Do we appeal to foreign markets?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've read that in Asia, the EPL eams that play in red are more popular because they colour red is seen as lucky
Don't know about being lucky, but red is indeed very popular in Asia, with deep cultural significance. The commie bastards...

Anyways, that's why Cardiff's new owners changed the team's color to red. Not sure how many Asians are going to start following Cardiff simply because they're red now.

I'm from Canada and there's certainly a decent Spurs contingent over here, if the Canada Spurs group is anything to go by. I think there are 6 or 7 cities that have official pubs affiliated with the group where Spurs fans gather to watch games.

Unfortunately I live on the east coast of the country and am probably one of only two Spurs fans I know of for sure where I live now, and was definitely the only one at university :klinsmann: . I've been trying to convert people though, but everyone around me is Woolwich, Chelsea or ManU. Disgusting stuff.

Skepta loves Tottenham as in the area. Not just the football club. Loads of 'Grime Artists' are from Tottenham love the area, but support Woolwich.

I agree.. but Skepta was on TV, professing his love for the mighty Spurs.

Chip, Lethal etc. are all gooners. True true.

I frequent the pub with about 4 other Spurs fans, two of us got into it because of :brad: and got hooked. The other two primarily because they hate bandwagoners and chose the team most likely to enter into an era of dominance....basically you gotta target the non-cunts.

Where you from man? Keep spreading the good word!

There are about 15-20 hardcore Spurs fans in Saint Louis that I know of based on watching games in a little pub on the South Side. One of 'em is over for the Liverpool game today, hope he gets another good result as he was at the Spammers match on Sunday as well. Lucky bastard.

We're better than the other American fans of Premier League teams and I speak based on years of personal experience. You should have SEEN the sad gooner bastards in Baltimore and the ones I've met occasionally in Saint Louis. I'm positive they were all born next to a nuclear reactor. To be fair there are some decent fans of other teams over here but the majority are bandwagon jumpers. All the Tottenham supporters I've met around the US fell in love with Spurs for the right reasons and are genuinely decent people. Literally to a woman/man, good people.

Would we rather have a billion bandwagon fans or a million good ones? Is it just about replica shirt sales? I'm sure ENIC are happy I've bought some products of theirs down the years, but we are not Manchester United or Chelsea. Despite the lack of trophies I'm rather proud of this and it definitely had a part to play in me starting to follow Spurs back in 2004.

Where you from man? Keep spreading the good word!

There are about 15-20 hardcore Spurs fans in Saint Louis that I know of based on watching games in a little pub on the South Side. One of 'em is over for the Liverpool game today, hope he gets another good result as he was at the Spammers match on Sunday as well. Lucky bastard.

We're better than the other American fans of Premier League teams and I speak based on years of personal experience. You should have SEEN the sad gooner bastards in Baltimore and the ones I've met occasionally in Saint Louis. I'm positive they were all born next to a nuclear reactor. To be fair there are some decent fans of other teams over here but the majority are bandwagon jumpers. All the Tottenham supporters I've met around the US fell in love with Spurs for the right reasons and are genuinely decent people. Literally to a woman/man, good people.

Would we rather have a billion bandwagon fans or a million good ones? Is it just about replica shirt sales? I'm sure ENIC are happy I've bought some products of theirs down the years, but we are not Manchester United or Chelsea. Despite the lack of trophies I'm rather proud of this and it definitely had a part to play in me starting to follow Spurs back in 2004.

'nough said.

The passion for english football is intense in Norway, and we are definately one of the biggest clubs behind United and L'pool. TV2 (they have the PL television rights here) even have their own reporter outside Spurs Lodge on deadline day..

Tell me more.

To be honest, I only signed up for Spurs Canada this year, since I just discovered it. But from what there website can tell (still waiting for membership card and stuff) there are six official chapters in Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver and Aurora. Basically there are chapters in major cities from Quebec out west. Nothing where I am though. I'm just finally happy that I stumbled across this supporters club and hopefully it lets me get in touch with people in my region of the country. Instead of lonely, early mornings in front of my computer or tv.

This is the link to their website: http://spurscanada.ca/coys/

To be honest, I only signed up for Spurs Canada this year, since I just discovered it. But from what there website can tell (still waiting for membership card and stuff) there are six official chapters in Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver and Aurora. Basically there are chapters in major cities from Quebec out west. Nothing where I am though. I'm just finally happy that I stumbled across this supporters club and hopefully it lets me get in touch with people in my region of the country. Instead of lonely, early mornings in front of my computer or tv.

This is the link to their website: http://spurscanada.ca/coys/
I'm in Ottawa myself and I know that here there are a few Spurs fans around. I've been meaning to get around to one of the Ottawa Spurs events, just haven't been too sure of where they are, thanks for the link! Hopefully get a couple supporters out to the bar this afternoon for Liverpool

Just saw something that made me sick.

Official Spurs Twitter has about 300,000 followers

Woolwich's had 2,000,000

Just an indicator of their popularity

But yea, NBC buying the EPL broadcasting rights was a massive surprise. I still think NBC are cunts, but they'll bring greater visibility to the sport in the US. European football will always be a niche following though I think. It's going to be difficult to convince droves of Americans to get up on their days off over the weekend, at 7 in the morning or so, god forbid you live on the West Coast.

I didn't know about NBC buying the rights. I actually think this could be a fucking disaster for me and other U.S. Spurs fans. With the exception of today, I've been able to watch every Spurs regular season game. What I read was from the internet is that "NBC's English-language networks will televise six live games a week." Six games? Six?! Right now on Fox and Fox soccer plus I get them all (with the exception of today's Liverpool game which I am dumbfounded by). Just ask yourself if they are given the choice of Spurs v. Southampton or any Chelsea, Manu, Woolwich, Man City, Liverpool game which is gonna get tapped to play?

This has me seriously concerned.

Back
Top Bottom