Do you trust the club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you trust the club?

• Yes, undoubtedly - I am 100% backing them as the guys to take us forward

• Really encouraged and excited by recent changes but I'm still not fully on board just yet.

• Still undecided (50/50) - Jury is still out for me

• Recent changes are encouraging but they still have a long way to go to completely regain my trust

• Absolutely no chance, we know what ENIC are like!

Results are only viewable after voting.
If a thread annoyed me so much to put it on ignore, I wouldn't bother posting in it to tell everyone Im putting it on ignore, I'd just do it.

Ha Ha..Shady is one of 'The Most Ignored ' posters on the forum as so many find his nauseating love affair with Daniel Levy so unpalatable they've blocked him.

They won't even be aware of any poll. . :harrylol:

Anyway.

Stratford. European money league. Villa Ticket pricing scandal. Frazer Campbell. Anchor Tennants. Nuno appointment, Serial trophy dodgers. Furlough. Highest boardroom Salaries. 0 domestic cups since 2008. Best players wanting out. Self confessed involvement for financial gain only. No desire to win. winning is hard 😭Highest ticket prices in the world. Previous managers calling them out. Profit over Glory.....Majority owner awaiting sentencing for fraud having locked up his shares in some dodgy 'family trust'
And yet another trophyless season on the horizon

Yeah. Sure.... I'm 100% backing them . .:mourloopy:
Yeah, but apart from that . . . . . . :levywhoa:

I would have to wait to see what happens during Ange's reign and after it. ENIC have consistently made mistakes and are impatient at times. The board won't be too pleased if Villa get a CL spot and we don't. We had Poch for 5 years, then we went in a different direction with the manager and hired Mourinho. Sacked him on the eve of the cup final. We embarked on a joke of a managerial search when the much heralded Paratici was DOF and ended up with Nuno that came to a swift end. Then Conte another win now manager but did very well in the short term but again not surprised his end came. The board thought his assistant would do better but ended up sacking him as well.

If you go back further down the time line to Arnesen and Jol we had a reputation for bringing in young talent, But we didn't stick to it. After the first season where Jol got 5th, they went behind his back and tried to get Ramos.. Eventually Ramos was hired he won us are one and only cup under ENIC. Next season 2 points from 8 games they panic and hire Redknapp who doesnt want to work with a DOF and he does much better than expected.

What if Lange gets sacked or takes a job elsewhere and Ange says like Poch he doesn't want DOF, what would ENIC do? Or if he does want to work with a DOF, will it take them a year or two to appoint one like they have done in the past? Which in the mean time means Levy getting heavily involved again.

So in summary, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, I shall wait to see what happens during and after Ange's reign.

This is a good point, fan sentiment has always been linked with on the pitch performances, the vast majority of the ENIC out sentiment was based on fans who who had to sit and watch shit football with the club heading in no direction which was hard to get behind.

Fans always need something to get behind because it harbours the feeling of hope, we didn't have much hope over the last 5 years or so because the tooabll was unsustainable and we always knew deep down that it was going to blow up at some point.

Been an Enic/ Levy critic for a long time now. For me they've made some horrible decisions over the years which have impacted the lack of footballing success massively whilst all the time rewarding themselves with huge bonuses. No doubt they would argue this is because of the finances being in order but this is a FOOTBALL CLUB and on that front they have failed. Watching the Amazon Doc I genuinely stunned how much Levy seemed to be around the team on a day to day basis. Just didn't feel right to me and even more reason for him to be held responsible.
Our current situation with P&S thing is definitely worthy of some praise. Was it all part of some master plan? Not necessarily convinced and it's only because most our rivals have struggled with it that seems to have given us an advantage. To be fair they might have had some idea this would be the case and Danny boy has banged the sustainability drum for sometime.
The Stadium and all the NFL/Beyonce/Go karts etc should hopefully help us continue to maintain and grow this advantage so again credit where it's due and all that.
So do I trust our owners? I've had too many years of disappointment and hurt to be fully on board but I'm hopeful they're starting to get things right. Bout bloody time though!!

Watching the Amazon Doc
Over It Eye Roll GIF by Shalita Grant

The Stadium and all the NFL/Beyonce/Go karts etc should hopefully help us continue to maintain and grow this advantage so again credit where it's due and all that.
We actually have a history of hosting non-football events going back to Northumberland Park. We hosted royal tournaments and baseball games in an effort to increase stadium revenue. The only difference is that it wasn't anywhere near as profitable as it is now.

ENIC aren't doing anything that wasn't being done in the 1890s.

Supporting Spurs for 46 years and prior to Ange it was becoming harder and harder to have faith in Levy & Co. Yes we have the stadium, the training grounds and most of the infrastructure required to succeed, but the facts are the trophy cabinet has been bare and dusty a long time. Top that off with Jose and Conte ball and its clear why the feeling about the club amongst fans was getting so toxic.
As a part time Celtic fan I had worries about Ange taking our job, not because I did not think he could succeed, but because I worried he would not be backed and both Spurs and Celtic would then suffer.
Currently we have a top manager in Ange, playing the type of football we want to see. We have a much improved scouting/recruitment setup with Paratici working wonders with some of his signings. We are also very compliant with FFP and lets face it FFP should play into Levys hands.
My worries would be if something goes awry, we lose Ange or our recruitment goes to pants again. Historically it has taken us way too long to rectify issues like this and I would not have a lot of faith in that improving going forward.
In summary my feeling of trust in the club has improved, however their way of handling fans issues needs to improve and I will wait until I see some silverware or persistent challenging for same before all faith is restored. We are heading in the right direction again, but it will take more than a few months of improvement to convince many that this is not just another false dawn.

@ Doom Funk Doom Funk
@ John Thomas John Thomas
@ scott scott
@ TomHotspur TomHotspur
@ mummy mummy
@ Zomb
@ Deuterz Deuterz
@ Telel Telel

Hello lads, you've all voted 0% :)

Let me ask this question, what do ENIC have to do to restore your faith in them so you can start to trust them again? (apart from leave)
You've made 2 incorrect assumptions. Firstly, I can't 'start to trust ENIC again', because I never trusted them in the first place. Secondly, they can't 'restore my faith in them', because I've never had faith in them.
You'd have to be naive to trust someone for whom Tottenham is just a rich man's plaything, or at best a business venture. There are a few football club owners who are first & foremeost fans - I don't see ENIC in that way, so I don't trust them.

You've made 2 incorrect assumptions. Firstly, I can't 'start to trust ENIC again', because I never trusted them in the first place. Secondly, they can't 'restore my faith in them', because I've never had faith in them.
You'd have to be naive to trust someone for whom Tottenham is just a rich man's plaything, or at best a business venture. There are a few football club owners who are first & foremeost fans - I don't see ENIC in that way, so I don't trust them.

Do you think any set of fans trust their owners or do you think it's just an ENIC/Tottenham thing? Like do you think any of the other top 6 owners are first and foremost fans?

Been an Enic/ Levy critic for a long time now. For me they've made some horrible decisions over the years which have impacted the lack of footballing success massively whilst all the time rewarding themselves with huge bonuses. No doubt they would argue this is because of the finances being in order but this is a FOOTBALL CLUB and on that front they have failed. Watching the Amazon Doc I genuinely stunned how much Levy seemed to be around the team on a day to day basis. Just didn't feel right to me and even more reason for him to be held responsible.
Our current situation with P&S thing is definitely worthy of some praise. Was it all part of some master plan? Not necessarily convinced and it's only because most our rivals have struggled with it that seems to have given us an advantage. To be fair they might have had some idea this would be the case and Danny boy has banged the sustainability drum for sometime.
So do I trust our owners? I've had too many years of disappointment and hurt to be fully on board but I'm hopeful they're starting to get things right. Bout bloody time though!!
Even if we didn’t have levy. I wouldn’t want our chairman around the players & manager so much. Acting like you’re one of them. Act like a chairman. Get out their way!

@ Doom Funk Doom Funk
@ John Thomas John Thomas
@ scott scott
@ TomHotspur TomHotspur
@ mummy mummy
@ Zomb
@ Deuterz Deuterz
@ Telel Telel

Hello lads, you've all voted 0% :)

Let me ask this question, what do ENIC have to do to restore your faith in them so you can start to trust them again? (apart from leave)
You voted 100% .....when they have the worst trophy record in the football club's history. Currently have no European football, no domestic trophy interest, and staring down the barrel of finishing another season empty handed.
A more pertinent question would be How many more managers, and how many more years of coming up short are you prepared to give them before you start doubting them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom