Do you trust the club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you trust the club?

• Yes, undoubtedly - I am 100% backing them as the guys to take us forward

• Really encouraged and excited by recent changes but I'm still not fully on board just yet.

• Still undecided (50/50) - Jury is still out for me

• Recent changes are encouraging but they still have a long way to go to completely regain my trust

• Absolutely no chance, we know what ENIC are like!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been indecisive about the ENIC in or out debate, but had the overriding thought that they have reaped in the money without spending beyond our means, with all the attendant frustrations that brings to us supporters over the years. In defence of that, personally, I don't want to be a club that spends the most - I quite like being the smallest of the so-called big clubs, if that makes sense.

However, that 'policy' seems to have now put us in an even better place financially, with certain other clubs having major issues. However (again), Levy et al couldn't have predicted FFP/PSR so their financial prudence in getting us to this position is one of luck, I guess, although being financially prudent will usually provide good things in the long run anyway, and be less due to 'luck'.

However (again, again), let's not forget that we were ESL-bound, and Levy must have known the fan's feelings on this before he signed up. Even if it wasn't the majority of fans (and we'll never know that for sure) he made a hugely unpopular decision only reversed because he had to. But the key thing is that he was for it first and foremost (the whole ESL debate thing is another issue not for here).

So, is he / they trustworthy? No, absolutely not but with the caveat of be careful of what you wish for, grass isn't greener, etc, and all the other clichés that go with it.

Edit: finance is probably one of things I know least about so I realise that I can be over-simplistic on such matters.

Levy's on record talking about this football bubble bursting and the current level on spending not sustainable tbf. I think he's been planning for this for a while.

Levy's on record talking about this football bubble bursting and the current level on spending not sustainable tbf. I think he's been planning for this for a while.
Fair point. He's administered us as a business (as much as one can) and not a football club, in the traditional sense of the term. In essence, his / ENICs management was a form of insurance. He hasn't over-gambled, in the main. Difficult thing to balance given the pressure from supporters and other clubs' progression.

Last edited:
With so many posters claiming to be 'ENIC Neutral', I'm surprised the fence option, the one bang in the middle with zero bias either way, has yet to receive a single vote!

How strange :sonhmm:

With so many posters claiming to be 'ENIC Neutral', I'm surprised the fence option, the one bang in the middle with zero bias either way, has yet to receive a single vote!

I think the 2nd option can still place ENIC at 'neutral' but with an acceptance that they have had positive impacting over the past few months (and before if one wants to look at this from a financial perspective). It's how they deal with the future that will determine my thoughts on their management of the club.

Ha! Within 2 minutes of me posting this, the middle option gets a vote ❎ . :harrylol:

Where’s the option for Levy is an enormous cunt and I wouldn’t trust him as far as I can throw him?

But he’s made better decisions in the last 3 years than he did in the previous 3 years. Let’s see if that continues.

There are a lot of ‘I am neutral/couldn’t care less’ posters who then repeatedly defend them & attack anti enic posters. But wouldn’t say boo to a pro enic poster.

Where’s the option for Levy is an enormous cunt and I wouldn’t trust him as far as I can throw him?

But he’s made better decisions in the last 3 years than he did in the previous 3 years. Let’s see if that continues.

Bottom one mate

Middle 3 are neutral, top and bottom are both obvious extremes.

I would have to wait to see what happens during Ange's reign and after it. ENIC have consistently made mistakes and are impatient at times. The board won't be too pleased if Villa get a CL spot and we don't. We had Poch for 5 years, then we went in a different direction with the manager and hired Mourinho. Sacked him on the eve of the cup final. We embarked on a joke of a managerial search when the much heralded Paratici was DOF and ended up with Nuno that came to a swift end. Then Conte another win now manager but did very well in the short term but again not surprised his end came. The board thought his assistant would do better but ended up sacking him as well.

If you go back further down the time line to Arnesen and Jol we had a reputation for bringing in young talent, But we didn't stick to it. After the first season where Jol got 5th, they went behind his back and tried to get Ramos.. Eventually Ramos was hired he won us are one and only cup under ENIC. Next season 2 points from 8 games they panic and hire Redknapp who doesnt want to work with a DOF and he does much better than expected.

What if Lange gets sacked or takes a job elsewhere and Ange says like Poch he doesn't want DOF, what would ENIC do? Or if he does want to work with a DOF, will it take them a year or two to appoint one like they have done in the past? Which in the mean time means Levy getting heavily involved again.

So in summary, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, I shall wait to see what happens during and after Ange's reign.

Ha Ha..Shady is one of 'The Most Ignored ' posters on the forum as so many find his nauseating love affair with Daniel Levy so unpalatable they've blocked him.

They won't even be aware of any poll. . :harrylol:

Anyway.

Stratford. European money league. Villa Ticket pricing scandal. Frazer Campbell. Anchor Tennants. Nuno appointment, Serial trophy dodgers. Furlough. Highest boardroom Salaries. 0 domestic cups since 2008. Best players wanting out. Self confessed involvement for financial gain only. No desire to win. winning is hard 😭Highest ticket prices in the world. Previous managers calling them out. Profit over Glory.....Majority owner awaiting sentencing for fraud having locked up his shares in some dodgy 'family trust'
And yet another trophyless season on the horizon

Yeah. Sure.... I'm 100% backing them . .:mourloopy:
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Ha Ha..Shady is one of 'The Most Ignored ' posters on the forum as so many find his nauseating love affair with Daniel Levy so unpalatable they've blocked him.

They won't even be aware of any poll.
. :harrylol:

Anyway.

Stratford. European money league. Villa Ticket pricing scandal. Frazer Campbell. Anchor Tennants. Nuno appointment, Serial trophy dodgers. Furlough. Highest boardroom Salaries. 0 domestic cups since 2008. Best players wanting out. Self confessed involvement for financial gain only. No desire to win. winning is hard 😭Highest ticket prices in the world. Previous managers calling them out. Profit over Glory.....Majority owner awaiting sentencing for fraud having locked up his shares in some dodgy 'family trust'

You reap what you sow, Shady is reasonable now until he reads something he doesn't like or the exchanges get too much, he will start playing the man instead of the ball.

One thing that the poll has revealed is that the Levy Out movement has greatly reduced in number. If this poll had been done at this point last season, I think 2 and 5 would have been at least reversed and I doubt there would have been many takers for 1. There is nothing like crap football, an uninspiring manager and weak exits from the cup competitions to provoke discontent at the club's ownership model.

It just proves that it all comes down to what happens on the pitch. If the team is doing well, the club is doing well. If the team isn't doing well, everything else crumbles.

Ultimately, Levy has addressed the problems from last season, brought in an excellent manager and signed top quality players and this is reflected in the support for him in the poll. I think the summer transfer window will be a key factor in whether support for Levy grows or declines from this point.

You reap what you sow, Shady is reasonable now until he reads something he doesn't like or the exchanges get too much, he will start playing the man instead of the ball.

Yeah I wonder what type of posts will cause such a reaction 😆

Yeah I wonder what type of posts will cause such a reaction 😆
Posts abusing you, I would say fair enough you have a right to hit back. Posts that are about the subject which you don't like, then I'd say your reaction is out of order.

They won't even be aware of any poll. . :harrylol:

Anyway.

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

No option for me available.

I have always backed the players, managers, board, club. Have always thought that ultimately the development of the club under Levy has been of an upward trend, but I couldn't say I'm 100% backing them. They make good and bad decisions. I can see the logic behind many of the bad decisions, which often don't seem so bad at the time.

Overall we have people running the club in a way I prefer to see compared to many of our Premier League rivals. What we have done and where we have come from and got to under Levy makes us the envy of so many clubs. The likes of Villa, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham etc and many more would happily switch places and stature with us.

- The board have overall done a good job in charge of the club. Better the devil you know.

Back
Top Bottom