Do you trust the club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you trust the club?

• Yes, undoubtedly - I am 100% backing them as the guys to take us forward

• Really encouraged and excited by recent changes but I'm still not fully on board just yet.

• Still undecided (50/50) - Jury is still out for me

• Recent changes are encouraging but they still have a long way to go to completely regain my trust

• Absolutely no chance, we know what ENIC are like!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Second one

anchorman-boy-that-escalated-quickly.gif

You voted 100% .....when they have the worst trophy record in the football club's history. Currently have no European football, no domestic trophy interest, and staring down the barrel of finishing another season empty handed.
A more pertinent question would be How many more managers, and how many more years of coming up short are you prepared to give them before you start doubting them

So I take it from this you will only trust them when we win a trophy, cool

I will trust them when there is no longer a need to make videos telling us how he understands the fans , the club history and what our ambitions are . If he understood that and behaved accordingly the videos become obsolete as his actions illustrate said understanding.
I am currently much happier with things, but I am not yet convinced that Levy has had a road to Damascus moment about the previous 24 years . However if Ange is still with us in 3 years , if in the next 3 or 4 transfer windows we again do the right business and do it swiftly I will lower my guard appreciably . The fact that Levy stumbled on Ange after several rejections is not the barometer for change some think it is .

The feel good factor remains an Ange not Levy factor. for most , but as said above if the January window is the new template I will happily give credit and soften further my stance . If however he reverts to type what will the Levy supporters say. Levy supporters want us to change our views , so will you change yours if the next window and the following 3 are not equally impressive . The case has been made by some on here that he is smarter than everyone else , that FFP has hamstrung everyone else and we now via the stadium have the edge over the competition. So there really is no excuse not to be repeating January’s admittedly impressive window .

Do you think any set of fans trust their owners or do you think it's just an ENIC/Tottenham thing? Like do you think any of the other top 6 owners are first and foremost fans?
Your questions are becoming increasingly bizarre.

Obviously Sheikh Mansour was crawling around the Palace at 18 months of age, singing Blue Moon.

giphy.gif

So I take it from this you will only trust them when we win a trophy, cool

And I take from your lack of response that if another 10 years and 5 managers come and go with nothing to show for it you'll still be spending 16 hours every day on here supporting ENIC and villifying / scapegoating former managers and players hired, fired and sold by Levy.....Postecoglou included.

You seem to take more pleasure and excitement from a Daniel Levy club statement than a 90th minute winner scored by Son Heung Min

It's just not normal, man.

Last edited:
What is the rational for the poll because right now it supports the view that a fair amount of distrust remains .
If that turns out to be the case will you just say everyone bar you and the Kid are wrong , or will you question how you can be so out of step with what the vast majority see and feel ?

My view has softened somewhat and I hope that the club give further nourishment to said softening of views. However one swallow does not a summer make
" However one swallow does not a summer make"

A week, tops!

Sexy Look GIF

Your questions are becoming increasingly bizarre.

Obviously Sheikh Mansour was crawling around the Palace at 18 months of age, singing Blue Moon.

giphy.gif

It’s a well known fact* the Glazer brothers were top boys in Man Utd’s feared Red Army.
Like the Mitchell brothers their reputation proceeded them.
And “Mental”Malcolm Glazer could often be seen in the 70s having a tear up on the Stretford End is my understanding.

Don’t even get me started on that John W. Henry.
Absolute mad man when on the beers up at Anfield.
Imagine just having a letter as your middle name. Mentalist.

*no sources were checked for fact finding purposes

Huh?

I've just repeated what you said to me before? This is your assertation, not mine? :confused:
You've just created this thread as your own little personal cunt off venue. Well, it ain't me babe. It's a pointless thread and it's going on ignore.

Bye bye, dear.

You've just created this thread as your own little personal cunt off venue. Well, it ain't me babe. It's a pointless thread and it's going on ignore.

Bye bye, dear.

Very strange, I think the thread has been fine...I haven't cunted anyone off in here, if anything it's coming from the other side as per usual but anyway, safe to say you can't answer the question and you've thrown a hissy fit, weird behavior but whatever 🤷‍♂️

And I take from your lack of response that if another 10 years and 5 managers come and go with nothing to show for it you'll still be spending 16 hours every day on here supporting ENIC and villifying / scapegoating former managers and players hired, fired and sold by Levy.....Postecoglou included.

You seem to take more pleasure and excitement from a Daniel Levy club statement than a 90th minute winner scored by Son Heung Min

It's just not normal, man.

Well you haven't given me a response yet so we can both play that game and I don't expect you to nail your colours to the mast because you're the king of moving goalposts so this is a bit pointless asking you isn't it.

Anyway For the record I already told you I trust Daniel and his cronies for the time being until they piss me off again, if they repeat the same mistakes and we find ourselves where we were in the Summer of 2021 then I'm joining your guys in the online protests and mass outrage, but for now I'm happy, is that okay with you sir?

I will trust them when there is no longer a need to make videos telling us how he understands the fans , the club history and what our ambitions are . If he understood that and behaved accordingly the videos become obsolete as his actions illustrate said understanding.
I am currently much happier with things, but I am not yet convinced that Levy has had a road to Damascus moment about the previous 24 years . However if Ange is still with us in 3 years , if in the next 3 or 4 transfer windows we again do the right business and do it swiftly I will lower my guard appreciably . The fact that Levy stumbled on Ange after several rejections is not the barometer for change some think it is .

The feel good factor remains an Ange not Levy factor. for most , but as said above if the January window is the new template I will happily give credit and soften further my stance . If however he reverts to type what will the Levy supporters say. Levy supporters want us to change our views , so will you change yours if the next window and the following 3 are not equally impressive . The case has been made by some on here that he is smarter than everyone else , that FFP has hamstrung everyone else and we now via the stadium have the edge over the competition. So there really is no excuse not to be repeating January’s admittedly impressive window .
Good argument, well made. Levy now has his stadium, an enhanced status as a venue and all the revenue streams that come with that.
He is now in a place, which to be fair his vision has produced. What I need now is for him to acknowledge this and truly and very publicly state his priority as winni ng trophies.
When he does that, I will believe the slippery little git is sincere.

The world is now his lobster.

Back
Top Bottom