Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me we don't half love ripping our own to shreds on here do we? He's a raw youngster who had the balls to take a chance to develop himself overseas. Precious few British players do this.

He's young, barely played any football all season. But yeah, let's write him off instantly like almost everyone did with Bale. Great.

Yep they are ripping him apart, if he can't make it at Rennes he's done. Another Levy signing that hasn't worked out.
I'd like to give him a few months of playing every week first, he is still very Young so im sure when Poch comes back if he has the right attitude and the raw skill he will be a success

Why did the club buy someone that is not better than Emerson or Doc?

Not all signings are made to immediately improve the first team. Spence was bought because he was a decent home grown talent in a position where the squad was weak. He was a "project" signing, Conte has openly said this.

Unfortunately he wasn't yet ready for the PL so he's out on loan. Completely normal situation for a player of his profile.

I'd like to give him a few months of playing every week first, he is still very Young so im sure when Poch comes back if he has the right attitude and the raw skill he will be a success

wouldnt say he's very young really, be 23 when he gets back in the summer. Emerson didnt get much slack from fans last season when he was 23 so he's going to need to impress more at his age now as opposed to 20 year old sarr. Just the nature of the beast at a club whose fans expect us to compete at the very top

this is a great opportunity for him in europa and france otherwise i can see another loan next season then sale at the age of 24

Not all signings are made to immediately improve the first team. Spence was bought because he was a decent home grown talent in a position where we are weak.

Unfortunately he wasn't yet ready so he's out on loan. Completely normal situation for a player of his profile.
He's 22 now, same age as Sess, so maybe he'll be ready in 2 years?
It wasn't a signing approved by Conte, you don't find that worrying?

He was signed for the future, which is all well and good, but we should have also got a ready made starter in as well, we have now hopefully got that with Porro but it seems to little to late!

He's got to stay out on loan until he shows something, If he can't make it at Rennes he's done.

He was signed for the future, which is all well and good, but we should have also got a ready made starter in as well, we have now hopefully got that with Porro but it seems to little to late!
I don't see how we can sign someone for the future without the coaches approval. I think it was more like lets sign Spence so we can make a profit later.

I don't find it worrying that our director of football is doing his job and signing players with long-term potential, no. I'm sure Conte was disappointed that we didn't sign a ready made top player instead, but as he himself has said, that is the way Tottenham do things and he has to deal with it.

Let's just hope that Porro, the expensive player that Conte did request, turns out well.

I don't find it worrying that our director of football is doing his job and signing players with long-term potential, no. I'm sure Conte was disappointed that we didn't sign a ready made top player instead, but as he himself has said, that is the way Tottenham do things and he has to deal with it.
His job is to help Conte succeed buying someone who isn't better than Emerson or Doc when we are in the champions league isn't helping him to succeed. I mean we didn't need to sign a top player but someone better than Royale and Doc would be a start, maybe in a years time he will be at that level although I can't see it playing for Rennes.

Not all signings are made to immediately improve the first team. Spence was bought because he was a decent home grown talent in a position where the squad was weak. He was a "project" signing, Conte has openly said this.

Unfortunately he wasn't yet ready for the PL so he's out on loan. Completely normal situation for a player of his profile.
Nailed it

Fuck me we don't half love ripping our own to shreds on here do we? He's a raw youngster who had the balls to take a chance to develop himself overseas. Precious few British players do this.

He's young, barely played any football all season. But yeah, let's write him off instantly like almost everyone did with Bale. Great.
We are an awfully reactionary and impatient fanbase that are our own worst enemy. We love turning on our players at the smallest inconvenience.

I pray for any striker that is brought in to replace Harry once he leaves or hangs it up.

I don't see how we can sign someone for the future without the coaches approval. I think it was more like lets sign Spence so we can make a profit later.
Conte knew it was a club signing, one for the future, not the first team and he did approve it.

Why did the club buy someone that is not better than Emerson or Doc?

Sometimes you buy players with potential and hope to develop them. Like we did with Walker eg. And he never completely eradicated errors from his game.

I don’t have a solid opinion of Spence as I’ve not seen much of him, but there’s a good reason you sometimes buy players who aren’t the finished product.

Conte knew it was a club signing, one for the future, not the first team and he did approve it.
The club already scouted and identified Spence as a transfer target without any input from Conte.
Conte is part of the club but yet he distances himself from it.

Back
Top Bottom