with guys like Dele, Walker and Lennon. But less recently (Rodon).

I think it probably really pissed off Conte, because it's a sign that the club haven't changed their mentality as much as they told him they would and aren't ready to behave like a 'big club', as he sees it.

We made a mistake selling Trippier, and then not going back in for him when he came back to England.

Bore off!!! He is not immune to criticism and he is not utilising the squad properly. You can put your disagree ratings all you like, but doesn’t change the fact whilst Conte is great, he is certainly not getting certain decisions right this season. People will express frustrations when he’s not giving players like Bissouma a chance. Fucking deal with it

And YOU can deal with the FACT that all I stated was a fact.

Conte watches training. You don’t.

What part of that is not true.

If you tell me you in fact do watch as much of the training as Conte does, then I will humbly apologise.

I’ll wait.

And yes, if you post something I disagree with, you’ll get a disagree. Post something I agree with, you’ll get an agree. Not complicated, is it.

And no, I won’t bore off. It’s a forum and as such I’m free to comment on what I like (as are you).

So go on, smart guy, tell me I’m wrong about the amount of training you watch. 👍🏾

Also re this season, how many games in the premier league have we lost? Go on, tell me.

Must be getting something right.

16 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses in Emerson's last 25 games for the club. Over a league season that would amount to 80 points. He's generally a 6 or 7/10. He's there because he offers a level of stability, something the manager clearly values. I'd like to see Spence myself, and it's a position that most evidently needs upgrading, but Emerson wouldn't be starting every week if he was atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom