Do you keep track of any other teams?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Turun Palloseura (TPS) are my main 2nd team.
Fucking useless, stuck in the Finnish 2nd tier, so feels about right as a Spurs fan.

Played for Canterbury City when the club formed so keep an eye on their results.

Recently moved with Ramsgate now being my closest local side, so attend the odd game of theirs too. Amazing they got an FA Cup tie on the BBC this season.

Then to lesser degrees, I generally prefer to see these sides winning: Fulham, Charlton, Gillingham, Dover, Herne Bay.

Ipswich.

Reason is, years ago I used to work with someone who put me to shame with his knowledge of Spurs and how we played, previous results, who we were rumoured to be signing etc. He actually supported Ipswich so I started finding out as much info as I could about them so it wasn't just one-way traffic during the Monday morning football conversations.
Haven't worked with him for nearly a quarter of a century but still look for all their results and gossip.

Ipswich.

Reason is, years ago I used to work with someone who put me to shame with his knowledge of Spurs and how we played, previous results, who we were rumoured to be signing etc. He actually supported Ipswich so I started finding out as much info as I could about them so it wasn't just one-way traffic during the Monday morning football conversations.
Haven't worked with him for nearly a quarter of a century but still look for all their results and gossip.
I do this with Aberdeen currently but couldn't give a damn about their results.

Wycombe Wanderers since about the same time I started following us in the late 80s as they were my hometown club.

Typically after following them since their non league days, they finally their greatest achievement of getting into the Championship is missed by all the fans because it is during covid. This was then topped off with being relegated instead of Derby by a point, who then get a point deduction the following season for financial difficulties. Had it been applied to the season before Wycombe stay up.

Coleraine and Bristol City.

Coleraine (Northern Ireland) because my Ex's younger brother who's a top lad goes home and (mostly) away although now he's just had kids it's mostly Home. Rain or Shine.

Bristol City because it was the first game I went to and while I didn't support a team for many years because I had ambitions of playing professionally (I fell woefully short of the mark), I wore the shirt (a Xmas present) to every trial.

Result of that first game: 1-0 City; scorer: Joe Royal

View: https://youtu.be/iG1sEywfaoc?si=YY_Ft_q2DWsmUl-_

Up the Robins and the Bannsiders

Wycombe Wanderers since about the same time I started following us in the late 80s as they were my hometown club.

Typically after following them since their non league days, they finally their greatest achievement of getting into the Championship is missed by all the fans because it is during covid. This was then topped off with being relegated instead of Derby by a point, who then get a point deduction the following season for financial difficulties. Had it been applied to the season before Wycombe stay up.
Good work. My formative years were taking the train to Wycombe on a Saturday to buy records and Dungeons and Dragons shite. I was already a Spurs fan by that point and always disliked that quarter design on the shirt. That Liverpool kit in my previous post was probably the most elegant strip I'd seen and may have influenced my choices when we moved there.

That and my BFF being a Gooner.

Grew up in the 80’s collecting pannini stickers and always liked Coventry and Southampton because of their badges. Other team would be forest because my dad, my brother and my son all follow them.

Grew up in the 80’s collecting pannini stickers and always liked Coventry and Southampton because of their badges. Other team would be forest because my dad, my brother and my son all follow them.
"Coventry are fuck all. They’ve got a shit team and shit support. Hitler had the right idea when he flattened the place.”

I've no beef with Coventry but this is the opening line in a very good book.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-F...60&sprefix=the+football+factory,aps,69&sr=8-1

Back
Top Bottom