Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tallies with what I was told he's nice kid polite and not at all Billy big time some here assume. But he has an optional relationship with timekeeping and he is classic gen Z. They are emotional quite frail and introverted. I wish him well.
It's the cellphones and instant messaging isn't it?

As s kid I remember having to plan for meeting friends and so on: if you wouldn't show up at "9.30 by the big tree" you were going to be counted as absent whether you were asleep or dead.

Now you don't need to plan ahead you can just wing it until it's time. I've noticed it with friends my age (30+) even. People don't even try to plan. Just text you at 21.00 Friday and ask if you want to come to their party. Wtf mate? I didn't even know a party was on the cards?? I've just put my kid to sleep!
:ange-bored2:

As s kid I remember having to plan for meeting friends and so on: if you wouldn't show up at "9.30 by the big tree" you were going to be counted as absent whether you were asleep or dead.

Now you don't need to plan ahead you can just wing it until it's time. I've noticed it with friends my age (30+) even. People don't even try to plan. Just text you at 21.00 Friday and ask if you want to come to their party. Wtf mate? I didn't even know a party was on the cards?? I've just put my kid to sleep!
Its 100% the tec. Funny how we never consider the longer term social effects this stuff will have. Its just handed to marketing and we all want one. There's some fascinating research about children's comprehension and information they read on a screen as opposed to off a page , we are starting to actually measure the detrimental effects.

Its 100% the tec. Funny how we never consider the longer term social effects this stuff will have. Its just handed to marketing and we all want one. There's some fascinating research about children's comprehension and information they read on a screen as opposed to off a page , we are starting to actually measure the detrimental effects.
It isn't just children. But I guess once you start noticing the dopamine being pulled through your own eyeballs into the screen you start thinking: "Wait, if I'm a sucker... then what about the kids!? Someone save the bloody kids!"

I had some parents come in and wonder if their kid had adhd, barely had to start examining him before Id stop and ask them what their daily life was like. Yea, the kids not going to listen after playing on his pad 5 hours in a row every day after coming home.
Boy was all right, parents wasn't.

Sadly, it's not just the kids....... Adults have allowed this attitude towards planning, time-keeping etc. to ripple through and be assimilated too........

Plans are no longer plans..... They're just vague suggestions about what might happen if the stars align.

Even my Mum's become like this and she's recently turned 80.... Everything's left up on in the air until the latest possible moment.... This inherent insistence upon remaining flexible is all a bit self-centred tbh. Drives me fucking nuts!

Sadly, it's not just the kids....... Adults have allowed this attitude towards planning, time-keeping etc. to ripple through and be assimilated too........

Plans are no longer plans..... They're just vague suggestions about what might happen if the stars align.

Even my Mum's become like this and she's recently turned 80.... Everything's left up on in the air until the latest possible moment.... This inherent insistence upon remaining flexible is all a bit self-centred tbh. Drives me fucking nuts!
It really is!
Especially when it's one of those:
- wanna go see the new movie Friday?
- yeah sure! Where to meet?
- I'll get back to you then!
- all right!

Come Friday:
- so when to meet? We still on?
- yea yea, I'll be back!

Then they'll tell you at 19.30 that they'll just stay in.

Fuck off, ruins my evening you fucking knobhead. This got me the first few times but now I'm just planning my night with people who arent non committal vague cunts instead.

It just started raining here for the first time in a couple months so I'll put on the full match replay and see how he went and report back.

2 mins - Sal win the ball in their own half with DS up field. You can see he just starts to walk and then gets a wriggle on to track back. Sadly couldnt prevent the goal but he did try.

6 mins - DS is playing as LB in what looks like a flat back 4, but didn't mind going on a long run down the wing but eventually got tackled.

13 mins - DS is playing much further up the pitch (I assume on direction) and starts off a move that culminates in a goal. 1-1 Our way.

14 mins - Ref takes what looks like a chunk of concrete off the pitch that was thrown at the celebrating players. Hopefully not at our boy.

20 mins - DS playing left midfield now as Genoa move to a back three. He was put through for a chance inside the box off to a side and opted for a cross that was blocked rather than a shot. Was the right choice but didn't pay off. So far he is calling for the ball constantly which is good to see.

27 mins - Genoa send everybody up for a corner except DS who is the lone defender. Ends up cleaning up a loose ball confidently.

30 mins - Moved to RB

36 mins - Back to LB. Confident defensive clearance\

47 mins - Tracks back at full tit at the same time as marking his man to put pressure on a winger getting a cross it that does enough to put him off. Is then part of a counter attack which see's his low cross blocked. Unselfish again.

55 mins - moved to RW

57 mins - Genoa lead with a pen. DS not involved but was making himself available. Looks unfit which is to be expected.

60 mins - Back to LB. This manager isn't fucking about with his changes.

67 mins - DS won the ball high up the pitch to start a move which his mate had a cross put out for a corner.

80 mins - Genoa just strolling about here now. Sal have nothing other than hoofing it.

Finito la musica. Djed overall did pretty well considering he played the full match with a bunch of strangers. He did get tired but to be fair the rest of his team just relaxed in the second half. I'd say it was an average to good performance. He didn't stick out as good or bad. Just did what he had to do. I think he did enough to earn a start next match.

Last edited:

My kid has been in bed since 7 and I've been passed out on the sofa dribbling on myself through exhaustion since 8pm

My aim on a night out is t be home between 9 and 10 these days, not going out at 9 lol

My mother in law, is always late, always. At our wedding, clearly she thinks she’s making an entrance as everyone is already there to see her arrival.

What she doesn’t see is everyone thinking “How can you be late to your own daughters wedding, self centred @#£%&£@#”.

My mother in law, is always late, always. At our wedding, clearly she thinks she’s making an entrance as everyone is already there to see her arrival.

What she doesn’t see is everyone thinking “How can you be late to your own daughters wedding, self centred @#£%&£@#”.
I invited my mother in law to our wedding afterwards:
Needless to say she never warmed to me again, thank fuck!

Starts today in 11:30 game home to Lecce.
Seems he is left side of midfield?
Edit (Spence subbed off at HT. Genoa were losing 1-0 but won 2-1)

Last edited:

Fucking hell.

Best thing for him was to go abroad.

Hopefully a new culture/language etc will spark him into life.

Then when can sell him for something near decent and get as muchy money back on him as poss.

Imagine having one of the most sought after, high-paying, minimal-hour jobs in the world and turning up late for it.

I just can't get my head around players doing this sort of shit.

Fucking hell.

Best thing for him was to go abroad.

Hopefully a new culture/language etc will spark him into life.

Then when can sell him for something near decent and get as muchy money back on him as poss.

Imagine having one of the most sought after, high-paying, minimal-hour jobs in the world and turning up late for it.

I just can't get my head around players doing this sort of shit.

He'll never learn and will end up down the leagues. The EFL is littered with these players as are the lesser leagues in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom