Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 33.5%

• Total voters
There are other players that need to be sold and replaced far more urgently than Kulu. Dier, Sanchez, Sessegnon, PEH, Lloris, Davies, Lenglet, Perisic for starters.

We need to focus our attention firstly to replacing the keeper and most of the back 4 and adding squad depth in that space.

Kulu's form while concerning is waaaay down that list of priorities.
nice one rocket scientist

ship out the whole defence and keep the carthorse

Pep once called Jordan Ayew an incredible player. People need to stop listening to what he says about opposition footballers or coaches.
It's true enough that opposing coaches frequently offer over-inflated praise of opponents and that Pep does it more than most. Still, it stands to reason that when discussing Spurs he focuses on guys like Kane and Kulu that have that degree of technical quality

Kulu is nothing like Bernardo. One is impossible to get the ball off and is incredibly mobile. The other has the balance of a one legged giraffe and a turning circle which lasts 3 business days.
Kulu does more defensive work than Kane & Son combined. Work rate, difficult to defend dribbling in and around the box, quality on balls into the box and shots from distance.

I can easily find a few for < 1M that are performing to the level that he has all THIS season. Would that satisfy your curiosity?
BM you disagree? Should I check back with you on this matter after Thursday's or Sunday's game?

Where do I begin?

...but in reality you ARE saying that. Eric Dier and so many underperforming players are STILL here. If we sign Kulu he stays until the last year of his contract...as per DL...underperforming the whole time while a cadre of this board keeps the faith and defends his honour at all costs lest they have to admit they had it wrong in the first place...

Sure, but that's called biting the bullet and Liverpool are doing it now. So either accept the painful rebuild or continue this piecemeal bullshit we've done for the last 4 seasons. Is this good to ya?

Why? He's not good enough FFS. Why go to such great lengths to hold on to a players easily identified at this point in time as not good enough? And if you say he is good enough then tell what quality he has that he has consistently shown in the PL...because players that are good enough can consistently show their quality...and shit players are inconsistent players that need just the right conditions to do anything of value.

Way less stupid than keeping a not-good-enough RW that we have...mercifully, on loan. But beyond that biting the bullet means accepting that there will be holes...smart teams do this...like Liverpool who have had a terrible season...but will pass us for top 4 very soon...LOL
Cool, let's get rid of Kulu and anyone not performing well. Just have to sign 20 players this summer. Simples!

Good luck!

If the new manager comes in and says, I want a slow winger who is weak and a poor athlete, then 100% we need to keep .

And if the scouts are lazy and we have trouble with identifying players, then the price has to be negotiated. 30m for Kulu is a robbery. Should be between 10-15 . Either that or let him go and give Gil a chance.

Considering we have about 10 other deals that we need to do prior to even thinking about Kulu, I'd rather we actually focussed our efforts on shifting half of the rest of the squad first. Not even close to a problem for us.

No, I think Gil is a "slow winger who is weak and a poor athlete".

Definitely is. But he's less clunky/immobile than Kulu + wouldn't cost us 30 million. I imagine his wage demands are rather less too. Given people seem to be already accepting Kulu would be a "squad player" it doesn't seem a bad idea to keep Gil around instead.

Not that I rate either as particularly prodigious PL wide players. But if people are attached to this 'we can only bring x amount of players in and Kulu is already here' logic then Gil is already a Spurs player as well. And we wouldn't have to pay for the privilege of having him here.

This is also Daniel Levy we're talking about, so I'm sure the prospects for getting Juventus to take less will be explored.
The myth that Daniel Levy is an astute businessman when it comes to players is absolute bollocks.

More often than not, he gets completely rinsed, but the media love to portray him as transfer business guru.

Ndombele
Soldado
Los Celso
Sanchez
Bergjwyn
Jannesen
Sessegnon
Armstrong
(+Possibly Richarlison, but the jury's still out)

He should have a reputation as someone who pays top dollar for mostly tat players that not a lot of other clubs want, yet he's lauded in the media.

He's probably just extremely difficult to deal with, which just makes him get ripped off even more.

Cool, let's get rid of Kulu and anyone not performing well. Just have to sign 20 players this summer. Simples!

Good luck!

But erm ... we don't need to get rid of him ... he's not a Spurs player. We'd have to actively go actually get him.

We don't need to sign 20 players. I'd rather we were patient, bought a few of genuine quality in a window, and continued in that vein for a few transfer windows. Certainly better than adding to the mediocrity we already have on full contracts because they happen to already be here.

Again, this logic dictates we also sign Lenglet. Except we shouldn't because he's meh. But he's actually been no less meh than Kulu has been this season. But hey, signing him would save us the headache of actually identifying a player, right?

No, I think Gil is a "slow winger who is weak and a poor athlete".
Ah. He's weak but I didnt notice Gil being slow or a poor athlete. Maybe he is, but he hasnt played that much for us. . In any case, if we dont make Kulu permanent, then we should give Gil a chance. He's already on our books and didnt cost 30 million. Definitely, dont need to collect more wingers who lack pace or goalscoring ability

Back
Top Bottom